Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I did a trailer that was specifically targeted towards you guys at GBATemp, it'd probably include the caption "From the guy that brought you Platdude's Retro Collection, JNKPlat, NeoPlat, Munky's Blocks, Blockman and more!"

SpikeDislike ($0.99,£0.59,equiv.)
SpikeDislikeLite (free single-mode edition!)

I've attempted a couple of iPhing games before, but this is my first "proper" gamey game. (even if it's not a looker!)

SpikeDislike is as simple as it gets, but that's exactly what it needs to be.
Hone your jumping skills with this excellent little retro game.
[youtube]cbbZlbIc1kk[/youtube]
All you have to do is avoid the spikes!

Think it's easy? Give the Lite edition a whirl, and if you get a wee bit too addicted, why not step it up a notch with The Complete edition.
Available in the AppStore, right now!

(GameCenter coming.. soon'ish. need to figure it out, first!! I'm about as organised as a lettuce!)

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Epic, also can you add the soundtrack that is in the video
wub.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not bad, but take away the shine in the icon, it would look much better IMO.
It's like a mix of squareball and canabalt, it's great.
BTW , the foreground , more specificly the bottom floor, eg. the grass looks cut off from the rest.

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the new update a couple days ago.New menu,new GFX,new level mode.YES.THANK YOU.
But,to be honest,I liked the old menu where the options were just sitting there,this new one seems a bit pointless without any other buttons,besides the clumsy player pressing start before finishing configuring their settings.
*Shrugs*

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soundtrack : Never been a fan of soundtracks on my iPod, kinda seemed somewhat defeatist. But, if you want one, I'll wrangle something together. Might take a while, PC's freshly formatted *again!*

Icon Shine : I know! It's one of those "D'oh, I forgot that again!!" things, when you're too busy with the code to think about the things outside the code.

Floor Movement : It's actually ALL the movement, not just the floor. It looked really dull as "Nothing at all", so I opted for the cheapest, easiest, retro-ist Parallax Scrolling I could come up with. Top moves slowly, Bottom moves quickest. Simple, does the job! And if you're playing in the Basketball skin, the reflections of the pom-poms moves in an ever so slightly parallaxed way, too! Just for the fun of it!

New Menu...
I started to add extra buttons on the titlescreen, but alongside the new score list, and my own little logo, the titlescreen started to look a horrible cluttered mess.
That's kinda when I went "Oooh.... better make a menu!"
So I stripped out the new buttons, made a swooshy menu, and then forgot to add the new buttons back in before submitting the update.
derp!

The new buttons are now back in, on my version, and over the next few days I'll be building up the all-new Challenge mode, which should be cropping up in the next update. (I'd say, probably about a week or two, give or take.)
boing.jpg

The menu now has purpose, especially once you click the Challenge Mode button!

Ta for the feedback so far, guys! Very much appreciated.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I bet you used ifile
tongue.gif

Also for the soundtrack (if you decide to have one) make sure there's an option to turn it off, apps that don't have that option piss me off grrrr...

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Professional lurker here.
Had to step outta the cave to let ya know you got an awesomely addicting game there.

Any chance to get the name of the music you used in the video of your first post?
I just wanna play it on my Ipod while I play your game.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out