ScummVM-Wii with gamepad support - Tiramisu

jul16ares

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone succeeded to play ScummVM-Wii with the gamepad via forwarders (WiiVC) ? Or ScummVM-Wii don't use the libdrc library, and so it's not feasable ?

Last edited by jul16ares,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone succeeded to play ScummVM-Wii with the gamepad via forwarders (WiiVC) ? Or ScummVM-Wii don't use the libdrc library, and so it's not feasable ?
ScummVM source code would need to be modified to add libdrc :/ Once that's done making a forwarder with Gamepad support would be pretty easy.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that the ScummVM core in the Wii U build of Retroarch can use the gamepad and its touch screen, though it's tricky to set up, I remember trying to make that work and having issues, but others have got it to properly work.

jul16ares

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
touch screen, though it's tricky to set up, I remember trying to make that work and having issues, but others have got it to properly work.
Yeah touchscreen isn't handy for point and click, my fingers are too big for uses that way in real life.
But for dungeon crawlers like eob those controls have potential. But here I have a nice version with Amiga AGA and automap, with dpad remaped to directions 😍

Last edited by jul16ares,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah touchscreen isn't handy for point and click, my fingers are too big for uses that way in real life.
But for dungeon crawlers like eob those controls have potential. But here I have a nice version with Amiga AGA and automap, with dpad remaped to directions 😍
I mean you know your Wii U has a stylus, right? And the touch screen is completely optional. You can play with mouse and keyboard as I recall, or even just a standard controller if you're deranged.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true now, ScummVM has been worked on quite a bit recently so I'd suggest giving the Core a try again.
Yeah I was just messing with it the other day, it does indeed work great now these days, way easier to work with than it had been. I mean I am a person that always prefers a single dedicated emulator over Retroarch, but to cry that because it's a core in Retroarch that it somehow is unusable is just silly.

It's exactly what OP wants (though for the Wii U natively instead of the vWii, which only means it runs better and offers more play control options (like touch screen) than the vWii version will ever be able to offer). To demand an alternative to what is already available is gonna be a really tough request to find anyone that believes it would be a worthwhile investment of their time and modding skills.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: ploggy

jul16ares

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes sure the judjment was a bit harsh, and features was added, I played a bit with it, and principal complain is that overhaul performances is afaik are the same, but efforts deserves it.
Touchscreen are not my best controls
Thanks for devs and compilers

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes sure the judjment was a bit harsh, and features was added, I played a bit with it, and principal complain is that overhaul performances is afaik are the same, but efforts deserves it.
Touchscreen are not my best controls
Thanks for devs and compilers
Well it's a good thing that the touch controls are completely optional then, and not the only way you have to play in Retroarch on the Wii U.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I was just messing with it the other day, it does indeed work great now these days, way easier to work with than it had been. I mean I am a person that always prefers a single dedicated emulator over Retroarch, but to cry that because it's a core in Retroarch that it somehow is unusable is just silly.

It's exactly what OP wants (though for the Wii U natively instead of the vWii, which only means it runs better and offers more play control options (like touch screen) than the vWii version will ever be able to offer). To demand an alternative to what is already available is gonna be a really tough request to find anyone that believes it would be a worthwhile investment of their time and modding skills.
You should try again the latest update was Yesterday or the day before, Kings Quest 7 now runs :) a little slow due to lack of threading but with RA Aroma port it should be doable ;)
Love it or hate it Retroarch is a pillar of WiiU HB imo it's a big reason why I still use WiiU so much and it is getting better all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5...