Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie trailer shows off Tails and Knuckles

The movie Sonic the Hedgehog 2 just got a new trailer, which you can watch here. The video shows off Tails, voiced by the voice actor from the games, Idris Elba as Knuckles, Jim Carrey returning as Dr. Eggman, and some of the movie's storyline. It'll be out in theaters April 8th.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they had to make a third sequel, they'd introduce Metal Sonic and Amy Rose I'm sure.
And the fourth sequel, Shadow the hedgehog I guess...

But let's not go too far and get carried away.
If we get that far we better get an explanation of this mystery power.
Thank you. That's all i was trying to say is sonics power has never been in the story like that. I know about the Emeralds giving him super power and that that can be messed with but that's different from running fast
For whatever reason Sonic generates electricity when he goes fast in the first movie, and presumably the same here. The question is why Knuckles has the same vaguely defined mystery power. If it's just some stupid thing to explain Sonic's speed and Knuckles' strength, why bother making Sonic's power create electricity, and why even write it in to begin with when any of the Sonic characters has some unique ability. Unless they're gonna have him actually use it, like Sonic Wind from SA2.
I did mention Shadow. I'm certain Eggman cloned Sonic into Shadow.

If he recovered a dropped quill how will that effect Sonic's power?
Shadow was created 50 years before Sonic Adventure 2 by Eggman's grandfather. The only thing I can think of that would be similar to what your thinking is from Sonichu.
This movie looks so fucking good. I cannot wait to see it with my friend when it comes out. We watched the first one when it released and were so surprised by its quality. Hopefully this movie also surpasses my expectations!
The Sonic canon is ambiguous enough that they can do anything with the characters. We've got games taking place on what I assume is Mobius (I didn't read the Genesis era manuals), Earth, an amusement park in space, then whatever planet Forces takes place on, and wherever Rangers is set.

Last edited by Guacaholey,
Reactions: TheZander

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This movie looks so fucking good. I cannot wait to see it with my friend when it comes out. We watched the first one when it released and were so surprised by its quality. Hopefully this movie also surpasses my expectations!
The Sonic canon is ambiguous enough that they can do anything with the characters. We've got games taking place on what I assume is Mobius (I didn't read the Genesis era manuals), Earth, an amusement park in space, then whatever planet Forces takes place on, and wherever Rangers is set.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they'll end this movie with Dr.Robotnik on Planet Mobius, building his Robotropolis empire, and give us a peek at the Freedom Fighters of Knothole Village? Scratch and Grounder would be cool too, for comic relief.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow was created 50 years before Sonic Adventure 2 by Eggman's grandfather. The only thing I can think of that would be similar to what your thinking is from Sonichu.
I was just wrong when I suggested it. I was working with a vague recollection. I know it was a game where you picked to be the good and bad side and all around a good game. I missed the part about eggmans relative and whatever shadow actually is. Probably because I skip cutscenes so i made up the plot myself about Eggman cloning Sonic and making Shadow the Hedgehog apparently.

That being said I hope Knuckles's bracelets are in this game. Whatever stupid game those were in kept me from ever beating it because the final portion required Knuckles to swim longer than he could hold his breath I tried for months before I got the info that there were swimming bracelets. I never could go back and get them so I left that game.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Debatably when Super Sonic crashes into Knuckles at the beginning of Sonic 3 and makes him drop the Chaos Emeralds. But I think Knuckles has his own power since he remarks that he doesn't need Sonic's power. The concept of them having some special powers isn't something I'm a fan of since not only does it go against their character lore from the games, but it's also super vaguely defined.

Well in the games Sonic and others have Super Speed, Knuckles is Super Strong, Tails is a genius and can fly, Amy can read the future using tarot cards, Silver has TK and Marine the Rancoon has an energy attack.

And yes all that has happened in the games and is canon for said games.

Sure game Sonic doesn't have electric powers but can get electric power ups, maybe they have Knuckles fire powers since fire power ups exist in Sonic games?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they'll end this movie with Dr.Robotnik on Planet Mobius, building his Robotropolis empire, and give us a peek at the Freedom Fighters of Knothole Village? Scratch and Grounder would be cool too, for comic relief.
actually if you read the comics (near the end of archies run) Mobius=earth just thousands of years in the future https://archiesonic.fandom.com/wiki/Mobius i won't bore you with the details but in the "prehistoric" age when mobius was still known as earth:

Prehistoric​

• Nearly 12,000 years ago, during the 21st century of the "old world" when Mobius was still known as "Earth", an alien race known as the Xorda came to the planet to offer an alliance to its human population. However, the emissary they dispatched was captured, studied and subsequently dissected by a group of scientists led by Ivan Kintobor (guess who's ancester this is), a leading scientist at the time. Ivan had hoped to use the captured alien and its technology to produce the robot Isaac as well as numerous other creations. His methods however proved antagonistic towards the Xorda. In retaliation, the aliens bombarded the planet with Gene Bombs with the intention of exterminating all life on the planet, melting all surface life into primordial ooze. Before the destruction of the planet's biosphere, however, a number of hidden cities were constructed, safe from the effects of the Gene Bombs. The bombs had an unforeseen side effect however. Rising from the primordial soup, DNA from the former human population formed the four-fingered Overlanders seen on Mobius today, while the rest of the animal kingdom also experienced a rapid evolution from interaction with human DNA, forming modern-day Mobians. (StH: #124, #148; SSM: #1)

Reactions: Jayro

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

The movie Sonic the Hedgehog 2 just got a new trailer, which you can watch here. The video shows off Tails, voiced by the voice actor from the games, Idris Elba as Knuckles, Jim Carrey returning as Dr. Eggman, and some of the movie's storyline. It'll be out in theaters April 8th.

yeah I don't see sonic here - all I see is just a cgi animated hedgehog not sonic, - love what i saw so far for tails, - knuckles voice actor er...could've toned it down a bit or hired the original voic actor again from the games, uhh what else? he looks okay? I suppose...

sadly I am gonna be dipping off of this movie, already saw the first one to see where this one is headed at and it ain't sonic for me..this feels more for family cheesy shtick and if that's what they want then those who support it to believe that - that is sonic, don't know the blue hedgehog like they thought they did.
bummed out that they stripped his entire personality who he is to make this..ugh.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i agree with the uninspired but it wasn't crap either that nor detective pikachu
Eh, I personally consider it crap seeing how you could basically put any other character instead of Sonic and the movie would still be the same. It's your typical "creature from another world coming into ours" crap, there's really nothing that, imo, makes it... like, A Sonic movie, something that if you really replaced Sonic with something else, it wouldn't feel "right" or what.

Plus let's not forget all the bs in how it even started out, lmao, if at least it had the original design, it would've surely been a movie that'd never been forgotten for how atrocious Sonic looked, lol.
Still, some of that initial crap was still in the final movie, remember the intro and that Owl char that has a clashing style with the revised Sonic design because she was made with the initial look in mind? And how she basically matters all two minutes, and if you cut the intro and went straight to "Sonic in our world" basically nothing would've changed?

Again, this is how I feel about the movie, even Jim Carrey, for how many say was only the saving grace of the movie, felt to me like he was forcing himself to play his act or what, mh.
Shrug

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah I don't see sonic here - all I see is just a cgi animated hedgehog not sonic, - love what i saw so far for tails, - knuckles voice actor er...could've toned it down a bit or hired the original voic actor again from the games, uhh what else? he looks okay? I suppose...

sadly I am gonna be dipping off of this movie, already saw the first one to see where this one is headed at and it ain't sonic for me..this feels more for family cheesy shtick and if that's what they want then those who support it to believe that - that is sonic, don't know the blue hedgehog like they thought they did.
bummed out that they stripped his entire personality who he is to make this..ugh.
Jaleel White was also the best Sonic voice actor, and I wish he would have stuck with it.

Reactions: chrisrlink

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
actually if you read the comics (near the end of archies run) Mobius=earth just thousands of years in the future https://archiesonic.fandom.com/wiki/Mobius i won't bore you with the details but in the "prehistoric" age when mobius was still known as earth:

Prehistoric​

• Nearly 12,000 years ago, during the 21st century of the "old world" when Mobius was still known as "Earth", an alien race known as the Xorda came to the planet to offer an alliance to its human population. However, the emissary they dispatched was captured, studied and subsequently dissected by a group of scientists led by Ivan Kintobor (guess who's ancester this is), a leading scientist at the time. Ivan had hoped to use the captured alien and its technology to produce the robot Isaac as well as numerous other creations. His methods however proved antagonistic towards the Xorda. In retaliation, the aliens bombarded the planet with Gene Bombs with the intention of exterminating all life on the planet, melting all surface life into primordial ooze. Before the destruction of the planet's biosphere, however, a number of hidden cities were constructed, safe from the effects of the Gene Bombs. The bombs had an unforeseen side effect however. Rising from the primordial soup, DNA from the former human population formed the four-fingered Overlanders seen on Mobius today, while the rest of the animal kingdom also experienced a rapid evolution from interaction with human DNA, forming modern-day Mobians. (StH: #124, #148; SSM: #1)
I stopped reading them when they gave sonic green eyes and shoe buckles. The new art style sucked too. Wasn't my cup of tea. Felt less like Archie, and more like X-Men in the visuals department.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I would love Dan Green as Knuckles (was Knuckles in Sonic X, and some of the games, also Mephiles in 06)

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very excited about this movie. It looks like a step in the right direction. They seemed to have listened to criticism from the first movie. I'm definitely seeing this one in the theater.

Reactions: boot3 and SS4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc