Homebrew Seems Neimod made a little more progress.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I put my expectations higher - I will only be satisfied with Saturn, .... and (wishful thinking, the 3DS isn't nearly beefy enough to make it playable) the Dreamcast.

Well the Dreamcast is easier to emulate than the Saturn.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really , yeah the saturn has an odd architecture , but we still have a saturn emulator for the ps3 and we are no where close to dc on ps3, or even n64 for that matter

Reactions: 1 person

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if you want emulation, grab a PSP 2000 or earlier 3000 model.

The potential for homebrew on the 3DS is great, but it will be a long time before we see fluent emulation on it (for things later than, say, the NES)... whereas you can get a PSP today.
For mobile, if you want perfect emulation do it on your pc....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

The potential for homebrew on the 3DS is great, but it will be a long time before we see fluent emulation on it (for things later than, say, the NES)... whereas you can get a PSP today.
We're talking pocket game systems here.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The key word in your post is mobile sir. Much rather be playing that shiz on the go then in front of ma puter. Don't even care if its a lil choppy, its mobile.

UmbertoStarKille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Why people get last gen consoles to play games of 30 years ago?! you are writing on a pc, the pc can emulate the universe, use it! there are thousands of handled able to emulate everythimg, even the smartphones can do it! why everyone is dying because he can't play amiga or commodore games on a Nintendo 3DS?! I'm waiting for homebrews able to use the specs of the console, that i think makes the difference between alll the unlocked device

loco365

Trophies
XP
Why people get last gen consoles to play games of 30 years ago?! you are writing on a pc, the pc can emulate the universe, use it! there are thousands of handled able to emulate everythimg, even the smartphones can do it! why everyone is dying because he can't play amiga or commodore games on a Nintendo 3DS?! I'm waiting for homebrews able to use the specs of the console, that i think makes the difference between alll the unlocked device
Because we want these games TO GO. We're an on-the-go society, and I don't think anyone would be willing to lug around a TV and a NES, or a desktop computer in their spare time. And what about the people (like me) that don't have a phone or a laptop?

Reactions: 3 people

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The only reason id like to see 3ds hacked would be for snes gba emulators
Dont get me wrong tho..id never buy psp for that ;p Nintendo console with nintendo emulators ftw

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had me some toilet crash bandicoot 3 on my psp a while ago. Theres nothing more satisfying then taking childhood games anywhere you wanna play em, hence why i would love my 3ds to play psx and whatnot. Of course, if i get a new battery for my psp then that works too.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want GBA and SNES emulation on a nice, big screen, how about getting a machine that already does it perfectly fine, for example the PSP which nowadays sells for next to nothing?

I put my expectations higher - I will only be satisfied with Saturn, Nintendo 64, PSX and (wishful thinking, the 3DS isn't nearly beefy enough to make it playable) the Dreamcast. Give me that and perhaps some good old MAME and I'm sold, running to the nearest store to get a 3DS.
I do run the EMUs on my PSP 1001, but i like the form factor of the DS (Top Screen play) . I think it's due to all of my years playing gameboy. Another reason, is the SNES and GBA emus (i've discovered)tend to have problems running translation patches on the roms that install.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The only reason id like to see 3ds hacked would be for snes gba emulators
Dont get me wrong tho..id never buy psp for that ;p Nintendo console with nintendo emulators ftw
Get a used PSP. Any used 2K or 3K model will be able to be hacked (permanent install on any 2K or an older 3K).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least