Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... Well I'll wait until the bricks are sorted out and then just update
We already know why people bricked, as it turned out derrek made a sloppy and confusing guide on sighax.com, people got confused, renamed something they shouldn't, installed the installer, etc., if you just update with THIS there shouldn't be any problems

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It can't be fixed except with new hardware (like the N2DSXL) and lets you dump arm9 & 11 bootrom, it's easier to install, and some other stuff
The New2DSXL might not have new hardware, the system isn't even out yet and people are already making assumptions that its gonna be a new hardware revision.
Maybe it'll, maybe it won't.

Reactions: nitroBW

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But... Why? What does this do better than a9lh, besides bricking apparently?
Custom sysmenu's.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So... Well I'll wait until the bricks are sorted out and then just update
Yeah the brick chance is really low, iirc lower than a9lh.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I understand the news topic correctly, saying that Luma will only be in sighax format from now on and basically we HAVE to go to sighax from a9lh to continue getting Luma updates?

I still use emuNAND based on YOUR tutorial from january 2016. it works like a charm. why should I risk a brick and invest time (even though only 15 minutes) when everything I need works already?
I do not care for higher FW/CFW and the few games that are coming out this year.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still use emuNAND based on YOUR tutorial from january 2016. it works like a charm. why should I risk a brick and invest time (even though only 15 minutes) when everything I need works already?
I do not care for higher FW/CFW and the few games that are coming out this year.
Well that's you but if you dont want faster boot times and custom sysmenu's thats you.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: hurrz

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the guide and went from a n3dsxl on 11.2 using a9lh to boot9strap. I want a fresh start to declutter my sd card (its a 64gb micro sd). Is there away to do this? I just mean as if a stock console had boot9strap and nothing else installed. Also this is a pretty redundant question but can I update to 11.4 safely? I do use bootntr and menuhax, but I wouldn't mind losing them, especially menuhax.

Last edited by Mythical,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed the guide and went from a n3dsxl on 11.2 using a9lh to boot9strap. I want a fresh start to declutter my sd card (its a 64gb micro sd). Is there away to do this? I just mean as if a stock console had boot9strap and nothing else installed. Also this is a pretty redundant question but can I update to 11.4 safely? I do use bootntr and menuhax, but I wouldn't mind losing them, especially menuhax.
By a stock console, you mean system format your console?
That will delete your games, themes, saves, menuhax, fbi, homebrew launcher cia... even it will unlink your NNID (you can relink it after though).
This will not remove "things outside the Nintendo 3DS" folder, so the extra files you don't need should be removed by hand.

EDIT: And yes, you can update to 11.4

Last edited by Arubaro,

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can remove everything (except its an application you want to continue to use) thats not in this pic:
final-file-layout.png

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By a stock console, you mean system format your console?
That will delete your games, themes, saves, menuhax, fbi, homebrew launcher cia... even it will unlink your NNID (you can relink it after though).
This will not remove "things outside the Nintendo 3DS" folder, so the extra files you don't need should be removed by hand.
system format will not remove the games, they are still on the sdcard, he just will have to reinstall the tickets

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D