• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wynsezhello

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whoever suggested to give sex ed to four-year-old kids is a pervert.

sex complicates things. why should we corrupt children at such an early age?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
wynsezhello said:
whoever suggested to give sex ed to four-year-old kids is a pervert.

Thing is, sex education shouldn't just be "Put part a in to part b, wiggle it about (see fig. 2)"

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you should speak to a kid as early as possible, four is fine... just as long as I'm not the one who has to have the awkward chat.
laugh.gif

But really, "wear a condom" should be ingrained into a child mind just like "stealing is bad." The earlier the better.

God, can you imagine the sesame street episodes this would spawn?

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm hoping that by "sex education" at age four, they actually mean something like "relationship education" where they teach people about friendship and being a good person. A simplified version of citizenship, really, then moving onto the more 'serious' stuff later on, at 11-12 as people have suggested.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted yes, only because I know that the public school system in the U.S. (I know this is not a U.S. article, just saying) a kid wouldn't even be in school at that age. Sex, body parts, relationship training, all are continuous. Obviously you wouldn't talk to a 6 year old about sex because they simply won't understand - their wiring isn't completed in that way yet. The idea though is to get them to understand how to treat people and themselves.

But you have to understand that very young people (7 year olds even) masturbate, so it's not like there isn't some issue there to discuss.

Dio: That third one is HILARIOUS!

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it's definitely wrong to discuss sex with 4yr old children, it's waaaay too early for them to have the idea of what sex is burned into their minds at such a young age. I first learned about sex when I was about 7 or 8 and even then I was grossed out about it (obviously that changes when you get older
biggrin.gif
).

Just let the kids, be kids.

P.s guy above, how do you know some 7yr olds masturbate?
blink.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ackers said:
I think it's definitely wrong to discuss sex with 4yr old children, it's waaaay too early for them to have the idea of what sex is burned into their minds at such a young age. I first learned about sex when I was about 7 or 8 and even then I was grossed out about it (obviously that changes when you get older
biggrin.gif
).

Just let the kids, be kids.

P.s guy above, how do you know some 7yr olds masturbate?
blink.gif

We were all 7 once dude.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, if I was four years old and I learnt about a vagina, i'd probably ask a girl in my glass to see theirs.

I started learning at 8/9 I believe. Year 4 in UK terms. I remember those days, we got told if we laughed we'd be sent out.

Half the class would have been outside if they stuck to those rules. Silly teachers.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
silent sniper said:
For those who actually agree to this statement, wathc this south park episode: http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/507/...Condom-Use.html

where they start teaching in FUCKING KINDERGARTEN!

I wasn't aware that South Park was a documentary.

At the moment there's pretty much zero sex education up to a certain age and then (depending on your country) *bam* at puberty they try and teach it all at once which means they primarily focus on mechanics and neglect a lot of other stuff because there simply isn't time. Seeing as the question is if it should begin at four, I'm presuming it's not going to be the same kind of stuff you're learning about at 15. So if the question is should we start teaching kids basic things about relationships and the responsibility that comes with them when they start school and work up to the mechanics, STDs etc as then get older then I'd vote yes (If the GBA temp voting system worked for me on this PC). If you want to simplify this into a scaremongering headline like "Plan to teach kids sex0rz at four" then feel free.

The fact people go into a fit of hysterics at stuff like this is the reason why countries with a rod up their ass about seeing a sideboob on TV have such huge levels of teenage pregnacy, abortion and STDs compared to countries like Sweden where there's a much more laid back attitude and it's not a case of keeping a kid in a box for 15 years then thrusting a book with a picture of a cock into their hand and running away.
Never thought about it like that. Dammit! I can't change my answer!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think what's happening here are people see two things:
Sex, Four-year-olds.

How retarded do you think you have to be to think that teaching adult sexual stuff to four year olds is a good idea? Kids that young literally won't understand what the hell you're talking about, but that's not what the article is talking about.

But I will say this; when I was 6 or 7 I didn't even know what the parts of the female anatomy were called - it was a taboo subject, so even asking what the names were or saying the names was a dirty thing. Why is that the case? I had to ask my female cousin what the heck it was really called because the only word I knew for it was "coochie". Is that healthy? To be referring to it as a coochie? Why not teach kids some basics about what their bodies are and how to related to others and teach them what is appropriate in school, at the dinner table, church, or in private. Just like you teach your kids not to yell out "I have to go poop!" in the middle of a church service you should teach them simple things about their bodies, what they mean, and appropriate situations to use those words and talk about those things.

Now can we stop thinking that this concept is about teaching 4 year olds how to have sex - because it's NOT!

Oh, one final thing: ask yourself why you think that knowing about sex is somehow taking away some magical innocence. The correct answer is not "because it is", by the way.

WelshLadGriff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I learned at 6; I really shouldn't of asked what those dogs were doing, Curse you Father..

But yeah, 4 is too young, maybe at lears 5 or 6 years later would be better for kids to come to terms why these 'things' happen. But i don't see how you can stop teen pregnancies with teens going about with 'SMEX IS THA BOMZ' to all of their friends =/

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WelshLadGriff said:
I learned at 6; I really shouldn't of asked what those dogs were doing, Curse you Father..
Lol that's how you learn early. See some dogs humping and go wtf are they doing? All I'm wondering now is about the censorship issue. Like there are kids who stay up late watching TV, will they censor them sex shows?

WelshLadGriff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkAura said:
Lol that's how you learn early. See some dogs humping and go wtf are they doing? All I'm wondering now is about the censorship issue. Like there are kids who stay up late watching TV, will they censor them sex shows?

Well, Kids shouldn't be up that late at all, and as far as i know there are some channels, should be barred with a password or something. Kids should just stick to Disney DVDs =3

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Actually I think at 11, instead of just sex ed, and teaching them the mechanics of sex, they should also tell them the emotional impact it makes, and it's better to buy a pack of condoms for £5.99 then having to pay hundreds each month on a screaming whining mouth for the next 18 years
laugh.gif
Oh, and show them THIS advert:

If you want to reduce teenage pregnancies, scare the fuck out of them.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not talking about actually teaching kids how to have sex at four. They're talking about teaching them the difference between male and female bodies, and de-mystifying things like that.

Most children do learn that at the age of four. This is not controversal, it's just being expressed controversally in the media.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!