ROM Hack Skyrim mod trouble

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Did you see that, now that you have the Anniversary UPGRADE, the ccc file that should contain your mod list IS:
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EB009\romfs\skyrim_aoc.ccc
and NOT:
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EA000\romfs\Data\skyrim.ccc
Correct. That's how the nxdumptool placed everything. I put my mods in the data folder in A000 along with the vanilla ini files in romfs, and my ccc file with my esp names added is in B009.

If I even make it to the main menu I haven't gotten any mod warnings when starting a new game

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Correct. That's how the nxdumptool placed everything. I put my mods in the data folder in A000 along with the vanilla ini files in romfs, and my ccc file with my esp names added is in B009.

If I even make it to the main menu I haven't gotten any mod warnings when starting a new game
It looks correct. AFAIR, on the latest Switch update there is no warning telling you that using mods can cause problems/instabilities like on PC or Xbox, because it is supposed to be unavailable...

Your ccc file should contain ONLY your active mods list. Here's mine.

You can notice that I chose to keep only the 4 free CC content (I deleted all 68 others) and that there is no '*' character anymore before each listed plugin.

Attachments

• Skyrim_aoc.zip
    431 bytes · Views: 61

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks correct. AFAIR, on the latest Switch update there is no warning telling you that using mods can cause problems/instabilities like on PC or Xbox, because it is supposed to be unavailable...

Your ccc file should contain ONLY your active mods list. Here's mine.

You can notice that I chose to keep only the 4 free CC content (I deleted all 68 others) and that there is no '*' character anymore before each listed plugin.
Alright. If everything to this point looks good it must be some sort of mod conflict that causing my problems. It's good to see we can actually use .esl files now, that opens up some options as well

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I remember right the old "10 plugins limit bypass patch" installs an ips file in the atmosphere\exefs_patches folder. Are you really sure you deleted it?

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah, so that's an entirely different issue. Let's put your mods on the side for a moment. Please download the zip archive and install it. If working correctly it will process 2 tests:
  • no BGS intro before the game logo --> means the atmosphere layeredFS feature is functionning correctly.
  • at the character creation menu after the looooong cart-ride intro scene (sorry) choose 'Nord', 'Male' and choose the last preset. It should be Arnold, one of my own custom character. If you choose 'Breton', 'Female' and the last preset you should have Lelianna, one of my own other custom character (see screenshots below). Additionally, their race description should be turned to french --> means custom mods are applied and loaded correctly.

Attachments

• TEST.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Arnold.jpg
    Arnold.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Lelianna.jpg
    Lelianna.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by Mikolaj,

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so that's an entirely different issue. Let's put your mods on the side for a moment. Please download the zip archive and install it. If working correctly it will process 2 tests:
  • no BGS intro before the game logo --> means the atmosphere layeredFS feature is functionning correctly.
  • at the character creation menu after the looooong cart-ride intro scene (sorry) choose 'Nord', 'Male' and choose the last preset. It should be Arnold, one of my own custom character. If you choose 'Breton', 'Female' and the last preset you should have Lelianna, one of my own other custom character (see screenshots below). Additionally, their race description should be turned to french --> means custom mods are applied and loaded correctly.
Both of them show up and the intro movie did not play

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Both of them show up and the intro movie did not play
Good. It means all your general setup is right.

There are only 2 possibilities:
  • either at least one of your mod is corrupted (wrong conversion or badly packaged bsa associated archive)
  • or either you just have a heavy load order and the main menu loading is just loooooooooooooooong
Personally the mods I am using weight 502mb all put together, and launching the game from HOS in portable mod requires ~1min10s to reach the main menu. Launching a new game takes another ~50s, while loading a savegame takes ~4min10s (!!!!!!!).

The best I could tell you is to identify the problematic mod(s). Remove/deactivate all your mods except the 1st one. Test. If it works then proceed with the 2nd, and so on...

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. It means all your general setup is right.

There are only 2 possibilities:
  • either at least one of your mod is corrupted (wrong conversion or badly packaged bsa associated archive)
  • or either you just have a heavy load order and the main menu loading is just loooooooooooooooong
Personally the mods I am using weight 502mb all put together, and launching the game from HOS in portable mod requires ~1min10s to reach the main menu. Launching a new game takes another ~50s, while loading a savegame takes ~4min10s (!!!!!!!).

The best I could tell you is to identify the problematic mod(s). Remove/deactivate all your mods except the 1st one. Test. If it works then proceed with the 2nd, and so on...
Thank you for the help. I'm going to re-download and sort the mods with MO2 as soon as I get home and try again. Is there any problems with using the GUI mod for the nx toolkit?

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there any problems with using the GUI mod for the nx toolkit?
IDK. I have heavy experience modding Skyrim on PC, but I had absolutely no experience on Switch before the Anniversary upgrade. I don't use preconverted mods from nexus, I'm converting them myself (with the toolkit from the link given in the rentry tutorial which I believe is a bit more up-to-date than the one on nexus, especially for the hkx conversion tool). I'm not using any UI feature and just process some "drag 'n drop" on the CONVERT_ONLY bat file. I repack myself my bsa and install all the mods 100% manually.

I experienced various freeze and crash issues while learning, of course. But I also learned about the specific file formats on Switch in the same time (textures, interface text files, audio and animations). It is all working perfectly fine now, except the loading time that can dramatically increase with heavy mods.

The best advice I can offer you is the same than on any other platform where the game exists: installing confidently a huge pack of so-called 'indispensable' mods is the best way to completely f__k-up your game. Building a solid and reliable mods list or load order is a matter of patience and perseverance: one at a time...

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've spent all the day converting my modpack to this new system and... it freeze on the main menu and crashes, so I'm on the same boat as you, Soran :D

Hope we can do it somehow

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent all the day converting my modpack to this new system and... it freeze on the main menu and crashes, so I'm on the same boat as you, Soran :D

Hope we can do it somehow
I'm betting it's an incompatible mod or two causing issues. Most of what I've got is small qol mods like Axes Chop wood and armored circlets. A few are bigger like realm of lorkhan, dawnguard arsenal and bandolier
Post automatically merged:

IDK. I have heavy experience modding Skyrim on PC, but I had absolutely no experience on Switch before the Anniversary upgrade. I don't use preconverted mods from nexus, I'm converting them myself (with the toolkit from the link given in the rentry tutorial which I believe is a bit more up-to-date than the one on nexus, especially for the hkx conversion tool). I'm not using any UI feature and just process some "drag 'n drop" on the CONVERT_ONLY bat file. I repack myself my bsa and install all the mods 100% manually.

I experienced various freeze and crash issues while learning, of course. But I also learned about the specific file formats on Switch in the same time (textures, interface text files, audio and animations). It is all working perfectly fine now, except the loading time that can dramatically increase with heavy mods.

The best advice I can offer you is the same than on any other platform where the game exists: installing confidently a huge pack of so-called 'indispensable' mods is the best way to completely f__k-up your game. Building a solid and reliable mods list or load order is a matter of patience and perseverance: one at a time...
You are incredible! I've spent about 6 hours converting mods, copying esp names to all the relevant bsa files and sorting my mods by LOOTs load order in the ccc file. The only thing I didn't get to work was cbbe with a the preset and output but that's negligible

Thank you!

Last edited by SoranVinaku,

sephiawind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok. Did you see that, now that you have the Anniversary UPGRADE, the ccc file that should contain your mod list IS:
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EB009\romfs\skyrim_aoc.ccc
and NOT:
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EA000\romfs\Data\skyrim.ccc
i wanna ask, where should i put the mod files the esp and bsa to SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EA000\romfs\Data or
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EB009\romfs ?

im having issue that mods doesnt work when i put the .esp list on skyrim_aoc.ccc, already tried to put it here 01000A10041EA000 or 01000A10041EB009 and it's not working just giving me blank screen and just bgm.

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i wanna ask, where should i put the mod files the esp and bsa to SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EA000\romfs\Data or
SD:atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EB009\romfs ?

im having issue that mods doesnt work when i put the .esp list on skyrim_aoc.ccc, already tried to put it here 01000A10041EA000 or 01000A10041EB009 and it's not working just giving me blank screen and just bgm.
Only the ccc file listing your mods has changed. Mods themselves,however, should still remain in the same place as before. Make sure your 2 ini files are unmodified. If any doubt, just delete them. Finally, same answer for you problem: you have at least 1 corrupted or wrongly ported mod installed.

sephiawind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Only the ccc file listing your mods has changed. Mods themselves,however, should still remain in the same place as before. Make sure your 2 ini files are unmodified. If any doubt, just delete them. Finally, same answer for you problem: you have at least 1 corrupted or wrongly ported mod installed.
what if i put some mods that work with old method (ini files) and the rest in the ccc file ? will it work ?
also if i delete few line in ccc file which is anniversary content, is it really ok ? i mean so far in my new play through i havent encountered the quest or the item that i delete, so i assume that i disable that content

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if i put some mods that work with old method (ini files) and the rest in the ccc file ? will it work ?
also if i delete few line in ccc file which is anniversary content, is it really ok ? i mean so far in my new play through i havent encountered the quest or the item that i delete, so i assume that i disable that content
That's right. Your ccc file seems to be basically just your load order. I've deleted most of the pet creations from mine for my playthrough since I don't use them anyway and none of them have loaded

sephiawind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That's right. Your ccc file seems to be basically just your load order. I've deleted most of the pet creations from mine for my playthrough since I don't use them anyway and none of them have loaded

the ini files arent needed anymore then? a member in skyrim nx discord said that if i put the mod name in ccc file but it doesnt appear in the game means the mod either bad port or corrupted. I put Alternate Start in ini file works perfect then remove them from ini list then move it into ccc file, the game just black blank and bgm sound.

so what will happen if im not move anything from ini file and decide to put new mod into ccc file ? can it work together both ini and ccc file ?

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure there actually. I want AS:LAL in my load order because it has an extension for lotd that I got loaded but all my bsa files are being ignored for some reason so all my meshes are invisible and my game crashes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!