Hacking Share your custom Hekate bootlogo thread

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I quickly made this one.
Just because Atmosphere and Earth-chan is a long love story...
"Atmosphère-chan"
180908084716835995.png

Last edited by Asia81,

Nastas95

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noob question here: None of the bmps shared here work for me, and the one i created does'nt work too. What am i doing wrong?

bootlogo.bmp created with gimp at 32bit ARGB and placed at /bootlogo.bmp, hekate set to autoboot cfw and still loading the default hekate bootlogo...

Edit: replacing bootlogo.bmp in /bootloader/bootlogo.bmp did the trick

Attachments

• bootlogo.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 613
Last edited by Nastas95,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

I seriously like the Splash screen you created, but if you still have the original workfile laying around and you don't mind me asking, I have a couple of additions I'd like you to do:

1. Put the Red Nintendo Switch Logo in the lower left corner and maybe make it a tad smaller, to make room for...

2. A vertical line, the same color as the blue parts of Latios Wings, in the lower part of the image.

3. Below it, on the left side of the screen, a text that says "Booting Hekate..." or "Booting ReiNX...". I'm basically asking for 2 different versions of the Bootlogo, but I won't ask for anything fancy regarding font or anything.

4. Also below the line, on the right side, the text "Hold Vol - for Options".

Basically I am asking you to implement what this image has: https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-your-custom-hekate-bootlogo-thread.513033/page-5#post-8199932

I hope this isn't asking too much, I'd think this would perfect the logo:)

Reactions: Nastas95

JustBrandonT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still can't figure out how even to get to a 32-bit bitmap. Isn't 24-bit officially the max officially and 32-bit just a sort of unofficial extension people came up with much later? So far everything I try downgrades to 24-bit when saving as bitmap anyway.

Just wrote a small command-line program for that. Tested on Windows and MacOS with Preview and Photoshop and Gimp (all programs can open it.. Explorer and Finder both show the thumbnails correctly even with Alpha channel too).

https://gist.github.com/Brandon-T/d38ab70ddddbe9becf14fbfda26b6739

9onViDY.png

Examples:

PHP:
./BitmapConversion --in="/users/.../Desktop/24.bmp" --out="/users/.../Desktop/32.bmp"
./BitmapConversion --bits=32 --alpha=false --in="/users/.../Desktop/24.bmp" --out="/users/.../Desktop/32.bmp"
./BitmapConversion --bits=32 --alpha=true --in="/users/.../Desktop/24.bmp" --out="/users/.../Desktop/32.bmp"
./BitmapConversion --bits=24 --alpha=false --in="/users/.../Desktop/32.bmp" --out="/users/.../Desktop/24.bmp"

Last edited by JustBrandonT,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting thread does anyone know can you change the splash screen with SXOS as well using the boot.dat file? I know the boot.dat file can be repacked with a py script I was wandering if it could be done. Please I don't want shit post replies about sx by the way.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo