Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie trailer shows off Tails and Knuckles

The movie Sonic the Hedgehog 2 just got a new trailer, which you can watch here. The video shows off Tails, voiced by the voice actor from the games, Idris Elba as Knuckles, Jim Carrey returning as Dr. Eggman, and some of the movie's storyline. It'll be out in theaters April 8th.

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first film was really bogged down by taking the "creature coming into our world and befriending an ordinary dude" route, and I never understood why it couldn't take place in sonic's own world. Green Hill Zone looked great in the beginning of the movie, and I was disappointed that it was only in the beginning.

But even though the first film was blatantly uninspired, it could've been a hell of a lot worse. And I am interested to see where the sequel goes.

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The first film was really bogged down by taking the "creature coming into our world and befriending an ordinary dude" route, and I never understood why it couldn't take place in sonic's own world. Green Hill Zone looked great in the beginning of the movie, and I was disappointed that it was only in the beginning.

But even though the first film was blatantly uninspired, it could've been a hell of a lot worse. And I am interested to see where the sequel goes.

To be fair the Anime Sonic X has basically the same plot and it did well in some countries.

Reactions: boot3

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be fair the Anime Sonic X has basically the same plot and it did well in some countries.
I've never watched Sonic X so I can't really comment on that, but if it did well then I'd imagine that Sonic X probably at least tried to do something interesting with it. Maybe my initial wording was wrong, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that setup, but all the movies that use it tend to follow the same overall story structure, but that's really just my opinion.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've never watched Sonic X so I can't really comment on that, but if it did well then I'd imagine that Sonic X probably at least tried to do something interesting with it. Maybe my initial wording was wrong, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that setup, but all the movies that use it tend to follow the same overall story structure, but that's really just my opinion.

The Anime had Sonic and company, Eggman and his robots and the chaos Emeralds and other bad guys teleported to Earth... so basically this movie extended to fit many episodes and adapting a few of the games.

Reactions: boot3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi do you have any stories from your time in the service?