• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

School shooting @ Great Mills Md high school today

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no someone brought a gun, meh. Back in the day everyone carried a gun. It's just that bullying is getting worse and teachers aren't doing their job. There's only so many times you can inflect pain before the object is going to break. It's why we leave our jobs. We should consider the mental issues and how it got to this point. Sooner or later the shame of a school will leak out. And will make others think twice of having their kids go there if they'll end up mentally/ physically abused like the child.

Bullying isn't worse. Real discipline is illegal now. And defending yourself can get you criminal charges and sued. Pussification of America.

D

Deleted User

Oh no someone brought a gun, meh. Back in the day everyone carried a gun. It's just that bullying is getting worse and teachers aren't doing their job. There's only so many times you can inflect pain before the object is going to break. It's why we leave our jobs. We should consider the mental issues and how it got to this point. Sooner or later the shame of a school will leak out. And will make others think twice of having their kids go there if they'll end up mentally/ physically abused like the child.
And that I can agree with..... Here is a nugget of my life. I was constantly bullied at my school. I consider myself a pacifist, never starting a fight unless someone started it. I had reported the teachers that I was harassed for over 6 years. No teacher did a thing about it. So a combination of my life going into a downward spiral, and me just getting sick of being bullied. One day one of my harassers was picking on me in science class, with all her friends. And I finally snapped, right then and there I socked her in the face. Now here is where things go from, ok this school sucks, to being a fucking asshole. The principle, who should know about my reports said get this. that I never reported bullying, and that I'm was going to be suspended. I had never been suspended from school, until this point. Never reported bullying my fucking ass. I had reported, and reported, and reported, I had ask the teachers, over,and over, and over, AND FUCKING OVER about this issue, and for help, I remember the countless times I had gone to the councilor and my principal tells me, that I never reported bullying. Laughs manically I'm Not surprised people are just fucking there morals and just shooting people, if I was singled out like that for even longer. If I was in that school for any longer (which I'm not) I could have decided to bring a weapon out of pure rage. When you are instructed to talk to a brick wall, you feel like your going insane.
Is it wrong? Yes. However it could all be solved if the teachers did something about it. Oh but even better, the school is a "non bullying zone" Non bullying zone my goddamn ass

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mental health and gun laws are to blame... It's just the fact that we got idiots running the country.... more like people who don't want to piss off the NRA.

It's not mental health and gun laws.
It's people in general.
Early hominids should've never walked upright.

Reactions: Kioku
D

Deleted User

And every time I told the teacher(s) I would get the same old generic response. "I'll keep a eye out for it" And they never catch it. Pencils, erasers, turtle neck, stupid, retard, people treated me like I was idiot who needed to go to fucking pre first since the fact that I have a mental distorter. They mocked me, they would kick what ever I had to say. I was excluded. And the bullying reach a point that it hurt a friend relationship I had. I had to avoid talking to my friends since I didn't want them ridiculed like I was, since they will group any individual you talk to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not mental health and gun laws.
It's people in general.
Early hominids should've never walked upright.
Really? then does that mean Europe is just as violent? No, of course not. And I would pin mental health and bullying and gun laws as the problem. I disagree with removing guns entirely, however I can agree that it needs to be stronger. And the united states in regards to health care and other crap. It's a pile of shit. look above my post I shared a nugget of my life that kind of maybe will help paint the picture.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bullying isn't worse. Real discipline is illegal now. And defending yourself can get you criminal charges and sued. Pussification of America.
How about you explain to everyone the increasing of gang violence and rape. Even in the suburban town I grew up in I had suffered gangs violence being beaten with skateboards and being shot myself. If families aren't putting an end to it than the school needs to.
And that I can agree with..... Here is a nugget of my life. I was constantly bullied at my school. I consider myself a pacifist, never starting a fight unless someone started it.
I'm a pacifist myself, but if I seen someone being hurt I'd protect them. I think that yea teachers were really shit, turning a blind eye they would make me leave class 5 minutes early to not get in fights going to class. Instead of allowing me to join a different school they didn't want my grade values to change the value of their school they didn't want me to tell other schools how much I hated it. And because of it my grades droped from all A's to c/d's I was a total wreck when I hit high school. We can look at the schools as being greedy, but their affecting the future of our country for the worst.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that I can agree with..... Here is a nugget of my life. I was constantly bullied at my school. I consider myself a pacifist, never starting a fight unless someone started it. I had reported the teachers that I was harassed for over 6 years. No teacher did a thing about it. So a combination of my life going into a downward spiral, and me just getting sick of being bullied. One day one of my harassers was picking on me in science class, with all her friends. And I finally snapped, right then and there I socked her in the face. Now here is where things go from, ok this school sucks, to being a fucking asshole. The principle, who should know about my reports said get this. that I never reported bullying, and that I'm was going to be suspended. I had never been suspended from school, until this point. Never reported bullying my fucking ass. I had reported, and reported, and reported, I had ask the teachers, over,and over, and over, AND FUCKING OVER about this issue, and for help, I remember the countless times I had gone to the councilor and my principal tells me, that I never reported bullying. Laughs manically I'm Not surprised people are just fucking there morals and just shooting people, if I was singled out like that for even longer. If I was in that school for any longer (which I'm not) I could have decided to bring a weapon out of pure rage. When you are instructed to talk to a brick wall, you feel like your going insane.
Is it wrong? Yes. However it could all be solved if the teachers did something about it. Oh but even better, the school is a "non bullying zone" Non bullying zone my goddamn ass
It is wrong... i mean, it all depends on the person, but still... i would have never bring a weapon to a place, no matter how much i could have get bullied. I mean, im sick already, i cant defend myself nor hurt people, not even touch a damn insect, and deppression doesnt help at all, so i always put someone else life before my own, i could never think on hurting someone no matter how pissed or frustated i am.

