Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

DaiSukiDesu

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi. My siblings used a R4i Upgrade Revolution more than 5 years ago on a DSi. I came across the cart recently and tried it, but can't get it working anymore. I've tried the files posted here and the V1.12d from the official site and nothing works.

When using the files from the official site it gets stuck on a loading screen while the other files simply display a "menu?" message. On DSi it always displays the following error: "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I tried formatting with SDFormatter and Windows 10 FAT32 on 1 and 2 GB microSD cards but nothing seems to work. Best I got so far is the loading screen when using the V1.12d files from the site mentioned above. Is there something I'm missing? Sorry in advance for my ignore and thank you for any help.

EDIT:

I'm unable to mention the site and post pictures of the cart.

Last edited by DaiSukiDesu,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi. My siblings used a R4i Upgrade Revolution more than 5 years ago on a DSi. I came across the cart recently and tried it, but can't get it working anymore. I've tried the files posted here and the V1.12d from the official site and nothing works.

When using the files from the official site it gets stuck on a loading screen while the other files simply display a "menu?" message. On DSi it always displays the following error: "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I tried formatting with SDFormatter and Windows 10 FAT32 on 1 and 2 GB microSD cards but nothing seems to work. Best I got so far is the loading screen when using the V1.12d files from the site mentioned above. Is there something I'm missing? Sorry in advance for my ignore and thank you for any help.

EDIT:

I'm unable to mention the site and post pictures of the cart.
try to set the date of your DS(i) back a few years, depending on R4 clone model there could be just a timebomb in the software.
for more help i either need a hardware number (wich needs special hw to be seen, could be done on a CFW 3ds though).
there should be either on a sticker or when opening the shel of the cart on the PCB a website.
this would help telling what's the best fw and kernel for your cart.

DaiSukiDesu

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Setting the date to 2000 didn't change anything on both DSL and DSi unfortunately. On the back above the pins it says "R4i - SDHC 3" and the PCB is red, there is also a shiny sticker with the text "TRUTH INQUIRY, OPEN, Please Access the Official WebSite".

I'll look into how to take it apart if it's necessary. The site is R4I-SDHC dot COM and is where I got the V1.12d files that show a sign of actually doing something. "R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS)" is the text on the front with at the end the site mentioned above. You can find pictures of the cart on the site on the download page, near the middle.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone
Sorry but life has gotten in the way the last few months...
The front page has been updated and v7.06 is now available :).

For those of you who are/want to play the new Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG] translation, please download my altered patch (links on front page) and apply to a clean/new dump.

If anyone would like to send a donation for my work, so I can cover my costs for buying the 2018 R4ISDHC and R4i-SDHC carts, please PM me (just $1 or $2)...This is there first time I have asked for any donations in 8 years.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year/2019! :)

fazan_s_placa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@ Everyone
Sorry but life has gotten in the way the last few months...
The front page has been updated and v7.06 is now available :).

For those of you who are/want to play the new Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG] translation, please download my altered patch (links on front page) and apply to a clean/new dump.

If anyone would like to send a donation for my work, so I can cover my costs for buying the 2018 R4ISDHC and R4i-SDHC carts, please PM me (just $1 or $2)...This is there first time I have asked for any donations in 8 years.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year/2019! :)

Woop! It's really Christmas!

Last edited by fazan_s_placa,

concaccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I bought a flashcard R4 SDHC Dual Core on r4wood dot com
In root sd card only have _rpg folder and _ds_menu.dat

r4-2018__74402_zoom.jpg

When I use R4-Clone folder it can boot ys menu but can't boot game error unsupported DLDI

Last edited by concaccc,

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country

r4-2018__74402_zoom.jpg

When I use R4-Clone folder it can boot ys menu but can't boot game error unsupported DLDI

That is why he is requesting for a small donation so he can buy r4sdhc cart so he can fix the error..

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

r4-2018__74402_zoom.jpg

Dude that thing runs Wood R4, switching to YSmenu is pointless for that thing lol. If it’s running a time bomb kernel then that’s a different story.

www.r4isdhc.com models run the time bomb kernel. www.r4isdhc.hk models run Wood R4 and doesn’t require YSmenu.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's an ace3ds+ clone. they all run hacked wood. ysmenu is not needed. it should be usable as a ntr boot with a reflash.

Yerkz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Inazuma Eleven 2 - Blizzard European Version is not working anymore on R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2016 (www.r4isdhc.com). It was working on 7.05 and on the original kernel. The game just freezes after some seconds playing (does not matter if it's a new game or loaded from my save file)

Last edited by Yerkz,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then why don't r4i-sdhc.com firmwares work on r4isdhc? Or have they fixed that?
The r4i-sdhc firmwares work perfectly fine on the r4isdhc card and vice versa, I have crossflashed the firmware on both cards in the past.

But I guess you're not actually asking about the firmware, but the kernel (I.e. The files on the SD card)

And the reason is the firmware (I.e. The firmware flashed onto the flashcard itself). They modified the firmware to simply look for their kernels only. The kernels are pretty much the same, but each company only wants "their" kernel to run on it.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then why don't r4i-sdhc.com firmwares work on r4isdhc? Or have they fixed that?
The r4i-sdhc firmwares work perfectly fine on the r4isdhc card and vice versa, I have crossflashed the firmware on both cards in the past.

But I guess you're not actually asking about the firmware, but the kernel (I.e. The files on the SD card)

And the reason is the firmware (I.e. The firmware flashed onto the flashcard itself). They modified the firmware to simply look for their kernels only. The kernels are pretty much the same, but each company only wants "their" kernel to run on it.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

WalaROcks18

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Soft reset doesn't work for me on Pokémon Black 2, i don't know if it happens to me only as i'm using the spanish version of it, do you guys know how to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol