Hacking DEAD [Shutdown]DragonInjector - Game Cart Payload Injector (Trinket M0 Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
then why does it have metal contacts in the device is it to charge the rcm loader? I almost said dongle.... oops?

There were plans to have it originally charge the battery from the GC slot, however, due to several limitations, this idea was scrapped. The contacts on the DI were left there not only to be aesthetically pleasing but to also protect the game card slot from damage

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
metal in my opinion is a conductor so plastic or rubber would be better... for the switch. my eyes don't care if it shorts something out in my cartbay due to metal fins my heart would care tho… static can build up anywhere there is metal

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
metal in my opinion is a conductor so plastic or rubber would be better... for the switch. my eyes don't care if it shorts something out in my cartbay due to metal fins my heart would care tho… static can build up anywhere there is metal

Why are the GC contacts metal then? Anyways I disgress, if they werent there it could do damage to the slot and/or the DI itself. If you want to talk more then jump in the discord and ask Matinator directly :)

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm already there but mostly as an observer.... i'm not knocking the idea it was just a general observation. and I was leaning more towards the injector actualy loading from the card like an r4 but seeing that's not in the works then i'll stick to my rcm loader I already own.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm already there but mostly as an observer.... i'm not knocking the idea it was just a general observation. and I was leaning more towards the injector actualy loading from the card like an r4 but seeing that's not in the works then i'll stick to my rcm loader I already own.

Yeah that would require a miracle lol, anyways biggest issue with that is getting the GC slot to play nice which it currently doesnt. Who knows maybe in future

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe if the sx os xci loader could be reverse engineered it could very easily be done... but then again I ant a coder so I have no clout... lol thanks for hearing me out :)

Something something closed source nintendo code

If we could do it with open source code then it may open the way a little bit more but until such a time as someone makes an open source loader then I doubt it. Also wondering why SX didn't do a new gen r4 for the switch lol

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe if the sx os xci loader could be reverse engineered it could very easily be done... but then again I ant a coder so I have no clout... lol thanks for hearing me out :)
No. SX OS' XCI Loader runs under HOS. RCM mode is extremely limited (as it loads prior to HOS, otherwise what's the point?). This is why it has taken so long for NAND backups to be quick with RCM apps versus HOS apps (Hekate RCM vs ReiNX's NAND backup). Although Nyx has seemingly leveled that playing field.

In any case, their XCI Loader won't work in RCM, so no, that won't work. You'd have to rewrite the loader, and every function it calls from SX OS and HOS. All of that would somehow have to happen prior to you injecting anything, as you want to use the gamecart slot for injecting. If you tell me how that would be possible, then please continue your request. Otherwise...

Reactions: SaffronXL

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This just in from the live stream DI died, recovered after a short rest

3414 injections on a single battery :O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This just in from discord

upload_2019-7-14_17-27-44.png

Last edited by Adran_Marit,
Reactions: Mouser X

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I promised a video tonight, and here it is:

Sorry for the perpetually focusing camera and the tradesman hands. :P

One question about the RCM jig part...Judging from the video, the metallic part on the jig (the part that makes contact with the joycon rails) seems thicker to me than most other jigs I've seen out there on the market...Is that safe? I'm asking because I heard that the joycon rail contacts on the switch will stop working if you scrape them too much...Thx!

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice project. Congrats...
I would like to have one.
Some questions:

1- How much will it cost? + / -
2- How do we put the payload inside the device?
3- The GC contacts are just dummy metal plates. They don't connect to anything, right?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Very nice project. Congrats...
I would like to have one.
Some questions:

1- How much will it cost? + / -
2- How do we put the payload inside the device?
3- The GC contacts are just dummy metal plates. They don't connect to anything, right?

1- $25 USD
2- It will launch a payload from the sd card. Instructions will be provided. If needed to update the DI payload, then you connect to pc, and wave a magnet over it twice.
3- correct/

Reactions: lieder1987

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Final injection count: 3630 injections on a single CR1612. Not bad! With a shelf life of 5 to 10 years for a CR1612 and nothing to drain the battery (unless you count the filter cap which would take 360 years to fully drain the battery) the little DragonInjector should last most users a few years without needing to swap the battery.

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Final injection count: 3630 injections on a single CR1612. Not bad! With a shelf life of 5 to 10 years for a CR1612 and nothing to drain the battery (unless you count the filter cap which would take 360 years to fully drain the battery) the little DragonInjector should last most users a few years without needing to swap the battery.

Not that it matters at all, but I ended up swapping the filter cap for one that has twice the insulation resistance, so the "standby" time while the DI isn't plugged in to anything is now double the previous calculation, at 720 years. Huzzah!

CameronCataclysm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that it matters at all, but I ended up swapping the filter cap for one that has twice the insulation resistance, so the "standby" time while the DI isn't plugged in to anything is now double the previous calculation, at 720 years. Huzzah!
Congrats on all of the progress! I can't wait until it's released. Do you have any recommended ideas towards the keeping the exposed components safe from wear and tear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!