ROM Hack Skyrim mod trouble

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having an issue regarding mods on skyrim through atmosphere.

Skyrim is up to date and my atmosphere version is running 14.1.2

I've had playthroughs with mods working before, I'm just not sure what I've done wrong this time around.

I've used MO2 to install and sort the mods with loot, converted them with the nx toolkit and I'm pretty sure I have all the bsa files registered in the inis.

Any help or insight would be appreciated

Attachments

• Skyrim data.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 65

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suggest you to ask for help on the discord server of Skyrim Switch mod, sure you will get good help there.

One small tip:
Rename your .bsa for an easy installation.

For example:
If I need to install Ordinator, I rename the esp "Ordinator(or).esp" and all the bsa associated "or.bsa", "or-v.bsa" (voices) "or-m.bsa" (meshes) etc.

That will help you a lot for clarity

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you to ask for help on the discord server of Skyrim Switch mod, sure you will get good help there.

One small tip:
Rename your .bsa for an easy installation.

For example:
If I need to install Ordinator, I rename the esp "Ordinator(or).esp" and all the bsa associated "or.bsa", "or-v.bsa" (voices) "or-m.bsa" (meshes) etc.

That will help you a lot for clarity
Thank you for that tip. I know of the 1024 character limit but I figured 40ish mods was pushing it on my poor V1 switch. USSEP is out too, can't even get to the title screen without it freezing

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for that tip. I know of the 1024 character limit but I figured 40ish mods was pushing it on my poor V1 switch. USSEP is out too, can't even get to the title screen without it freezing
When I had this problems I usually start again from scratch.
I know, it's boring, but a fresh start sometimes is the way to go to recomplile everything with more precision

PS. that tip is good not for the character limit, but simply because everything is more clear when you need to add the files in the .ini

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This method is now obsolete. With the latest Anniversary Update the 10 plugins limit bypass patch is both useless and pointless. No need to register your bsas in ini files anymore. We have a golden game version able to handle mods almost straight out-of-the-box! Datamining reveals that it's very possible we get soon a new bunch of Creation Club contents, and even possibly an official mods support like on XBox.

The new way to install mods is perfectly described at the following link:
Code:
https://rentry.co/SkyrimNXModding

For any further discussion, I recommand Discord.

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method is now obsolete. With the latest Anniversary Update the 10 plugins limit bypass patch is both useless and pointless. No need to register your bsas in ini files anymore. We have a golden game version able to handle mods almost straight out-of-the-box! Datamining reveals that it's very possible we get soon a new bunch of Creation Club contents, and even possibly an official mods support like on XBox.

Okay, so when the anniversary edition stuff launched my pc was already teetering on the edge of dying and my xbox one x needs the hdmi chip replaced (I think), so I haven't been keeping up with the differences. When I start a vanilla playthrough on my switch there's a bunch of stuff I never had on pc. The Grey cowl, horse armors, fishing, tundra homestead and hendrahiem, etc. Is that the full anniversary edition or just the free upgrade to sse?

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

The new way to install mods is perfectly described at the following link:
Code:
https://rentry.co/SkyrimNXModding

Oh no... this is great... now I MUST install again skyrim on my switch and modding it to death for the 5th time.
I've already saved on my pc my personal modpack with my personal converted mods, so i have 2 questions:

- With my modpack I only need to add them to the .ccc files and match the names of esp and bsa?
- The 1024 limit is not a thing anymore, so we can just add all the mods we want, right?

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, so when the anniversary edition stuff launched my pc was already teetering on the edge of dying and my xbox one x needs the hdmi chip replaced (I think), so I haven't been keeping up with the differences. When I start a vanilla playthrough on my switch there's a bunch of stuff I never had on pc. The Grey cowl, horse armors, fishing, tundra homestead and hendrahiem, etc. Is that the full anniversary edition or just the free upgrade to sse?
We have to make clear the difference between the latest Anniversary base update and the Anniversary UPGRADE.

