Hacking [SPECULATION] Current State of Affairs for 3DS Flash Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very disappointed. I was having a terrific day until I read this dreadful news. Honestly, I believe that gateway is dropping the product. I was afraid that this was going to happen sooner or later when I first bought my gateway, which was one of the reasons why I was hesitant at first. I knew that if I buy a gateway card there will be no more other cards for me to buy since it was extremely difficult for me to come up withe the money.
I said somewhere else in the forums that to me, I would feel satisfied with the money I put into buying gateway if they just got multirom and nandsaving support. which they did promise. But now, I feel stooped out of my money.

I do have a few suggestions. I know this isn't easy but it is something that I just wanted to share with you guys:
1.) I believe that if the 3ds community sticks together, we can make a petition to boycott the evo and maybe mt cards so that they arent purchased in any means. Maybe we could get the petition to be on the front page and gather signatures from all over and people promising not to buy their products once it comes out. I know this is difficult since not everyone is willing to abide, but I wouldn't suggest something that i personally wouldn't support. The petition could also be shared on other forums or linked to other forums such as max console, reddit...etc. I am sure many others are upset as well.

2.) If gateway really is thrown down the gutter, can't we, the community, work on coding for the gateway card to finish the multirom and nandsaving support that gateway never could get done? This way, gateway would at leaste have a far greater use to the community. I believe that if effort is put in, 3ds hackers could get the job done.

These are just some things I wanted to share and i know how difficult they both are to get done I really do. I just wanted to speak my mind so badly for I feel so betrayed by gateway. Never have I seen such perfidy after much support given to them. I just never saw it coming...

Stormwolf64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is not "news", this is a rumour. It'll be "news" when it has some credibility - as of today the "sudden discontinuation of Gateway" is just wild speculation.

And you retards are the reason making a jump like this is so easy for companies. Just think about it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Rational thinking mixed with common sense. Watch your own damn mouth.
Rational thinking requires evidence which you do not have. Again, being rude is frowned upon - don't go around calling people retards because they think you're jumping to conclusions without any evidence whatsoever.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To end off this reply. I like your thought processes but from the view point of a business, I'm sure you have to admit my argument makes more sense. GW currently owns they market, they can do whatever they like because they have a monopoly on the development.

Well if GW disappears and this EVO comes out with all the 2.0 promised features, it will be pretty final proof that GW = EVO.
At which point I will not support EVO (the future best cart, whatever), but will wait for a cheap clone.
So their plan wouldn't really be working on me here. Or many others that browse here for that matter.

Your logic works best in a market filled with average consumers who buy things on a whim and without doing any research - I don't believe the chinese knock-off flashcart market is such a place. People come here and do extensive research before making a purchase. People analyze firmware codes or components inside the device to determine things, sometimes they even patch the firmware itself. This is not really a see-in-the-shelf-and-buy type of product that you forget about a day after your compulsory buying disorder is satisfied.

GW has been leading in popularity consistently, despite clones being cheaper and offering more or less the same things at most points in time: because people trust it since they have been consistent ever since they kick-started the 3DS flashcart scene. A generic market would flock to the clones without question on the basis alone that it's cheaper, even despite the bricking information, nobody would really care (see the supposed xbox 360's 30% chance of RRoD on early models, no one really gave a single fuck and that's a much bigger investment than a flashcart).

But when that trust goes away, then it's all about the only thing left: what is cheaper. And clones will always be cheaper by nature.

It's harder and harder to build trust when you come out after the previous trusted card bailed for the money. At some point people are just going to say "screw it".

Reactions: jrr6415sun

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't get the MT-CARD, wait for the SuperCard DS3. anyone remember the iPlayer? yea this is the same thing. Team SuperCard is testing the waters with this new card under a new name like before and when they decide its all good to slap there logo on and they will drop all support for the MT-CARD.

Stormwolf64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Rational thinking requires evidence which you do not have. Again, being rude is frowned upon - don't go around calling people retards because they think you're jumping to conclusions without any evidence whatsoever.

If you think you'd ever get solid proof of something like this, you're a fool. Would you just leave written evidence everywhere or anywhere for that matter if you would do what Gateway is now suspected of doing? The closest thing to evidence you'd ever get is finding out their location and compare it to gateway.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you think you'd ever get solid proof of something like this, you're a fool. Would you just leave written evidence everywhere or anywhere for that matter if you would do what Gateway is now suspected of doing? The closest thing to evidence you'd ever get is finding out their location and compare it to gateway.
There's always insider sources, not to mention that when and if the card comes out, it can be compared to the Gateway in a variety of ways. All I advise is patience, that's all. I remember when a couple months back people honestly believed that the Gateway was "A SuperCard DSTwo clone adjusted to work in 3DS Mode" even though the two cards have very little similarities - this is what jumping to conclusions leads to. The card was just announced, let's wait and see what it turns out to be.

Reactions: Nightwish

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's all not confirmed officially yet.
So... has anyone found the CPU on the MT-Card? I can't really see one. Here are two PCB pictures if someone wants to help me :D
98v1.jpg
bhdl.jpg

The CPU is a lie.

I remember that me and Mr. Pichu talked about it some months ago. It's just the regular FPGA all flashcards have.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's always insider sources, not to mention that when and if the card comes out, it can be compared to the Gateway in a variety of ways. All I advise is patience, that's all. I remember when a couple months back people honestly believed that the Gateway was "A SuperCard DSTwo clone adjusted to work in 3DS Mode" even though the two cards have very little similarities - this is what jumping to conclusions causes. The card was just announced, let's wait and see what it turns out to be.

Tbf, there was actually some supposed inside information posted earlier but even then, there's no evidence to support it.

bfi1395584059t.jpg

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi you've gotta appreciate the sudden bursts of emotion... Things have been brewing for some time now and this kind of reaction is bound to happen, if anything this thread is more than aptly titled for such debate as you like to push people 'back on topic'. Throw in your own two cents? Rather than telling people to suppress theirs.
We know everything is speculation until proven, but we NEED to vent and speculation is heathy... What are your thoughts?

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
and again my suspicions grow if this sudden wave of gateway dropping off is a well plan to draw people to buy the new flashcard as those theories are released a day after a mesage about a new flashcard, i m always suspicious on strange events ;)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yep. But that's the base of this leak.

I don't know, but at least it's a fact that the "custom CPU" thing has been part of the announced features of the MT-Card since it was made public. This is like the BlastProcessing of those Sega adds, it's a real thing announced as something special when in reality it is not.

The only thing that makes it different perhaps it's the USB interface.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tbf, there was actually some supposed inside information posted earlier but even then, there's no evidence to support it.
Oh yeah, that looks incredibly legitimate - just like a business-level e-mail between a manufacturer and a retailer. :rolleyes:

C'mon. Let's get real here.
Foxi you've gotta appreciate the sudden bursts of emotion... Things have been brewing for some time now and this kind of reaction is bound to happen, if anything this thread is more than aptly titled for such debate as you like to push people 'back on topic'. Throw in your own two cents? Rather than telling people to suppress theirs.

We know everything is speculation until proven, but we NEED to vent and speculation is heathy... What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are that the fact that we don't know something doesn't justify randomly guessing or making up explainations. I'm afraid that I'm just not a subscriber of Conspiracy Theory Monthly, so I don't delve into any speculation before reliable sources confirm or deny rumours, I'm not keen to put water on rumour mills. The only reason why this thread continues to be open is the mention of the upcoming Evo3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER