SNES emulator on PS vita keeps resetting a certain game when I go to "resume" from quick menu

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This only happens when playing Chrono Trigger, I've tested other games and haven't had the same issue. Here's a video to show what I mean:

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This only happens when playing Chrono Trigger, I've tested other games and haven't had the same issue. Here's a video to show what I mean:

I believe resume opens the last saved state. Maybe when you hit resume, it goes to the saved state that happens to be made at the title screen.

Try saving state in game, then load state. Then try resume.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe resume opens the last saved state. Maybe when you hit resume, it goes to the saved state that happens to be made at the title screen.

Try saving state in game, then load state. Then try resume.

I don't have a save state for Chrono Trigger.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have a save state for Chrono Trigger.
The emulator seems to think you have, so look in the map (folder) of the game... there might be a corrupted or wrongly made savegame file called the same as the rom with the .sav extention or .SRM extension or anithing between .0 and .9.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The emulator seems to think you have, so look in the map (folder) of the game... there might be a corrupted or wrongly made savegame file called the same as the rom with the .sav extention or .SRM extension or anithing between .0 and .9.

I had the quick menu hotkey set to L R start select. Once I switched it to just select/start I don't have the issue anymore. I think it might just be a feature of the original game to soft reset it because I tested it on PC as well and I was getting the same result. Oh well, I guess it's not really that big of a deal.

Edit: It does appear to be a feature of the original game, oh well.

Last edited by kbf,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I had the quick menu hotkey set to L R start select. Once I switched it to just select/start I don't have the issue anymore. I think it might just be a feature of the original game to soft reset it because I tested it on PC as well and I was getting the same result. Oh well, I guess it's not really that big of a deal.

Edit: It does appear to be a feature of the original game, oh well.
Lol. That's kind of a silly mistake.

Reactions: kbf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)