'South Park: The Fractured But Whole' Coming To Nintendo Switch

switch south park.jpg

In a press release today, Ubisoft and South Park Digital Studios announced that South Park: The Fractured But Whole will be available on Nintendo Switch on April 24th. Created, written and directed by Trey Parker and Matt Stone and developed by Ubisoft San Francisco, South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an 18+ superhero adventure that players can now experience anywhere, anytime on the Nintendo Switch.

In addition to the base game, the first two pieces of add-on content, “Danger Deck” and “From Dusk Till Casa Bonita”, will be available for purchase either separately or as part of the season pass. The third piece of add-on content, “Bring the Crunch”, will also come to the Nintendo Switch when it releases this summer.

In The Fractured But Whole, crime is on the rise in South Park, and the streets have never been more dangerous. As the sun sets on the quiet Colorado town, terror, havoc, and chaos are unleashed as the seedy underbelly of the city comes alive. The town needs new heroes to come to the rescue. Eric Cartman seizes the opportunity to save the town and create the best superhero franchise ever, his own Coon and Friends, with himself, The Coon, as the leader.

In Danger Deck, players will be teleported to never-before-seen locations throughout South Park to fight enemy encounters custom-crafted by the Freedom Pals. These increasingly difficult encounters will test and push the limits of any superhero.

In From Dusk Till Casa Bonita, Mysterion’s sister is in trouble. She’s fallen in with the Vamp Kids of South Park, who have descended upon Cartman's favorite restaurant, Casa Bonita. Players will need to fight darkness with darkness and embrace the new Netherborn class, which offers four new occult powers. Enter the battle alongside a new buddy, Henrietta the Goth.

:arrow: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Website
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a pity, if I would have known it was going to be released for the Switch so soon when I first "preordered" it several years ago and the Switch still wasn't even announced, I would've waited to get it portable.

If I had to wait for so long after infinite delays it wouldn't have hurt to wait a couple more months.

And TBH I was already into something else when it finally came, so I still have the game's BluRay for XB1 sealed. Meh, laaame, portable would've been better for sure.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's more surprising than the Smash Switch announcement. Between that, Bayonetta, and this, Switch is a console I feel I need to get ASAP now.

Reactions: Prans

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Man, Nintendo are so brave by releasing another South Park game on their console.
Nintendo are officially not only kids-friendly company anymore.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi
D

Deleted User

It s a shame. Didn’t they deny a release for switch? After that announcement I bought it on ps4. I would have waited otherwise ... anyway. Great game for rpg fans and of course South Park enthusiasts.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK there were no mature releases on SNES, but N64 had plenty. DOOM 64, Duke Nukem 64, and Conker's Bad Fur Day just to name a few.
Not quite on topic but I never knew Conker's Bad Fur Day was an M game, I thought it was just another 3D platformer.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK there were no mature releases on SNES, but N64 had plenty. DOOM 64, Duke Nukem 64, and Conker's Bad Fur Day just to name a few.

Well, the Mortal Kombat series did have red blood on SNES after the first one. Doom was on SNES as well. I think those are the only M rated games on the console though. I haven't played the original Final Fantasy VI but the romhack I'm playing right now with updated translations has some pretty adult jokes like a prostitute introducing Locke to her boobs. I somehow doubt that made it into the original translation.

But yeah if I knew this was coming to Switch I would've held back on buying the PC version. The game was fun but I wouldn't play through it again just for the sake of it being portable. And seeing that this runs on Snowdrop and Stick of Truth had its own engine it doesn't give me much hope to see it on Switch as well. Even though I have that game on PS3, Steam, and uPlay at this point I'd be more enticed to buy that on Switch at the moment.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite on topic but I never knew Conker's Bad Fur Day was an M game, I thought it was just another 3D platformer.

In its earlier states, it was just another cutesy 3D platformer with an innocent animal for the main character known as 12 Tales: Conker 64. Then some behind the scenes overhauls happened, and Conker came out a wise crackin' swearing squirrel that loves to get drunk that battles a literal giant singing piece of shit in Conker's Bad Fur Day. Probably about the biggest 180 I've ever seen a game make.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't hate on south park, only because it's a game that shows us Nintendo is being more laxed on content. Now I hope we can get some more adult content. No, not that kind of "Adult". Lol

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't hate on south park, only because it's a game that shows us Nintendo is being more laxed on content. Now I hope we can get some more adult content. No, not that kind of "Adult". Lol

The Switch already has had a fair share of Mature games at this point: Doom, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, Bayonetta 1 and 2, LA Noire, Batman Telltale, and the Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+. Its clear that Nintendo will welcome mature rated content on the system, just so long as the content is of high quality.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, same but for... Different reasons