Hacking So should I give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh... youre diff not trying hard enough. Its not hard finding a used switch v1 on Ebay for around 200$..

And if a public exploit was in works, this site would be one of if not THE First site with info.

Exactly. I just searched ebay for "switch v1" and found at least three priced at $300 or less with a "Buy it now" option, Switch dock and all. If you really want a v1 Switch, just pay full price for it, used or not and you'll get your money back with the countless number of games you'll inevitably install onto it. I've had my v1 for a long while now and would never think of selling it!

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. I just searched ebay for "switch v1" and found at least three priced at $300 or less with a "Buy it now" option, Switch dock and all. If you really want a v1 Switch, just pay full price for it, used or not and you'll get your money back with the countless number of games you'll inevitably install onto it. I've had my v1 for a long while now and would never think of selling it!
Here's one for $275 that includes everything: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185255512114?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is THAT one unbanned?
Honestly, who cares? Even if it isn't banned, it's unlikely that you'll be able to keep a hacked switch with illegally obtained games and not get banned while playing online. If playing online with others is important, you should keep it unhacked. Or maybe I'm wrong. I hacked mine long ago and got banned long ago. Has it changed now, to where there's a good chance you won't get banned?

Reactions: AlexMCS

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Item description says that it was never hacked, so yes. If you are going to spend that much though why not buy a mod chip and pay an installer for your current Switch, which since it is a Mariko has a longer battery life.
If only Aliexpress wasn't such a surprise website, as it's the only place you apparently can get the chip on. And it's not like I randomly know someone who knows extremely precise soldering. My mom said that she knows soldering, however IDK if she can handle a switch.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
If only Aliexpress wasn't such a surprise website, as it's the only place you apparently can get the chip on. And it's not like I randomly know someone who knows extremely precise soldering. My mom said that she knows soldering, however IDK if she can handle a switch.
It's a well known website with a good reputation. Here's the Wikipedia page about it if you want to know more:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AliExpress

Soldering the chip isn't the hardest thing in the world but it is easy to mess it up so you're better off taking it to a professional. You can try asking around computer / phone repair stores near you if they would be able to do it. I know several installers (none of them do it publicly anymore due to legal issues) and almost all of them work in tech repair stores for their day jobs.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It's a well known website with a good reputation. Here's the Wikipedia page about it if you want to know more:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AliExpress

Soldering the chip isn't the hardest thing in the world but it is easy to mess it up so you're better off taking it to a professional. You can try asking around computer / phone repair stores near you if they would be able to do it. I know several installers (none of them do it publicly anymore due to legal issues) and almost all of them work in tech repair stores for their day jobs.
Yeah, I don't think walking to a repair store and being like "Hey, can you solder this random chip in my Switch console" is going to work.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yeah, I don't think walking to a repair store and being like "Hey, can you solder this random chip in my Switch console" is going to work.
Why not? Worst they can do is say no. I don't know what it's like in the Czech Republic but here in the UK those kind of stores are usually ran by kinda shady people who won't ask questions as long as you're willing to pay them.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or... if you were smart... you'd do the math and realize a chip + install is going to cost the same as buying a overpriced unpatched v1 & selling your current switch. except you'll be a month+ behind since aliexpress items takes months to arrive sometimes... suck it up, quit complaining and bite the bullet or just give up as you suggested.

Reactions: iiTzSamurai

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These kind of posts of people asking for "Is new hack coming so I can pirate away" are a bit ridiculous.
To be fair, he never mentioned anything about pirating games, you did (guilty conscious)? :lol:
Poor guy just wants to play homebrew.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Your options are:
Keep looking for a chip
Or
Buy an upatched off ebay (or check your local pawn shops or classifieds), selling your current one to make up the difference

Or build a time machine and go back to 2018

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With how easy it is to patch switches. Do you think people would even be so stupid as to just release anything that may be out there? You got stated methods. Be happy with what you got, or simply keep quiet about it.

Balorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the sheer entitlement you’re displaying is disgusting.

Anything past the V1 Unpatched Switches are unlikely to ever get software exploits. This has been flat out stated by the developer of the CFW Atmosphere, probably the only person who knows the OS at the same level as Nintendo.

You can piss and moan about it all you’d like, but that’s reality. There MIGHT be something after the Switch reaches it’s end of life, but you shouldn’t get your hopes up, as the OS is actually pretty secure.

You have options, however, as you know by this point:

- Find a unpatched Switch, on FB Marketplace, a local shop that sells preowned Switches, or a place like eBay. This will be your cheapest option. You’ll have to be patient and sort through serial codes but you WILL find one eventually.

- Buy a chip from Aliexpress. It isn’t as much of a toss up as you’re making it out to be, or it wouldn’t be as popular as it is in the west.

That alone is going to be at least half the cost of a Switch. On top of that, you then need to find someone who pretty much a master at soldering, as it pretty much requires a microscope.

Your mother may know how to solder but this is a job that even people who do it for a living have a hard time with.

If you aren’t willing to do any of those things, stop whining that you didn’t get a unpatched Switch. You aren’t entitled to one. None of us are. The people who have it simply got lucky. You aren’t entitled to CFW, and you seriously need to grow up.

ovocie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey Ondrashek! i live in Slovakia and buy switch v1 from one guy in UK through ebay. it was only tablet and costs me around 215 eur together with import charge. works just fine!

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You pay the price for joining the scene this late.... Mod chips arent THAT expensive. You can get hwfly core, lite, or a OLED chip for around $150 each if you look in the right places.

Ive also met quite a few people that charge for a mod chip install. Hell I paid $100 for an install and im enjoying my OLED quite a lot tbb

Last edited by Lumince,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work