Should we say RIP windows 7 now?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You are vastly incorrect. Also, $200 laptops can run 10. Sorry if that's the year's allowance. Pick up a paper route.

Well lah dee freaking dah.. You were still being condescending to him when his motherboard clearly didn't have driver support for his chipset, so that was unnecessarily rude. And for the record, there are better, more subtle ways of pointing it out without resorting to being smarmy :rolleyes: I have a job, thank you, it's too bad I don't give a rat's ass about Windows 10.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. how can you not have enough money for windows 10. Its free. just torrent an iso of windows 10 home. read the comments to see if its reported a bad torrent. you can download windows 10 iso's for free with Microsoft own tool. and for activation use the kspico activator. I have done this and i can confirm it works. i can give you a clean one if you need that i vigorously tested on real hardware.

Here is the tool from Microsoft. Just install then activate with Kspico. Don't spend money.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And remember you can use windows 7 as long as you want. I installed windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a intel core i9 for a client because he wanted it and it works great. Who cares if the support is gone. As for the using NVMe do you really need something that fast? that shit is expensive and if your worried about boot times just leave your computer on. I leave 3 computers on 24/7 My 2007 windows xp Sp2 core 2 quad from 2007 i built, a dell vostro 400 as my windows 2008 r2 server and a free nas box. My xp machine has been on 24/7 since 2007. i had a old Pentium 4 1.6 server from 2002 that was on 24/7 since 2005...
Toolkits like kspico (or more popularly, Microsoft Toolkit) only activate Windows 10 for 180 days and work by installing to the system and constantly resetting the 180-day counter. There are better ways to activate Windows 10 permanently.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think you're the one that's way more paranoid is you, given that you think updates are evil and don't fix exploits when they actually do. you're just trying to justify having a bad position, that is all ("we get malware anyway, so i'll just leave myself exposed to all the malware instead of updating to block most of it!")

if you really think Microsoft would do something like that, why even use Windows if you don't trust it?

oh well, keep on the conspiracy I guess.
you are misunderstanding i don't distrust microsoft and i don't doubt updates have benefits but i LIKE my computer the way it is, it's as simple as that.
i have literally no network traffic ever when my computer is not in use i don't think i have anything to worry about.
nothing has ever happened to my computer and in the unlikely event that it did it wouldn't be a big deal.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I won't really consider Windows 7 "dead" until Microsoft cuts all support for it, even then I'm willing to bet its going to end up being like Windows XP where people just refuse to stop using it, I mean the "power users" who build a brand new Kaby Lake/Coffee Lake/Ryzen/Threadripper will more than likely consider it dead due to lack of suport for those processors but if you're just the average user who doesn't care what its running on as long as the machine starts up when you hit the power button, I imagine those are the people who are going to be using it until the day it gets all support cut off and then some. (or the paranoid PC user who believes that the government is using Windows 10 to spy on them or however that whole telemetry fiasco went.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination