dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
article-1193384-056169CF000005DC-425_634x561.jpg

QUOTE said:
The tattooist embroiled in a row with a teenage girl who claims he tattooed 56 stars on her face when she only asked for three has said he will help pay for them to be removed.

Rouslan Toumaniantz said today that Kimberley Vlaminck 'absolutely' agreed she wanted 56 stars tattooed on the left side of her face.

But now the 18-year-old is suing Toumaniantz, claiming she had asked him for only three stars - and had fallen asleep during the procedure, waking up to a nightmare in her Belgian hometown of Courtrai.

Toumaniantz - himself covered from head to foot in tattoos and piercings - said he would help pay for half of the treatment to remove the tattoos.

'I maintain that she absolutely agreed that I tattoo those 56 stars on the left side of her face,' he told newspaper La Derniere Heure.

'A witness, a woman who was present, has already been questioned by police, and she confirms it.

'But be that as it may: Kimberley is unhappy and it is not my wish to have an unsatisfied client. There is a way to remove the tattoos with the help of a laser. I accept to pay for half the cost.'

Toumaniantz claimed Kimberley was happy with the work when she left his shop in Coutrai but changed her mind when her father saw the stars.

'She's 18 years old, she's an adult,' he said. 'I don't regret it. To tell you the truth, this has given me some publicity.'

Kimberley is suing Toumaniantz for £10,000 after she paid £55 for 'the graffiti that has ruined my life'.

She claimed the Toumanaintz misunderstood her French and English.

She claims she fell asleep while he was doing his work... and awoke to 'this nightmare'.

'It is terrible for me,' said Kimberley yesterday. 'I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed. I just look horrible.'

'I think he didn’t understand what I wanted. He spoke only fractured English and French.

'But I explicitly said in my native tongue, French, and also in a little bit of English when he looked confused, that I wanted three little stars only near my left eye.'

Toumaintz, who runs the tattoo parlour called The Tattoo Box in Courtrai, said Kimberley was awake and actually looked in the mirror several times during the procedure to see how it was going.

He said she knew 'exactly what she wanted'.

'The trouble all started when she went home and her father and boyfriend threw a fit.

'They are saying things now like I doped her or hypnotised her. What rubbish!

'She asked for 56 stars and that’s what she got.'

To remove the stars would require surgery costing £8,500.

But even the most advanced laser techniques would, while removing the tattoos, leave deep white marks all across Kimberley's face.

She has launched legal proceedings against Toumanaintz seeking damages, plus the money for the operation.

He was questioned by police earlier this year but they decided it was a civil matter and that there was nothing they could do.

Jules Clocher, a Belgian psychologist, said: 'The trauma this girl must be feeling is indescribable. She feels like a circus freak - and no wonder, because she looks like one.'

Toumanaintz said from now on he will get written consent from clients before he begins tattooing.

article-1193384-055E4FE3000005DC-456_306x481.jpg

(Man who did tattoo.. Toni's cousin?
tongue.gif
)

Source + More pics: Daily Mail

Oh yes, and we have a tattoo/pierce thread here. Probably more appropriate there but it's too late now.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My husband showed me this yesterday. It's freaking hilarious. I wonder if she'll get them all removed except for three?
No comment about the artist, he's scary!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I call BS on this, I believe the artist more then this girl. That she only came up with this story after she went home and her dad went nuts. I just cant see how anybody could fall asleep while getting a tattoo.

I even saw a photo of her posing for the artists portfolio after she had it done in a news report. If he fucked up and tattooed her whole face instead of just three stars why would she have posed for him?

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
I call BS on this, I believe the artist more then this girl. That she only came up with this story after she went home and her dad went nuts. I just cant see how anybody could fall asleep while getting a tattoo.

I even saw a photo of her posing for the artists portfolio after she had it done in a news report. If he fucked up and tattooed her whole face instead of just three stars why would she have posed for him?
She must have been very very drunk or something. /s
I agree, BS.

Either way stars or no stars, I don't think she would look any different.
tongue.gif

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
QUOTE said:
Jules Clocher, a Belgian psychologist, said: 'The trauma this girl must be feeling is indescribable. She feels like a circus freak - and no wonder, because she looks like one.'

I second that BS call. Nice piling on by the "psychologist" as well. Nobody 'falls asleep' while getting their face tattooed and stays asleep with a needle poking on their cheeks, nose, around the eyes, etc. Nobody would walk calmly out of a shop either with that many unwanted tattoos. Stupid kid (although an adult by age) makes stupid decision and then comes up with a stupid idea to pass the blame for her actions.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
badgerkins said:
evening said:
Whizz said:
Lol, the stars take the shape of a three. Looks like miscommunication to me
smile.gif

You're right, I didn't notice the pattern until you mentioned it. That's still one hell of a misunderstanding.

lmao, it's like something you'd expect in a phoenix wright case.

More like Apollo Justice, too noobish of a case for Phoenix.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
Blood Fetish said:
Why why why get a tattoo done without a stencil? That would have tipped her off right away.

what sort of halfwit artist couldn't freehand a bloody star? really
Not the point. Stencil makes sure the artist and the customer are both envisioning the same end result. It helps to avoid situations exactly like this, where the customer ends up not getting what they wanted (supposedly).

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
First of all, believe me when I say it...THERE IS NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY NOOOO WAAAY that person can fall asleep while getting tattoo, unless it took some kind of heavy drug or got anastetic, but it's very common and dangerous procedure, and risk of complications is by far higher..
Drunk person couldn't fall asleep even if it wanted..
Also, noise is quite high..

That being said, the things that this girls said is pure bullshit, anyone with half brain can see that she's lying....Tattooing your face is extremely painful, especially part around eyes and nose..

I'm really pissed with this, because it will only bring tattooing to bad name again..
Tattoo artist is stupid for agreeing to do that type of tattoo on 18 years old girl. Not many professional artists that actually care about what they do (and not only money) would do this type of tattoo to random people..
Here in Croatia, we have couple of "bigger" tattoo saloons, and they would do head/facial tattoos only to people that already have majority of their body covered in tattoos, the same goes for hands (upper palm and fingers)..

Blood Fetish said:
Why why why get a tattoo done without a stencil? That would have tipped her off right away.
Because some artists can pull out freehand, and know what they're doing.....However, all geometrical shapes should be done with stencils, and yeah, this tattoo was supposed to be made with stencil!

QUOTE(Blood Fetish @ Jun 18 2009, 12:59 AM) Not the point. Stencil makes sure the artist and the customer are both envisioning the same end result. It helps to avoid situations exactly like this, where the customer ends up not getting what they wanted (supposedly).
Exactly, I got freehand done one me, but only when I was completely confident in what I'm getting, and when I was sure that my tattoo artist (my friend) knows exactly what I'm looking for..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...