Hacking Simple Action Replay to EZ Flash Omega .cht converter

G1Convoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help here I do not know what I am doing wrong I really need help with the Cheat Converter Site I try to use this Code to do Mid Are Jump for Super Mario World and It dose not work what I am i doing wrong
0A6425DD 0000E6A0
C4DC1F0F 1BDC2A03

NightTimeNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All! First time post here but just wanted to share with everyone a simple web app I put up for converting single-line, decrypted AR codes to the format needed for EZ-Flash Omega cheats. The EZ provided cheat library is pretty rough and I was looking for an easy way to convert AR codes found at https://gamehacking.org to the format needed for the omega .cht files.

The app doesn't do anything fancy like encrypting / decrypting to different formats, all it's doing is moving the values around on single-line ARMax codes so that they are easy to copy/paste into a .cht file. I'll keep adding to the app as well, a few features I'm working on now are:
  • Multi-line codes - not really sure how they are structured in the .cht files so I have to dig around some more
  • Exporting the inputted codes directly to a .cht file so the user can input codes, and then just get a complete file ready to go, rather than copy/paste
  • Creating a DB of tested and ready to go .cht files that could be used as a replacement for the provided .cht files from EZ-Flash
Hope you guys like it and please shoot me a message if something doesn't work or if you have any other ideas for improvements!

Happy cheating!

Conversion App URL - https://ar2cht.netlify.com
Whens the Website tutorial Coming its been 2 years?
im kinda sick of this, sorry not sorry, but im fuckin tired of this. Why is it so hard for somenoe to make a fucking video tutorial on this? But no its just idiots uploading footage of their gba showing they got custom cheats working.
and why the fuck are basic games like fire red leaf green not in english? when its a English cheat pack on ez flashs website? you would of thought pokemon would of gotten some priority BUT NO

Reactions: Defective1Up

SetGBA

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
After also searching the web and finding no other information that I could figure out, people speaking in riddles and posting videos that didn't help, I did manage to get this converter working. THANK YOU LARGEMOOSE421!

I have the EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition, I did the Official Firmware Update, then added the Official Cheats and Imgs from the EZ Flash website. Then I upgraded to the SimpleDE custom firmware that I found on these forums somewhere. However, I doubt you need that custom firmware in order to get these cheats working. Here is how I got it to work.

1) Figure out which game you have (can usually find this via the EZ Flash Menu, for example, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (USA) is the 1141.cht for me, and if you have the Official EZ Flash Cheats then it should be the same for you.

2) On your computer, plug in your Micro SD, and open the correct .cht file with Notepad. It should be located in the CHEAT > Eng > numbered folder (1000 for me).

3) Open the gamehacking.org page for GBA, find your game, and use the FILTER option on the page to set it to Action Replay MAX, so that ONLY those AR MAX codes will display, the Converter will only work with these that I'm aware of.

4) Find the code, and copy only ONE LINE at a time. Example, FFTA's code to give AP at the end of battle, the AR MAX code listed on that site is:

0221F514 00001188

5) Open OP's Converter: ar2cht.netlify (note, that if you are using Chrome, you can actually install an OFFLINE version of the app, it'll be at the end of your URL address bar, near where you can add a bookmark)

6) On the Converter page, add a Cheat Name if you want, then paste the first line of code into line 1. It should automatically give the conversion underneath. For FFTA, the converted code for AP is:

[Give AP]
ON=1F514,88,11

7) If you copy that into the proper spot in the 1141.cht file (in with the other codes) using Notepad, and save it to your Micro SD card. It will work. So feel free to use that code since I've done the work on it.

NOTE: I kept forgetting that when you are IN THE GAME, you need to press L+R+Start to bring up a hidden menu and turn CHEAT ON. This goes for all games.

8) If you have a multiple line code, you will see the blue ADD LINE TO CHEAT button on the Converter. Go back to the gamehacking.org page, copy the SECOND LINE of code, then paste it into the SECOND BOX on the Converter. You will need to do this for every single line, one at a time.

NOTE 2: I HAVE NOT DONE MULTIPLE LINE CODES YET, so I cannot say that they work. However, with having my one line of code converted and working perfectly, I am confident that Step #8 is the way the OP intended the tool to be used.
I hope this helps the next person who finds the built in cheat codes lacking x.x

I did also send an email to EZ Flash earlier to ask how to convert all the Codebreaker, GShark and ARMax codes, juuusstt in case they decide to tell someone. If they do, I'll post about it here. Not expecting anything though since I doubt I'm the first to ask.

I CANNOT POST IMAGES OR LINKS DUE TO NEW ACCOUNT

Edit: OP, if you found this helpful, feel free to use this or a modified version of this for the tutorial page. I just want to help people out.

Last edited by SetGBA,

soulunison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone able to add more than three digits into the converter? Manually typing text into the converter won't let you add more than three characters and pasting doesn't work either.

masonchops4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright this has taken me all day and still can’t find out what’s going wrong. I’m trying to play pokemon gaia with cheats (firered rom hack) as I’m sure you all know, the firered cheats are chinese. I’ve been going through every process, first I tried making my own cheat file and adding the codes in once converted, (along with the mastercode and dma code) everything looks great until I try to use them in the game and nothing happens.
I’m trying to get items, rare candie, masterballs, etc. Yet nothing comes up in my pc
Post automatically merged:

I’ve also tried just converting one simple code (rare candies for example) and then pasting it in with the original chinese cheats just to see if it’ll work then and no luck

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope there could be an offline converter because it doesn't work for me more than 60% of the time and I'm lucky when it does work and I can convert a few codes.
Could someone convert this for me for Pokemon fire red 1636.cht

1st Pokemon max stats
420242DA03E7

Last edited by qaz015393,

MonkeMan101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope there could be an offline converter because it doesn't work for me more than 60% of the time and I'm lucky when it does work and I can convert a few codes.

1st Pokemon max stats
420242DA03E7
How do you even get other cheats to work?

1st Pokemon max stats
420242DA03E7
How do you even get other cheats to work?

Alright this has taken me all day and still can’t find out what’s going wrong. I’m trying to play pokemon gaia with cheats (firered rom hack) as I’m sure you all know, the firered cheats are chinese. I’ve been going through every process, first I tried making my own cheat file and adding the codes in once converted, (along with the mastercode and dma code) everything looks great until I try to use them in the game and nothing happens.
I’m trying to get items, rare candie, masterballs, etc. Yet nothing comes up in my pc

I’ve also tried just converting one simple code (rare candies for example) and then pasting it in with the original chinese cheats just to see if it’ll work then and no luck
Just use PKHEX at that point.

Daca619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey is the site working properly? I can't enter more than 3 digits in the converter and I'm kinda stuck :mellow:

1.JPG

Reactions: Readmit

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All! First time post here but just wanted to share with everyone a simple web app I put up for converting single-line, decrypted AR codes to the format needed for EZ-Flash Omega cheats. The EZ provided cheat library is pretty rough and I was looking for an easy way to convert AR codes found at https://gamehacking.org to the format needed for the omega .cht files.

The app doesn't do anything fancy like encrypting / decrypting to different formats, all it's doing is moving the values around on single-line ARMax codes so that they are easy to copy/paste into a .cht file. I'll keep adding to the app as well, a few features I'm working on now are:
  • Multi-line codes - not really sure how they are structured in the .cht files so I have to dig around some more
  • Exporting the inputted codes directly to a .cht file so the user can input codes, and then just get a complete file ready to go, rather than copy/paste
  • Creating a DB of tested and ready to go .cht files that could be used as a replacement for the provided .cht files from EZ-Flash
Hope you guys like it and please shoot me a message if something doesn't work or if you have any other ideas for improvements!

Happy cheating!

Conversion App URL - https://ar2cht.netlify.com
Your converter tool is giving me serious issues. It won't let me copy and paste lines of code.

Hey is the site working properly? I can't enter more than 3 digits in the converter and I'm kinda stuck :mellow:

View attachment 385174
Me too, same issue.

Reactions: Daca619

krogent1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the issue where you can only type three characters in the cheat code area as well. It was working for a few codes then it broke. Doesn't work in other browsers, doesn't work with a cleared cache, doesn't work with other browsers through a VPN. Doesn't work through the Chrome downloaded offline version. Is this app dead? Can anyone provide any information on alternatives?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having the issue where you can only type three characters in the cheat code area as well. It was working for a few codes then it broke. Doesn't work in other browsers, doesn't work with a cleared cache, doesn't work with other browsers through a VPN. Doesn't work through the Chrome downloaded offline version. Is this app dead? Can anyone provide any information on alternatives?
Use VBA to generate .cht files?

Alternatively, install RetroArch on your computer/phone, once installed, select "Download Content" and the choose "Update Cheats Database".

It'll take some minutes, but it'll download a zip file full of Cheat files named after individual games stored in per system folders (Cheats -> Nes/Snes/GB/GBC/Sega... you get the idea)

Simply copy paste your .cht file of the game you want to use cheats for.

I apologize beforehand if this doesn't work as I don't know if an EZ Flashcard can read any .cht file, but it's the only plausible solution for your problem.

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work. As of now, there are still zero solutions to getting cheat codes to work on original hardware for GBA games through flash carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo