"Safer" Way to Deal With an Error 105-3687

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I had a question/issue I want to bring up.

I have installed multiple wii u games using wup installer gx2 and I get the error code 105-3687 when trying to download these games from the eshop. I know why I get this error, it's because of the fake license key of that certain game still being above the official license key of the game and therefore it causes an error, even if you try to uninstall and reinstall the game through the eshop.

However lets say I wanted to get rid of the fake license keys for the games I installed using wup installer gx2 because I'm looking to sell the wii u without any problems or just not have to bother with cfw when playing these games, or something like that.

What I have seen on gbatemp or Youtube on how to do that is using something like ftpiieverywhere or a similar app that goes into the nand of the wii u to manually delete the ticket, but it's made clear in most of these online tutorials that you can easily brick your wii u if you delete the wrong thing and you don't really know what you're doing.

I am really not an expert or know what I'm really doing with this kind of thing, so my question is if there's any "safer" way of deleting these fake tickets without basically killing my wii u. The tutorials I've seen on gbatemp, in my opinion, aren't too specific or aren't detailed enough I fear, so I think I could very easily screw up something and brick or harm my wii u.

I don't know if there is another way of successfully doing this as the ftpiieverywhere method seems to be the only method that works from what I've seen on gbatemp forums, but does anyone have another method of deleting fake title keys that's "safer."

I would really appreciate it if someone did have an alternate way that might be safer so I can avoid potentially bricking my wii u.

Thank you.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Format your console back to factory settings.

Are you planning on selling your console? If not, leave them alone. Thier not doing any harm unless you wanna play a retail version of a game you already pirated for some reason!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format your console back to factory settings.

Are you planning on selling your console? If not, leave them alone. Thier not doing any harm unless you wanna play a retail version of a game you already pirated for some reason!
could be wrong, but afaik, that won't remove the fake tickets. there's a script based on my tutorial that will do it, but I'm not sure how it works. I don't know what might happen if you were to delete all tickets. system tickets for system apps are not located in the same place.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
could be wrong, but afaik, that won't remove the fake tickets. there's a script based on my tutorial that will do it, but I'm not sure how it works. I don't know what might happen if you were to delete all tickets. system tickets for system apps are not located in the same place.
Ah. Did not know that. And strange they are partitioned off. Defeats the purpose of a factory reset!

Oh well then, my second point still stands. I can't fathom why people have the need to remove them or any instance other than the above that they could cause a problem. Although the above is a problem!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Did not know that. And strange they are partitioned off. Defeats the purpose of a factory reset!

Oh well then, my second point still stands. I can't fathom why people have the need to remove them or any instance other than the above that they could cause a problem. Although the above is a problem!
well, I don't know for sure that that happens, but someone told me it was true, which is why you had to delete fake tickets manually. I guess I don't know.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea factory resetting doesnt get rid of the fake tickets, and lets says i was planning to sell it, to avoid any potential problems of someone trying to download a game from the eshop that I also downloaded from wup installer and it causes an error, I was wondering if there were a way to get rid of these fake tickets without potentially bricking the wii u by manually going into the nand with ftpiieverywhere. It looks like however thats the only way, and if so I dont think its worth it as I can easily delete the wrong file I feel like and screw up everything.
Post automatically merged:

Yea factory resetting doesnt get rid of the fake tickets, and lets says i was planning to sell it, to avoid any potential problems of someone trying to download a game from the eshop that I also downloaded from wup installer and it causes an error, I was wondering if there were a way to get rid of these fake tickets without potentially bricking the wii u by manually going into the nand with ftpiieverywhere. It looks like however thats the only way, and if so I dont think its worth it as I can easily delete the wrong file I feel like and screw up everything.
But again if there is another safer method that someone knows about Im all ears.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how dangerous it is just to mass delete. Like I said, I'm pretty sure system apps tickets are not in the same location. Selectively deleting I don't know if that's possible.

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how dangerous it is just to mass delete. Like I said, I'm pretty sure system apps tickets are not in the same location. Selectively deleting I don't know if that's possible.
If I were to go to storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps in ftpiieverywhere, as long I'm at this folder, am I pretty much safe from doing any harm to the system. I guess I'm just really confused on how dangerous using a program like this is, like where is like a "dangerous" area or folder that I shouldn't touch. There's also the thing about a game having multiple tickets, as let's say I wanted to delete a fake ticket for Cloudberry Kingdom, which I have both a legal and fake ticket for. If I accidentally deleted the legit ticket along with the fake one would I have to repurchase the game? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to know the exact risks of using ftpiieverywhere and where I shouldn't go or what I shouldn't do.

Also I appreciate the replies, thank you.

If it is risky to manually delete the tickets I might just leave it alone and keep using cfw to play the games.

Last edited by MlgGuy650,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to go to storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps in ftpiieverywhere, as long I'm at this folder, am I pretty much safe from doing any harm to the system. I guess I'm just really confused on how dangerous using a program like this is, like where is like a "dangerous" area or folder that I shouldn't touch. There's also the thing about a game having multiple tickets, as let's say I wanted to delete a fake ticket for Cloudberry Kingdom, which I have both a legal and fake ticket for. If I accidentally deleted the legit ticket along with the fake one would I have to repurchase the game? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to know the exact risks of using ftpiieverywhere and where I shouldn't go or what I shouldn't do.

Also I appreciate the replies, thank you.

If it is risky to manually delete the tickets I might just leave it alone and keep using cfw to play the games.
Oh, I thought you were selling the unit. You won't have to rebuy the game if you delete the real ticket.

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, selling the wii u was a hypothetical scenario as if I did do that I wouldn't want any issues with someone trying to downlaod a game that has a fake ticket on the system. So if I went into storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps would I be basically safe when deleting tickets here, as on consolemods.org, there's a disclaimer at the top that says "This tool lets you browse system partitions on the memory, and, if you get too curious, you could brick your Wii U. Don't mess with anything on the SLC or MLC (unless you have quite a good reason to), or else you will permanently brick your console." The Homebrew app also says "DO NOT TOUCH THIS TOOL IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. IF YOU MODIFY FILES ON sysNAND YOU MIGHT BE SCREWED!..." So that doesn't exactly give me confidence in doing this as I don't really know what I'm doing lol. Like I said if it's too much of a hassle I won't bother.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, selling the wii u was a hypothetical scenario as if I did do that I wouldn't want any issues with someone trying to downlaod a game that has a fake ticket on the system. So if I went into storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps would I be basically safe when deleting tickets here, as on consolemods.org, there's a disclaimer at the top that says "This tool lets you browse system partitions on the memory, and, if you get too curious, you could brick your Wii U. Don't mess with anything on the SLC or MLC (unless you have quite a good reason to), or else you will permanently brick your console." The Homebrew app also says "DO NOT TOUCH THIS TOOL IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. IF YOU MODIFY FILES ON sysNAND YOU MIGHT BE SCREWED!..." So that doesn't exactly give me confidence in doing this as I don't really know what I'm doing lol. Like I said if it's too much of a hassle I won't bother.
I'd just delete the ticket manually using the script in my thread. However, I've never tried it nor know how much the user still has to manually.

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just delete the ticket manually using the script in my thread. However, I've never tried it nor know how much the user still has to manually.
Ok, I'll think about it, thank you for the replies.

Ok, I'll think about it, thank you for the replies.
Those disclaimers/warnings make me think I shouldn't even risk it or bother but idk.

A factory reset would've been a much better alternative, too bad it doesn't work.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, that is weird. Although probably a fail safe for people bricking their consoles and sending to to the Ninjas.

My advice would be leave them till you have an actual reason to try remove them but it's your decision of course!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if it's one game, you could theoretically delete the .tik file, but it will affect other content. the title id is about midway down the ticket like here:

1676755785734.png

pretty easy to find. all will start with 00 05 for 8 bytes. you can then look on the title key site or wiiu brew to see what's in there. tik2sd is another way, perhaps easier, to find all the tickets in the ticket bucket. I think there can be up to 5 per bucket.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I had a question/issue I want to bring up.

