Hacking ShofEL2 release by fail0verflow ‏

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you might fry something if you bridge 9 & 10 on the switch, the bent pins on the joycon should only touch pin 10 on the switch.
what if you don't bent them and just bridge then...

I'm not going to mess a single bit with the pins and instead go into the joy-con PCB and bridge the green with red dot like they shown in a pic... So it will still make switch 9+10 pins to be bridged, right?

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if you don't bent them and just bridge then...

I'm not going to mess a single bit with the pins and instead go into the joy-con PCB and bridge the green with red dot like they shown in a pic... So it will still make switch 9+10 pins to be bridged, right?
I haven't looked into the method with soldering inside the joycon so i'm not sure,
But only pin 10 on the switch needs to be triggered by something, if the soldering method somehow achieves that, yeah.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but they say you can also just short directly on the switch and I think its still pin 9+10 if I got it right.

The guy that posted a photo with the mac he shown the tool and that tool can only short 2 close points, he couldnt have ever have touched pin 7+10 with it either.

Last edited by guily6669,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Keep in mind you can bridge pin 10 to anything conductive(a screw on the rail, or maybe the rail itself)
Great advice since I'm just using a small screwdriver, so basically. I just need to touch pin10 with my screwdriver and make sure it also touches the rail. I won't have to aim for pin9 too anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShroomKing

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind you can bridge pin 10 to anything conductive(a screw on the rail, or maybe the rail itself)
that makes more sense, so the rail metal is ground?
I don't understand, it's 9+10, 1+10 or 7+10 ???
I think they all work, but its just easier to either use the rail to 10 or 9+10 which are one next to the other...

However for Fusee Gelee most are using 9+10 since its the easier pins to short, but for FailOverflow they just say 9 and 10 doesnt work so I have no idea...

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just need to touch pin10 with my screwdriver and make sure it also touches the rail.

Yeah, if the rail is conductive that would work. But i haven't tried using the rail for it. (i did say "maybe")
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that makes more sense, so the rail metal is ground?
I'm not sure, it might be.

EDIT: Just confirming for anyone else, using the rail metal works fine.

Last edited by ShroomKing,

xenofly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
However for Fusee Gelee most are using 9+10 since its the easier pins to short, but for FailOverflow they just say 9 and 10 doesnt work so I have no idea...
As i understand 9+10 works on joycon and not on the right part of switch. 7+10 for the right side. Can't confirm tho.

TheKrane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Has anybody successfully compiled the linux image?
I managed to compile everything else I need, but I get stuck on the linux image during compilation of the firmware module.

Code:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target '/lib/firmware/nvidia/tegra210/vic04_ucode.bin', needed by 'firmware/nvidia/tegra210/vic04_ucode.bin.gen.o'.  Stop.
Makefile:1048: recipe for target 'firmware' failed
make: *** [firmware] Error 2

I can't figure out what exactly is missing.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Has anybody successfully compiled the linux image?
I managed to compile everything else I need, but I get stuck on the linux image during compilation of the firmware module.

Code:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target '/lib/firmware/nvidia/tegra210/vic04_ucode.bin', needed by 'firmware/nvidia/tegra210/vic04_ucode.bin.gen.o'.  Stop.
Makefile:1048: recipe for target 'firmware' failed
make: *** [firmware] Error 2

I can't figure out what exactly is missing.
I uploaded everything, link in the last page (though I might be missing the dtb?)
You're missing the firmware for tegra, check if your distro have any linux firmware packages.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As i understand 9+10 works on joycon and not on the right part of switch. 7+10 for the right side. Can't confirm tho.
Just tried pin 9+10 from the console itself and RCM mode was activated. Or at least I think it did since my PC recognized the switch and started to install some drivers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: xenofly

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but I want to try Fusee Gelee one of those days when I'm not lazy to even make a new partition in my hdd to install Linux Ubuntu distro and I will want to use the following method:
Not my picture
I will just put a wire from RED to GREEN on the joy-con PCB then attach it into my Switch.

So If pins 9+10 are shorting on the joy-con, wont the pins 9+10 on the switch be shorting too the same for both...

Like I said I don't even want to touch any pin as I know how hard they are to make a new homemade pin and solder in place in case they get screwed and are also not a good thing to be doing a lot...

I already had enough with a phone sim card pins and a HDD IDE pins which was a god damn nightmare to fabricate a new one homemade and solder in place...

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, well... I don't usually comment on this sort of things, but seriously team oflow is just crap. Come on, we don't really have Linux, we have a kernel. Building a good rootfs for that could require quite some time I guess. So they still retain stuff, probably to keep some sort of domination. I don't see other need for keeping that from public.

I did port Debian and Ubuntu to the Xbox 360 in the past, so I'm not complaining just for complaining (with the help of tmbinc and c0z). When we did so we released ALL the needed stuff, including rootfs/livecd.

Can't understand how stupid/crappy/arrogant/egocentric thoses guys are this days.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Well, well... I don't usually comment on this sort of things, but seriously team oflow is just crap. Come on, we don't really have Linux, we have a kernel. Building a good rootfs for that could require quite some time I guess. So they still retain stuff, probably to keep some sort of domination. I don't see other need for keeping that from public.

I did port Debian and Ubuntu to the Xbox 360 in the past, so I'm not complaining just for complaining (with the help of tmbinc and c0z). When we did so we released ALL the needed stuff, including rootfs/livecd.

Can't understand how stupid/crappy/arrogant/egocentric thoses guys are this days.
It's literally just flashing an image.
Of all the things you could complain, like how there's practically no documentation, you complained that they don't bundle a huge image you could just download elsewhere?

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's literally just flashing an image.
Of all the things you could complain, like how there's practically no documentation, you complained that they don't bundle a huge image you could just download elsewhere?
Ho, you think it's just a matter of running a "stock" rootfs to make all work magically ? I guess there's a lot of tweaks needed here and there ... Well anyway, this is my last reply here.

Reactions: 0x64

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Let's see how this goes.
rcm_jig.jpg

Reactions: WiiuGold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat