Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People are being told that it's safe to downgrade and seeing all these posts of, " I downgraded successfully guiz!!!", so I can't blame them so much. All the information is scattered as all hell right now and there's so much misinformation that tons of people are confused as hell right now. Impatience is definitely the cause of the bricks but the hype was so real for this man. I feel like stuff like this should only be posted when it's completely finished and tested. There should be a hidden forum for devs and experienced testers to talk about this stuff before it's ready imo.
You know, I made that suggestion *cough* @Bortz *cough* and was told "not gunna happen"

Vinix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well ... With this new version of sysUpdate, the error doesn't appear. But press Y makes nothing happen. I have to wait?

tali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
meh, failed to verify CIA on the n3DS with 9.2.0-20E

titleException:
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well ... With this new version of sysUpdate, the error doesn't appear. But press Y makes nothing happen. I have to wait?
I'd give it at least 30 seconds to a minute. Last guy that forced shutdown at that point bricked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the quadruple post guys, my computer lagged out or something...
It was gbatemp

Vinix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd give it at least 30 seconds to a minute. Last guy that forced shutdown at that point bricked.

But seriously, nothing happened. Without any message such as "starting downgrade". Only the screen with all the options and apparently frozen.

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But seriously, nothing happened. Without any message such as "starting downgrade". Only the screen with all the options and apparently frozen.
As long as it isn't doing anything under the hood you should be fine with this latest SysUpdater. Give it a go and try to reboot in recovery mode first.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I think I misread where you're at. If y didn't do anything you should be fine to retry. If it locks on "getting cia informations" that's when life sucks.

tali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, restarted it and retried without any changes and seems to work now. It's installing, will report when it's done.

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got it to work with the new sysUpdater for a split second and now the sysUpdater does not even start. Somebody knows what should I do? I re downloaded and it still happens-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: balls