Votes: 49 67.1%

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why would there need to be an app for a self-contained browser tab? You can already make those on your phone. I literally just made one on my phone to prove that point
35946EB7-74C5-47C9-BC7B-A73267E290FB.png

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could, but an app would be much faster and more users would be attracted
I am no expert but that really doesn't make much sense. Why would an app be faster and would anyone even notice the loading difference? Equally, is there even a demand for this?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's not a convincing reason to make an app, especially when the app would most likely just be running on top of Safari on iPhones.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I'm the poll maker, not the one with the opinion
What I am trying to address is that you need to try and actually want to convince someone to want to make a dedicated app for the site. Time and effort are needed for both in making an app and maintaining an app, why should someone want to do that over just recommending the user make a dedicated bookmark themselves?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
We already have notifications which work on mobile, what else could an app add?

Actually, this is the only reason I made an app a long time ago ([1] [2]), because back then we didn't have web notification support, and I still can't enable notifications on any of my browsers (no option to enable them on the webpage), despite all of my browsers supporting background notification fetch.

Edit: conclusion is, there should be an app, but for notifications only.

Last edited by Sono,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Actually, this is the only reason I made an app a long time ago ([1] [2]), because back then we didn't have web notification support, and I still can't enable notifications on any of my browsers (no option to enable them on the webpage), despite all of my browsers supporting background notification fetch.

Edit: conclusion is, there should be an app, but for notifications only.
I think you might have disallowed notifications at one point, maybe by accident, and that's why the prompt doesn't appear now. You can see if gbatemp.net is in the list in the notifications settings inside the browser, and delete it if it is, and then see if the prompt appears. Or you might have clicked "no" on the prompt on GBAtemp itself the first time you visit the website.
https://gbatemp.net/account/preferences Is this where you were looking for an option to enable? I've never had to go through there.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I think you might have disallowed notifications at one point, maybe by accident, and that's why the prompt doesn't appear now. You can see if gbatemp.net is in the list in the notifications settings inside the browser, and delete it if it is, and then see if the prompt appears. Or you might have clicked "no" on the prompt on GBAtemp itself the first time you visit the website.
https://gbatemp.net/account/preferences Is this where you were looking for an option to enable? I've never had to go through there.

There is absolutely nothing. It's not blocked, neither allowed, nor does it show up in the permissions list, so I couldn't allow it even if I wanted.

af1376ea1d.png

The text translates to: "you haven't given any special permissions to this website"

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is absolutely nothing. It's not blocked, neither allowed, nor does it show up in the permissions list, so I couldn't allow it even if I wanted.

af1376ea1d.png

The text translates to: "you haven't given any special permissions to this website"
Try clearing the cookies for gbatemp.net and logging back in.
Wasn't this about getting notifications on mobile though? Not PC?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Try clearing the cookies for gbatemp.net and logging back in.
Wasn't this about getting notifications on mobile though? Not PC?

I already tried multiple times, no amount of local storage deletion changes anything on PC.

On phone I get an "Error" button, which does absolutely nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...