I know it was a really hard time for you. I know how much it sucks when someone wont listen to you nor help you, not even a little. But you should have had to try keep yourself strong and seek for help somewhere else. What about your parents? Or insist directly with your principal, you have the athorities too. You are never alone, and let me tell you, thinking on bringing a gun for pure rage, even if you never did it, was and is still wrong.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Really? then does that mean Europe is just as violent? No, of course not. And I would pin mental health and bullying and gun laws as the problem. I disagree with removing guns entirely, however I can agree that it needs to be stronger. And the united states in regards to health care and other crap. It's a pile of shit. look above my post I shared a nugget of my life that kind of maybe will help paint the picture.

Historically, Europe is a lot more violent then the US.
Roman Empire, British Empire, Dutch traders, slave trading, Spanish sailors (although they weren't as bad as the Dutch traders) WW1 and WW2...

US pretty much only has the genocide on the Native Americans and if you want to add to it, the civil war.
Yes foreign wars can also be counted but then I'd have to revise the list that Europe did.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US pretty much only has the genocide on the Native Americans and if you want to add to it, the civil war.
Yes foreign wars can also be counted but then I'd have to revise the list that Europe did.

Native American genocide was more due to disease than conflict (people forget that) but if you want to get technical... That was also the Europeans, settling the US.

D

Deleted User

It is wrong... i mean, it all depends on the person, but still... i would have never bring a weapon to a place, no matter how much i could have get bullied. I mean, im sick already, i cant defend myself nor hurt people, not even touch a damn insect, and deppression doesnt help at all, so i always put someone else life before my own, i could never think on hurting someone no matter how pissed or frustated i am.

I know it was a really hard time for you. I know how much it sucks when someone wont listen to you nor help you, not even a little. But you should have had to try keep yourself strong and seek for help somewhere else. What about your parents? Or insist directly with your principal, you have the athorities too. You are never alone, and let me tell you, thinking on bringing a gun for pure rage, even if you never did it, was and is still wrong.
Nobody did help. I told my mother, I told my father. My mother did voice the problem. But I wasn't heard. And, stay strong? stay strong after being bullied for over 6 years. 6 years of school, being bullied. Do you have any idea what my own self esteem is like? Very fucking low. So godamn low, that I don't even think sucided is a option because it's as pointless as everything else. Being bullied, for years on end, you are not yourself. It wasn't a conscious choice for me to hit her. It was a primal one. I was so fucking pissed. To stay strong when over a 30 different people group up on you. It isn't just 1 person. It's a group job. each group having about 20 to 30 people. And they ganged up on more than just me. 2 other people they would gang up on. Do you understand how it feels to go insane. To constantly be talking to a brick wall, trying every single option, and doing every single option over and over until you reach the point you make a choice that you genuinely hate. After I hit her, I cried. I was upset, mad at myself, and mad at everything. I still suffer nightmares because of them. I still have nightmares of being in that school and seeing them. Bullying doesn't just hurt someone emotionally. It leaves a scare that doesn't and never feels like it's going to ever heal. I have panic attacks. Every now and then I feel like shit and this feeling is rooted into my fucking chest. I cry and stress out for no reason. Bullying has long lasting effects on the individual. I could be in a conversation with someone and I suddenly start crying and have no control over it even when I know I shouldn't be crying. It could be a subject completely unrelvent to school.

