Hacking Smear Campaign Against TX?? TX Denies

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man 100000 users, if true is big news! To have that many "active" users for sx OS in this short time since release, it's surprising their hasn't been more widespread reports of bans or even "bricks" with the os. I honestly think this number is false, 10,000 seems like a more believable number for the first week of release.

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The claim of this product containing "brick code" originated from the following page...

https://mobile.twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1010994458316271616

Also, with regard to the response by Team Xecuter shown in the first message, I see nothing in there which indicates that they deny the existence of any "brick code."

I do agree with you that the "XECUTER" person in that Discord room is not affiliated with them, however.
Dude bricks his switch
Blames Xecuter without providing proof

Nice...

Reactions: comput3rus3r

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's assuming there are that many pirates for a console after only a few days...
There's what, 20M Switch sold? 100k seems like a lot to me.

Half a percent. Months of marketing, OS only release, and possibly partially BS of counting all of the licenses they shipped. I don't find it that hard to believe. Switch is a hot product for every type of user.

They even got mainstream coverage originally. That's a lot of marketing.

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SX OS has code intended to brick your console. I don't care what triggers it, the fact is they put it in there. It's not an accident that it manages to lock the eMMC with a random password. It's a shit move.
Don't ry to pirate their shit then it's only there is a preventative measure for dicks trying to RE their work. It cannot misfire as Team X is well planned on this os.

Reactions: Kioku

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Doesn't erase the fact that the brick code is there. I just hope that a new homebrew or an app won't trigger it one of these days and gives you a brick.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hexkyz made it pretty clear that it CAN misfire.

He just stated it.. Not seeing anywhere where it's made "clear" at all.... The "low chance" statement also makes me believe he's just stating something to be on the side of caution. His trigger was his fault.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He just stated it.. Not seeing anywhere where it's made "clear" at all.... The "low chance" statement also makes me believe he's just stating something to be on the side of caution. His trigger was his fault.

The fact was that it could trigger from anything going on. Low probability doesn't change a poison pill from a poison pill.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Don't ry to pirate their shit then it's only there is a preventative measure for dicks trying to RE their work. It cannot misfire as Team X is well planned on this os.

Still a shitty move...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The fact was that it could trigger from anything going on. Low probability doesn't change a poison pill from a poison pi.

We still don't know what could cause it to misfire. Just that he screwed around and got bricked. Him stating that it "can" means jack right now.

Last edited by Kioku,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact was that it could trigger from anything going on. Low probability doesn't change a poison pill from a poison pill.
that's a completely irrelevant analogy. a poison pill starts causing harm the minute you take it and doesn't need to be triggered. If i booby trap my house and you try to break in that's your fault.

Reactions: OblivionReign

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Dude brick his console (probably trying to crack TX OS) and then blames them.

Look, im not gonna defend TX, but as a neutral you cant just go saying stuff like that with no proof and no, a bricked console (that you caused) is no proof.

Still, if it is true then thats a shitty move by TX, but im gonna wait and see if it is true.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does that number contain the free version too, I wonder now. That'd make more sense.
Definitely, post said 'active user's' so they are just bunching together sales and downloads for some clever marketing.

I bet most people who bought it also downloaded the free version, also possibility of multiple downloads for whatever reason. No way that's the real figure of users.

Still surprisingly high though.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS has brick code, huh? Called that a few months ago actually, then got insulted and told i was "sucking reswitched's dick" for not blindly supporting TX... Enjoy your 300$ paperweights!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that number contain the free version too, I wonder now. That'd make more sense.
I doubt it, 100k does seem semi realistic if they are going by the numbers already sent to stores, (include os license) and all the back ordered product still waiting for the factory to ship

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it, 100k does seem semi realistic if they are going by the numbers already sent to stores, (include os license) and all the back ordered product still waiting for the factory to ship

It's possible but a free OS is still a full user by their standards. So I'd imagine there some handwaving going on as this is fluff PR that deflects the issue rather than answering it.

'"Look at these bigs numbers, no problems."

The more you inflate the more you add faux reassurance.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That's actually very true. Or even a "download count" which would be a shallow way of "verification of users". Hm. Curious as to how many are currently using their OS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F