Not open for further replies.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Been brought up before, IIRC its the javascript engine used or something. Whatever it is, it's some small reasonably insignificant portion of the browser that is based on GPL code so had to be open sourced. It has nothing to do with Linux. It is extremely unlikely to lead to anything of use.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its funny, I thought the post above would've ended it. But it seems this got front paged.
wtf.gif

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Its funny, I thought the post above would've ended it. But it seems this got front paged.
wtf.gif

Agreed. how?
tongue.gif
I don't see anything useful here except maybe now we can tell a little more easily how the 3DS specifically interacts with javascript (since its based on this source code). It's clear that this isn't the actual 3DS web browser source code btw it's just what they based the 3DS web browser on.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
klim28 said:
In Layman's terms... this means what?

Nothing really.

Also further proving this is not really the 3DS web browser's source here is a quote from Nintendo: (viewable on the download page)

"In compliance with the OSS Licenses, we are making the source code of the open source software available to you."

...the "open source software" is Access's NetFront browser (if I remember the name correctly) but it's not directly the 3DS web browser's source code.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CollosalPokemon said:
klim28 said:
In Layman's terms... this means what?

Nothing really.

Also further proving this is not really the 3DS web browser's source here is a quote from Nintendo: (viewable on the download page)

"In compliance with the OSS Licenses, we are making the source code of the open source software available to you."

...the "open source software" is Access's NetFront browser (if I remember the name correctly) but it's not directly the 3DS web browser's source code.

To put it short, this is the code that Nintendo used to make the code for the 3DS browser.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you guys even reading this topic? It's a rather insignificant portion of the browser, not the entire thing.
I originally jumped to the conclusion that the entire source was available, and assumed it was provided as an advanced example of 3DS application development - however actually reading the information at hand proved me wrong.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is source-code that they aren't allowed to keep closed. After all, nobody wants a repeat of the MisticScummVM fiasco.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
Are you guys even reading this topic? It's a rather insignificant portion of the browser, not the entire thing.
I originally jumped to the conclusion that the entire source was available, and assumed it was provided as an advanced example of 3DS application development - however actually reading the information at hand proved me wrong.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is source-code that they aren't allowed to keep closed. After all, nobody wants a repeat of the MisticScummVM fiasco.

Did you read anyones post except for the OP's? That's pretty much what I said more than an hour ago.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
CollosalPokemon said:
Antoligy said:

Did you read anyones post except for the OP's? That's pretty much what I said more than an hour ago.
I was referring to your post in particular. And how everybody else apparently ignored it.

ProtoSphere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This i just the source of the rendering engine, WebKit. Of course, if there is an exploit available for this specific version of WebKit (or JavascriptCore or WebCore for that matter) than theoretically you could use it on the 3DS browser providing it doesn't have some sort of memory protection.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marlonguppy said:
Are you all from Florida or something?!
THIS IS NOT EXPLOITABLE, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO IT.
It's just WebKit, not the fkng entire thing. Because Nintendo isn't stupid like everybody here...

Ahh has someone not had their first joint this morning?

Stereotypes aside... relax a little... No one in this forum is a hacking expert, so let people indulge in their little theories. If it annoys you, you can always... you know... not read it.

The real people that have some idea of what they are doing have their own channels they work from... It's more constructive for everyone that people that don't have a clue come here and rant off any obsurdities that have versus tracking down, say Loopy, and ranting at him about it.

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
TeamTwiizers already had access to the European source code MONTHS ago. And yes, many exploits were discovered. For an example of what they have done so far, visit this in your 3DS browser:
http://96.26.172.219:8080/3ds.php

That exploit creates a buffer overflow, which crashes the 3DS. All that is left for team twiizers to do, is to attach an executable payload.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kyohack said:
TeamTwiizers already had access to the European source code MONTHS ago. And yes, many exploits were discovered. For an example of what they have done so far, visit this in your 3DS browser:
http://96.26.172.219:8080/3ds.php

That exploit creates a buffer overflow, which crashes the 3DS. All that is left for team twiizers to do, is to attach an executable payload.

OK an other theory

http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/3871/ Published: 2007-05-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1