Hacking SciresM - Blue Screen Switch

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo can still make a mistake in a newer firmware that happen with the 3ds with features that are going to get added to the switch it could happen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Splatoon 2 was my bigger mistake
I think being able to play games is worth it over homebrew since yeah you can run any game you want on an android tablet any was.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the pessimism?

If you updated, you made a mistake.

If you updated past 3.0.0, you made an even bigger mistake.

Pretty obvious to me, no?

1.0.0 = A-OK
4.x.x = No dice

Anything past that, you're screwed. It's being realistic, not pessimistic, developers are only interested in older, easier-to-exploit firmware. Newer versions will patch more exploits and weaknesses, so yeah, okay. Maybe I am being pessimistic, but it's not something that I can easily change with the flip of a switch (ha).

How can you be so sure that newer system firmware will have exploits? Yes, people cracked the Switch's security but only in older firmware, it's a very vicious cat and mouse game this time around, and it seems like Nintendo's winning. Prove me wrong.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Pretty obvious to me, no?

1.0.0 = A-OK
4.x.x = No dice

Anything past that, you're screwed. It's being realistic, not pessimistic, developers are only interested in older, easier-to-exploit firmware. Newer versions will patch more exploits and weaknesses, so yeah, okay. Maybe I am being pessimistic, but it's not something that I can easily change with the flip of a switch (ha).

How can you be so sure that newer system firmware will have exploits? Yes, people cracked the Switch's security but only in older firmware, it's a very vicious cat and mouse game this time around, and it seems like Nintendo's winning. Prove me wrong.
No, "realistic" would tell you that it IS possible. Maybe not right now.. But really.. Why should it matter?

You also miss the fact they're dumping post 3.0.0 games now?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, "realistic" would tell you that it IS possible. Maybe not right now.. But really.. Why should it matter?

Maybe because I shouldn't have to buy a second bloody Switch just to get homebrew? Why does my pessimism bother you so much? There's so much we don't know, from hackers or Nintendo, so what's wrong with wanting 4.x.x to be exploitable some day? I'm just stating what I think, 1.0.0 has a lot of security exploits, 4.x.x does not, as Nintendo's wising up on making things more secure, I just don't see it happening, nothing more.

This is why I give up, this is why I'm being negative, because whatever light at the end of the tunnel someone sees, I sure as hell don't see it for people on newer firmware.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill