Rumor: Monster Hunter coming to Playstation Vita

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I believe a MH is coming for Vita, just not too soon. So I'll call this crap (for now).

To me, MH4 IMO seems quite unlikely. I think 4 will be on something like the Wii U instead of the PSV. To me it's probably Portable 4th or something, but of course that could change.

Anyway, one crap 3DS news and this from Nikkei Trendy? Sounds weird. I won't count on it. I would just say it was just their speculation.

EDIT: I love 'anyway'

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter wasn't popular until after Freedom 2, with Monster Hunter G being a port of a PS2 game on the Wii. There wasn't a reason to make a game multiplatform since it wasn't popular to begin with. It's not the first time a franchises userbase has been split.

The same could be said for other franchises, like Kingdom Hearts which started out as a Sony exclusive franchise, but branched out as it got more and more popular. Capcom are too money hungry to keep something like Monster Hunter platform exclusive.
Kingdom Hearts doesn't have an ad hoc userbase. It does no one any harm to publish games on different consoles. Actually Capcom would make more money keeping the Monster Hunter userbase on one platform than they would splitting it on the Vita and 3DS.
Again, the userbase is already split up since Monster Hunter started on the PSP and then they released Tri. All it does is get them a wider audience and sales wise, it doesn't hurt Capcom either. And that's all they will care about. Especially since some "exclusives" do not sell as well as others.

D

Deleted_171835

Monster Hunter wasn't popular until after Freedom 2, with Monster Hunter G being a port of a PS2 game on the Wii. There wasn't a reason to make a game multiplatform since it wasn't popular to begin with. It's not the first time a franchises userbase has been split.

The same could be said for other franchises, like Kingdom Hearts which started out as a Sony exclusive franchise, but branched out as it got more and more popular. Capcom are too money hungry to keep something like Monster Hunter platform exclusive.
Kingdom Hearts doesn't have an ad hoc userbase. It does no one any harm to publish games on different consoles. Actually Capcom would make more money keeping the Monster Hunter userbase on one platform than they would splitting it on the Vita and 3DS.
Again, the userbase is already split up since Monster Hunter started on the PSP and then they released Tri. All it does is get them a wider audience and sales wise, it doesn't hurt Capcom either. And that's all they will care about. Especially since some "exclusives" do not sell as well as others.
Handhelds ≠ Console. The userbase was not split releasing it on the PSP and Wii. If the userbase sticks with one platform (3DS) and Capcom releases a enhanced MH4 port to the Vita, do you really think that sales will be great for both considering the fact that ad hoc won't work between the two?

Nobody says there won't be a Monster Hunter Vita that would be unrelated to Tri G or 4 story-wise. Tri and 3rd were released almost simultainously on two competing systems and nobody seemed to mind.
Well it was only a PSP remaster. Not exactly an entirely new game. Although I suppose the possibility of a completely new Monster Hunter game on the Vita (unrelated to 4) isn't completely out of the realm.

D

Deleted_171835

Handhelds ≠ Console
...really? They are so consoles. The fact that they're portable doesn't really change their general purpose. They're handheld gaming systems - consoles for people on the go.
Well I meant that portable gaming systems (3DS, PSP) aren't the same as standalone consoles (Wii, 360). Releasing different MH games on both don't do any harm.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Handhelds ≠ Console
...really? They are so consoles. The fact that they're portable doesn't really change their general purpose. They're handheld gaming systems - consoles for people on the go.
Well I meant that portable gaming systems (3DS, PSP) aren't the same as standalone consoles (Wii, 360). Releasing different MH games on both don't do any harm.
Not unless they're released for consoles of two long-time competitors. You more than anyone should know that the Nintendo and Sony fanboys are at eachother's throats 24/7.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Excuse me, since when are Monster Hunter games exclusive to any platform? The games were released on the PS2, PSP, Wii, XB360, PC, iPhone and now we're about to get a 3DS release - that sounds like a pretty damn wide selection of consoles.

There is no such thing as an MH fanbase dedicated to a console. There's an MH fanbase dedicated to MH. If they released MH for microwaves, I assure you that the fanbase would happily stick their heads into theirs and turn the knob to full power.
Monster Hunter is typically on one console or portable over the course of a console generation.

PS2
Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter G
Monster Hunter 2

Wii
Monster Hunter G
Monster Hunter 3

PSP
Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

And now, 3DS
Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4

Over the course of those system's lifespan, there has not been a single Monster Hunter game released on a competing platform excluding the Japanese/Korean only Monster Hunter Frontier MMORPG. Like I already said, Monster Hunter sticks with one platform over the course of the generation to not split the userbase.
Not mentioning Monster Hunter 3rd on PS3 is a epic failure on your PART!

D

Deleted_171835

Excuse me, since when are Monster Hunter games exclusive to any platform? The games were released on the PS2, PSP, Wii, XB360, PC, iPhone and now we're about to get a 3DS release - that sounds like a pretty damn wide selection of consoles.

There is no such thing as an MH fanbase dedicated to a console. There's an MH fanbase dedicated to MH. If they released MH for microwaves, I assure you that the fanbase would happily stick their heads into theirs and turn the knob to full power.
Monster Hunter is typically on one console or portable over the course of a console generation.

PS2
Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter G
Monster Hunter 2

Wii
Monster Hunter G
Monster Hunter 3

PSP
Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

And now, 3DS
Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4

Over the course of those system's lifespan, there has not been a single Monster Hunter game released on a competing platform excluding the Japanese/Korean only Monster Hunter Frontier MMORPG. Like I already said, Monster Hunter sticks with one platform over the course of the generation to not split the userbase.
Not mentioning Monster Hunter 3rd on PS3 is a epic failure on your PART!
I am such an EPIC FAILURE. Kill me now.

Handhelds ≠ Console
Not unless they're released for consoles of two long-time competitors. You more than anyone should know that the Nintendo and Sony fanboys are at eachother's throats 24/7.
Not really. If they want a portable Monster Hunter experience, they'll play the many PSP games and if they want to play at home on a console, they'll play Tri on the Wii. The two don't clash with each other.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Myeh. I suppose it's best to "agree to disagree". The way I see it - more platforms is more profit for Capcom. The only reasons those games weren't released on the DS was hardware limitations.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe a new or port of the 3ds version will happen for the vita regardless of this rumor.

Side note: I didn't believe the power gap between the psv and 3ds is that far apart.
It is only so much you can put on the screen and you don't want the psv to overheat.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I believe a new or port of the 3ds version will happen for the vita regardless of this rumor.

Side note: I didn't believe the power gap between the psv and 3ds is that far apart.
It is only so much you can put on the screen and you don't want the psv to overheat.
The two processors used are vastly different, the CPU won't overheat because of too many calculations, it heats up depending on the architecture used and the ammount of energy it uses during prolonged use. The 3DS has a twin-core ARM architecture CPU (custom, so we can only speculate about the specs), the Vita has a quad-core ARM Cortex A9 CPU (known to be kick-ass), the 3DS has a very simple GPU, the Vita has an elaborate quad-core GPU (SGX543MP4+), The 3DS has 128 MB RAM, the Vita sports 512. The 3DS has performance comparable to a buffed-up Gamecube, the Vita has the performance of a toned-down (significantly) PS3. Sorry, but as far as fireworks are concerned, the Vita is the powerhouse and the 3DS is the runner-up.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get why we dont have portable 3rd yet... It cant be much work to just translate text and put them on shleves here...it basically prints money, yet they refuse to give anyone outside of japan a damn shot at buying it. They have been recycling lots of the gear/weapons/ monsters and that same graphics engine forever...so making the game cant be much either.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i dont get why we dont have portable 3rd yet... It cant be much work to just translate text and put them on shleves here...it basically prints money, yet they refuse to give anyone outside of japan a damn shot at buying it. They have been recycling lots of the gear/weapons/ monsters and that same graphics engine forever...so making the game cant be much either.
Nothing stops you from grabbing a translation patch and just playing the game already.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Was there ever a doubt MH wouldn't be released for PSvita?

The two processors used are vastly different, the CPU won't overheat because of too many calculations, it heats up depending on the architecture used and the ammount of energy it uses during prolonged use. The 3DS has a twin-core ARM architecture CPU (custom, so we can only speculate about the specs), the Vita has a quad-core ARM Cortex A9 CPU (known to be kick-ass), the 3DS has a very simple GPU, the Vita has an elaborate quad-core GPU (SGX543MP4+), The 3DS has 128 MB RAM, the Vita sports 512. The 3DS has performance comparable to a buffed-up Gamecube, the Vita has the performance of a toned-down (significantly) PS3. Sorry, but as far as fireworks are concerned, the Vita is the powerhouse and the 3DS is the runner-up.

More than anything 3DS has a simple CPU, it's GPU isn't all that bad if Nintendo's gone for the more superior version, we don't know the real performance and the year of the model.

2008 model of the PICA200 can push out 40 million polygons at 100Mhz

2006 model of the PICA200 only pushes 15 million polygons at 200Mhz

We just don't know the year of the model and the Mhz nintendo has chosen, here's hoping for the 2008 model. I believe there is a 2010 model as well, but i think it was a tad too late for Nintendo to even think about it.

Vita is mind-blowing regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean an archive if a person wants to buy an older Xbox for the exploit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think there is a way to archive older update files or no one's cared to so if patched already screwed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still not sure how it works, but yea MS offers newest updates only, you can't find old
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found a internet archive that's up to 2021 that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or if you are on on old fw, it won't let you online till u update to newest
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm still not getting that hyped over it I can play my pc game that I torrented with a torrent for Xbox that's the same game woo
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea @SylverReZ the Durango dumps have all I've heard of till now that was significant
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If they enable stealth online like the good old jtag days that'll be different
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    #BringBackGodModeOnline
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #makekensmomwashdatass
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    #MakeDaTempGreatAgain
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm sorry, i feel bad now.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yo momma is just fine as she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really don't
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't we just go back to waking each other's dicks again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No! We said we' d never mention that agai...no I mean what are you talking about, thats ridiculous
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can hug and make up which part of your body would you like kissed sir
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just wanna spoon and...no I'm not falling for your tricks anymore, I've moved on.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes I know about your deep love you have for @SylverReZ but I was your first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could've been polly thinking about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not your baby, no matter how much you what it to be, we were separated at that time.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We sound like Mexican soap operas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I miss polly, he took alot shit but was fun messing with him
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I miss polly, he took alot shit but was fun messing with him