I have installed multiple wii u games using wup installer gx2 and I get the error code 105-3687 when trying to download these games from the eshop. I know why I get this error, it's because of the fake license key of that certain game still being above the official license key of the game and therefore it causes an error, even if you try to uninstall and reinstall the game through the eshop.

However lets say I wanted to get rid of the fake license keys for the games I installed using wup installer gx2 because I'm looking to sell the wii u without any problems or just not have to bother with cfw when playing these games, or something like that.

What I have seen on gbatemp or Youtube on how to do that is using something like ftpiieverywhere or a similar app that goes into the nand of the wii u to manually delete the ticket, but it's made clear in most of these online tutorials that you can easily brick your wii u if you delete the wrong thing and you don't really know what you're doing.

I am really not an expert or know what I'm really doing with this kind of thing, so my question is if there's any "safer" way of deleting these fake tickets without basically killing my wii u. The tutorials I've seen on gbatemp, in my opinion, aren't too specific or aren't detailed enough I fear, so I think I could very easily screw up something and brick or harm my wii u.

I don't know if there is another way of successfully doing this as the ftpiieverywhere method seems to be the only method that works from what I've seen on gbatemp forums, but does anyone have another method of deleting fake title keys that's "safer."

I would really appreciate it if someone did have an alternate way that might be safer so I can avoid potentially bricking my wii u.

Thank you.
Not sure if it helps............. as i haven't used it personally but how about this?

https://github.com/V10lator/Ticket_Cleaner/releases/tag/v1.9

Reactions: godreborn

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly does this program do?
Well as the name says it is a tool to clean tickets:ha:......

It will just clean the files at storage_slc:/sys/rights/tickets/apps.

Cleaning means it checks if the title is installed. If not the ticket gets deleted. It also checks if there are multiple tickets for the same title and if so removes all but the first (except for DLC as this is the only valid case for a single title to have multiple tickets).

Alright so I got another error problem, this time its with the internet browser and getting an error code 112-1035, and any website fails to load and gives me this error message. Anyway around this?
The 112-1035 error means that the SSL/TLS handshake failed because the Wii U web browser is old and outdated and doesn't have the latest cipher suites, so it can't make secure connections because, obviously, websites are dropping support for older browsers with outdated cipher suites.

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that is weird. Although probably a fail safe for people bricking their consoles and sending to to the Ninjas.

My advice would be leave them till you have an actual reason to try remove them but it's your decision of course!
I think I'll take your advice, thanks for the replies

Well as the name says it is a tool to clean tickets:ha:......

It will just clean the files at storage_slc:/sys/rights/tickets/apps.

Cleaning means it checks if the title is installed. If not the ticket gets deleted. It also checks if there are multiple tickets for the same title and if so removes all but the first (except for DLC as this is the only valid case for a single title to have multiple tickets).

The 112-1035 error means that the SSL/TLS handshake failed because the Wii U web browser is old and outdated and doesn't have the latest cipher suites, so it can't make secure connections because, obviously, websites are dropping support for older browsers with outdated cipher suites.
Is there a way around this error to access the homebrew launcher from the internet or a way to open the homebrew launcher without the internet?

As for the ticket cleaner app, because I'm a complete noob when it comes to this kind of thing I would probably have no idea how to use that, so is there some sort a tutorial or forum for how to use this program.

Is there a way around this error to access the homebrew launcher from the internet or a way to open the homebrew launcher without the internet?

As for the ticket cleaner app, because I'm a complete noob when it comes to this kind of thing I would probably have no idea how to use that, so is there some sort a tutorial or forum for how to use this program.
However I'm more interested in my first point about accessing the homebrew launcher with this error and without the browser.

Last edited by MlgGuy650,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

However I'm more interested in my first point about accessing the homebrew launcher with this error and without the browser.
You can install indexiine. Do so through the main homebrew launcher page. Afaik, it won't be affected by new authentication.

MlgGuy650

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install indexiine. Do so through the main homebrew launcher page. Afaik, it won't be affected by new authentication.
Do you need to get to the homebrew launcher, is so then I can't cause of not being able to get anywhere on the wii u browser as I get an error 112-1035 with everything, so is there no way to access the homebrew app with this error?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0