Anniversary update NX = Anniversary update PC, which means only the 4 free contents are included (fishing, precious curiosities, dark seducers and golden saints, survival). This is the minimal golden version you need right now.

Anniversary UPGRADE NX = Anniversary UPGRADE PC, which means all the 74 additionnal Creation Club paid content is unlocked. Honestly, it's often very poor content, sometimes heavily bugged. Totally avoidable IMHO.
Post automatically merged:

Oh no... this is great... now I MUST install again skyrim on my switch and modding it to death for the 5th time.
I've already saved on my pc my personal modpack with my personal converted mods, so i have 2 questions:

- With my modpack I only need to add them to the .ccc files and match the names of esp and bsa?
- The 1024 limit is not a thing anymore, so we can just add all the mods we want, right?
-Yes
-The 1024 limit is still a thing in the ini file I think, but you don't have to register your bsa files there anymore

But keep in mind that the Switch has limited capabilities. Large mods increase dramatically the 1st loading time.

Last edited by Mikolaj,

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have to make clear the difference between the latest Anniversary base update and the Anniversary UPGRADE.

Anniversary update NX = Anniversary update PC, which means only the 4 free contents are included (fishing, precious curiosities, dark seducers and golden saints, survival). This is the minimal golden version you need right now.

Anniversary UPGRADE NX = Anniversary UPGRADE PC, which means all the 74 additionnal Creation Club paid content is unlocked. Honestly, it's often very poor content, sometimes heavily bugged. Totally avoidable IMHO.

-Yes
-Yes

But keep in mind that the Switch has limited capabilities. Large mods increase dramatically the 1st loading time.
Okay, then I must have the full thing because player houses, the horse armor and seasons quest in runoff caverns, on top of the alternate armors are also in my vanilla game.

I'll look into the rentry guide you posted, I used that to get atmosphere running in the first place so it will be nice for a concise and clear guide on the process.

Thank you

Edit. Turns out since my skyrim is the full anniversary edition, on top of doing things the old way I was also putting all my mods and stuff in the wrong contents folder. Instead of 01000A10041EB009 I was putting them under 01000A10041EA000

Last edited by SoranVinaku,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had stopped playing on the Switch when I started playing SkyrimVR. Then decided to play on a switch to demostrate to someone the joys of having CFW... but the mods were no longer working. At all. No crashes... just vanilla game...

After a bit, I remembered that there was a thing with "*" in the .ini to enable/disable mods and I had them all disabled for some reason :wacko:

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

-Yes
-The 1024 limit is still a thing in the ini file I think, but you don't have to register your bsa files there anymore

Ok so the 1024 limit is still present, but it's very hard to get 1024 characters for the .esp file... that was a problem for the multiple .bsa
That's a great news! Because i've reached that limit with my modpack for the .bsa files and now i can add more mods.

Thank you very much for your answers

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@everyone, and FYI, you can also test everything on your PC before installing anything on your real console. Yuzu and RyujiNX both support mods in layeredFS atmosphere format.
I should also add that emulation on PC, while not 100% accurate, is perfect for this kind of testing purpose and is not subject to the outrageously long loading time caused by large mods on the real console (hardware load/transfer/memory bottlenecks).

Ok so the 1024 limit is still present, but it's very hard to get 1024 characters for the .esp file... that was a problem for the multiple .bsa
Please read the rentry tutorial I linked. You don't have to register your esps in the ini file anymore. You now only have to list them in the ccc file, and any bsa with the same name as your esp/esm/esl will be automatically loaded without any further modification.

Last edited by Mikolaj,
Reactions: ShadoGiow

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@everyone, and FYI, you can also test everything on your PC before installing anything on your real console. Yuzu and RyujiNX both support mods in layeredFS atmosphere format.
I should also add that emulation on PC, while not 100% accurate, is perfect for this kind of testing purpose and is not subject to the outrageously long loading time caused by large mods on the real console (hardware load/transfer/memory bottlenecks).

Please read the rentry tutorial I linked. You don't have to register your esps in the ini file anymore. You now only have to list them in the ccc file, and any bsa with the same name as your esp/esm/esl will be automatically loaded without any further modification.
Yes I understood that :) maybe I didnt explain myself correctly before, sorry for my english.

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Importing mods in Skyrim on Switch is now as easy as on PC and is working the same way. The only difference is that on Switch there is actually no embedded mod manager/installer/activator in the 'regular' game.

If you manage to deal with the Switch specific texture/audio/animation file formats (thanks to the invaluable Skyrim NX toolkit) then the only limits are the console hardware capabilities...

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Importing mods in Skyrim on Switch is now as easy as on PC and is working the same way. The only difference is that on Switch there is actually no embedded mod manager/installer/activator in the 'regular' game.

If you manage to deal with the Switch specific texture/audio/animation file formats (thanks to the invaluable Skyrim NX toolkit) then the only limits are the console hardware capabilities...

Alright, I followed the guide, extracted what I needed and added my esp files to the .ccc file. When I boot skyrim I get plain vanilla and no mention of mods when starting a new file.

Could this be because I seem to have 2 skyrim directories in my contents folder? I included the folder names in my edited post above

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could this be because I seem to have 2 skyrim directories in my contents folder? I included the folder names in my edited post above
I think you missed some parts of the new tutorial. Let's try step by step:

• What is your game version? You MUST have the latest update installed (v1.1.177.3285177).
  • Next: do you have the Anniversary UPGRADE installed? Same question with other words: does the main game menu offer you to purchase the Anniversary upgrade, or does it look 'regular' without any ad and a slightly golden logo?

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you missed some parts of the new tutorial. Let's try step by step:

• What is your game version? You MUST have the latest update installed (v1.1.177.3285177).
  • Next: do you have the Anniversary UPGRADE installed? Same question with other words: does the main game menu offer you to purchase the Anniversary upgrade, or does it look 'regular' without any ad and a slightly golden logo?

My game version is exactly the same as the one you posted and there's no ad for anniversary upgrade or anything. I can start new games or load old ones, and watch the credits.

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My game version is exactly the same as the one you posted and there's no ad for anniversary upgrade or anything. I can start new games or load old ones, and watch the credits.
Good. So, you are on the "Anniversary UPGRADE".

First, forget almost everything you learned before. You MUST uninstall ALL files from the previous "10 plugins limit bypass patch". They are not necessary anymore and can even cause garbage. I mean you MUST delete them physically from your SD card, either by USB connection or FTP transfer.

Second, the 2 ini files in your atmosphere layeredFS folder tree MUST remain 'as vanilla'. If you have any doubt, just delete them.

Please confirm.

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. So, you are on the "Anniversary UPGRADE".

First, forget almost everything you learned before. You MUST uninstall ALL files from the previous "10 plugins limit bypass patch". They are not necessary anymore and can even cause garbage. I mean you MUST delete them physically from your SD card, either by USB connection or FTP transfer.

Second, the 2 ini files in your atmosphere layeredFS folder tree MUST remain 'as vanilla'. If you have any doubt, just delete them.

Please confirm.
I already followed that part of the guide to delete everything from my romFS folder and put all my mod files in their own folders. I used the nxdumptool and got the ini and _en ini from the UPD setting, then switched upd to dlc and got my ccc file.

My problem I think is the ccc file went to a different folder in 'contents' than the rest of my stuff.

I added my .esp file names, which all match their respective .bsa files exactly, to my ccc file as well

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok. Did you see that, now that you have the Anniversary UPGRADE, the ccc file that should contain your mod list IS:
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EB009\romfs\skyrim_aoc.ccc
and NOT:
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EA000\romfs\Data\skyrim.ccc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1