Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you say everything is the same yet nothing is released.
It's already confirmed in another discussion thread by someone selling the rp2040 chip, same points on motherboard.

Unless the final version will be using some new voltage glitching method that does not require monitoring what the SoC is doing via clk/dat0/cmd pins or pulling the voltage on sp1/sp2 capacitors, it will use the same points.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just ordered a rp2040-zero for like 5$ (incl shipping), it's a cool device just to tinker with. Sadly I think I lack the soldering skills and equipment to do this mod on my (unhacked) lite. Though I might give it a try anyway, just to see if I can get it working...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just ordered a rp2040-zero for like 5$ (incl shipping), it's a cool device just to tinker with. Sadly I think I lack the soldering skills and equipment to do this mod on my (unhacked) lite. Though I might give it a try anyway, just to see if I can get it working...
Dont forget the ankor

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's already confirmed in another discussion thread by someone selling the rp2040 chip, same points on motherboard.

Unless the final version will be using some new voltage glitching method that does not require monitoring what the SoC is doing via clk/dat0/cmd pins or pulling the voltage on sp1/sp2 capacitors, it will use the same points.
A video is released, we can see where some of the wires are soldered to
I saw the video and I've seen images. I haven't seen a clean photo of the chip and it's installed points and until it releases publicly who can day but the devs

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
this is a task for a Tiny Soldering Guy

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got the chip already soldered in my oled switch, just waiting for someone to post the UF2 file so i can test if it works :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok