Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove n64 playlist and core-config and just scan again.. I had similar problem after certain update. Don't quite remember if it was the config or something playlist data related. But after cleaning everything n64 related the problem gone.
I tried deleting these files you mentioned, as well as trying to delete the entire retroarch folder and redownload it and the nro from the website and have the same issue with every game I try, games I was just playing the other night. Even trying to go in the retroarch config settings and trying to "reset to default" crashes my switch. Gameboy stuff still works, SNES still works but n64 just crashes it, trying to reset the config crashes the switch. A lot of weird things are happening.

enzobelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I've tried to use cheats for Chrono Trigger DS usnig MelonDS core, built in cheats are not working. I've achieved to set "max money" searching for address. But can't find "max HP" and "max MP" on my own.

Any help would be apreciated.

hlb96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Chronicles for Dreamcast no longer loads. Right after the Sega logo and Japanese writing, retroarch crashes. It was working a few days ago. Is their a setting or file I need to change? This is the main Dreamcast game I want to play.

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
I just arrived in the Switch scene world a short time ago.
Do you think Gamecube will be possible anyday? They think that in the future there will be a way to correctly run Gamecube? (Regardless of the method to be used, which could be Retroarch or even another).
Considering that Switch is extremely similar to Nvidia Shield, and that Nvidia Shield runs Dolphin without problems, why not use the same methods on Switch?
Running Gamecube on Switch is an obsession for me, especially for games like Mario Striker.
Thank you.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think Gamecube will be possible anyday? They think that in the future there will be a way to correctly run Gamecube? (Regardless of the method to be used, which could be Retroarch or even another).
Considering that Switch is extremely similar to Nvidia Shield, and that Nvidia Shield runs Dolphin without problems, why not use the same methods on Switch?
Running Gamecube on Switch is an obsession for me, especially for games like Mario Striker.
Thank you.

On Switch OS? Nah, but it works on Lakka already. Not every game works though.

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
On Switch OS? Nah, but it works on Lakka already. Not every game works though.

It doesn't matter if it's not on the Switch OS yet, as long as you end up playing Switch seamlessly.
With lakka functional games have some kind of problem? such as fps drop, lag with the game controller, delayed sound or any other problem?
Especially for games like Mario Striker, FZero GX or some Mario Party which are the games I'm most interested in making a backup work on Switch.
Thank you.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep my Gamecube collection on my Wii U so I cannot tell you if those specific games work. My suggestion would just be to setup Lakka and try them yourself. It's not all that complicated just follow the directions here https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/installation.html

Just FYI there's no multiplayer allowed on any gamecube game because Lakka only works in handheld mode with the joycons attached and no other controllers work. From the games you listed I assume you probably wanted to play multiplayer.

Last edited by JayMathis,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you.
no

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd been using 1.7.7 for a while now, but decided to update the retroarch .nro to see what's changed.

Has the issue where using the Switch's native capture doesn't record any audio been fixed? My captures are still muted even after updating.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd been using 1.7.7 for a while now, but decided to update the retroarch .nro to see what's changed.

Has the issue where using the Switch's native capture doesn't record any audio been fixed? My captures are still muted even after updating.
Switch the audio driver to audren thread.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: lordelan

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, always update your loader on a major update.
You can grab the loader only update here http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/RetroArch_loader_update.zip
Done. Fixed quite a few issues I've been having but now PPSSPP crashes constantly. Persona 3 crashes consistenly when trying to load a save. Maverick Hunter X doesn't work at all.

I thought it had something to do with my save files, but they're located at
retroarch\cores\savefiles\PSP\SAVEDATA
Just like the Libretro page advises.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Done. Fixed quite a few issues I've been having but now PPSSPP crashes constantly. Persona 3 crashes consistenly when trying to load a save. Maverick Hunter X doesn't work at all.

Make sure you update the PPSSPP assets, its required.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I double checked and P3P works fine on standalone and libretro if u update your PPSSPP assets.

Reactions: delta nite

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you update the PPSSPP assets, its required.

I double checked and P3P works fine on standalone and libretro if u update your PPSSPP assets.
Should I get the assets fron your repo or the oficial one? Pretty sure it's from yours, just checking.
Thanks so much for taking your time to test the game.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I don't know where your repo is I tried googling around. Could i Get a link please? I even looked in the links in your sig and maybe I missed it but don't see assets.

I'm hoping updating assets will fix my problems I keep having in retroarch PPSSPP with save states?

NM found it on github.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ty

Unfortunately updating assets didn't solve my problem. I've had this problem for months across different versions of ppsspp retroarch. When I Load a save state it freezes then I have to hit home button and close the game then says "the software was closed because an error occured" I am on FAT32 9.2 latest Atmosphere.

Even when I try to make a new save state same freeze happens. Save states are broken in PPSSPP Retroarch at least for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i heard fallout 4 is shit but i think that was when it released