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Native American genocide was more due to disease than conflict (people forget that) but if you want to get technical... That was also the Europeans, settling the US.

Every Caucasian American is technically a European ;')

"I'm an American!"
No you're not, you're a decedent from a European settler, that man living on a "reservation", that's a real American.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, not like we forced them off of their land into reservations that TO THIS DAY don't have easy access to hospitals or stores due to the fact that the roads are shit, and we only recognized them as human beings with rights starting in 1924. Hell, type "trail of tears" into your Google search bar.

Don't try and pretend that Native American genocide was an "accident," it never was and the residual effects are still noticeable today

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, not like we forced them off of their land into reservations that TO THIS DAY don't have easy access to hospitals or stores due to the fact that the roads are shit, and we only recognized them as human beings with rights starting in 1924. Hell, type "trail of tears" into your Google search bar.

Don't try and pretend that Native American genocide was an "accident," it never was and the residual effects are still noticeable today

Way to twist my words. I applaud you.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
But a lot of the school shootings in the US happen due to the ease of availability of firearms.
It's a lot harder to get a hold of a pistol here.
The thing is, all these people (I do not dare claim that it is a political party because I do not want this to be a political discussion) keep thinking that making more laws for gun control will stop these people from murdering people. That is quite frankly the complete opposite. There is already hundreds of millions of guns in the US. It is not difficult to get a gun through illegal means. It sadly is extremely easy to get a gun that has had the SN filed off. The only thing that adding more gun laws does is hurt the innocent responsible gun owners. Criminals don't give a shit if they break a law. Someone that has the intent to kill someone will find a way, even if it isn't a gun that they use. Hell, some kid brought a FUCKING BOMB to school a few weeks back. And now some other person is setting up bombs in texas. And even more sad, someone can make a rather successful bomb even just out of fucking match-heads.

The flood gates with guns has already been opened a long time ago and it will be impossible to turn back.

The main issue in this country is we absolutely FAIL with mental health.

I have a buddy that sought mental health treatment for a rather long time and he kept getting turned away. They wouldn't do jack shit for him. And he is literally insane, thinking that all his friends and family were replaced by impostors and that the government was secretly implanting tracking chips into people. He is seriously bat-shit crazy, and he couldn't get help. Now he shot 2 cops and in court they FINALLY determined him to be insane and he will likely be locked up for the rest of his life.

Another thing that this country needs is "an eye for an eye" laws. If you torture people, then you will be tortured. If you rape someone..... get ready for Bubba. Countries that have punishments like that have a lot less crime. In MANY countries, if you get caught stealing then you will get the shit beaten out of you by a mob of people, your hand cut off, or your arms broken. And guess what, they have a lot less thieves over in those countries.

The majority of parents in this country don't give a damn about their kids or what their kids are doing. Children are not being properly raised because the parents are too concerned with watching bullshit drama TV, getting wasted, or slutting around.

If we want this country to change, then WE need to change. It isn't going to do it all on it's own. And making it more difficult for responsible people to defend themselves with guns just makes them moving targets.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Explain how I'm twisting. Your implication was that disease was the biggest factor in NA genocide which, while it was indeed a FACTOR, completely ignores all of the very much intentional slaughtering, brutalizing and stealing that our ancestors did

While I never said that Native Americans weren't slaughtered (that's where the twist comes in), 90% of the Native American population fell due to disease. That percentage is included in the "estimated slaughter of 2 million to 18 million Native American's" in the Native American Genocide figures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...