[SPOILERS] Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Movie

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
I have seen this film twice now and absolutly loved it. I am a big fan of the books, and have always loved the films as well. This one was the best so far.

People always seem to diss the films saying too much has been left out blah blah blah. Well that is nearly always what happens when a book is converted to a screenplay. What is good in a book doesnt always translate well to the big screen. I remember from reading the books that I felt some scenes went on and on and on, such as when Dumbledore has his long chats with Harry, explaining loads of stuff wihtout even taking a breath. That would be a snooze fest on screen.

I dont think the films were ever meant to be a carbon copy of the books, if they were, then they wouldn't be as successful as they have been (and they have been very very successful). By cutting lots out of the books, in some respects, they have made the films more accessible to people who havent read them. True fans might be dissapointed, but in my opinion, being a true fan, its just a chance to experience Harry Potter in a different medium. I also like playing the Harry Potter games, even though they are crap, just to experience it.

You should never compare a film to a book, because I would say nearly always the book is better. Doesnt mean the film is bad though.

Few, that was a lot of text He He He!!!

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Only read the first 3 books but watched all the films so far and I really liked the half blood prince.

Good humor, great acting, a lot of awesome scenery and although it didn't really offer a great pay off ending, that's just how it builds you up for the next film.

The darker these films get, the better.

People should stop wanting them to put everything from the books in these films. It's not neccesary, I'm very happy the way it is, at least it means I can still read the remaining books and find out about lots of other stuff!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Last time I read the books was...hm a couple of years ago, so I didn't exactly remember the details.
In consequence I wasn't too disappointed about the missing parts, except for the finale... it clearly lacked a spectacular battle scene or something!
But overall I liked it, I might even go to watch it again.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked the movie alot but now that you mention it they left alot out. I wanted to see a little more school than potions class where he cheated and kissed up to the teacher. Where's more school-ish stuff? I havent read the book in a while but i know the left alot out.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It was so crappy compared to the book. The book was epic. This is just teen drama. They changed it waay to much, it wasn't dramatic enough on some parts, and too dramatic on some.

I totally agree, the movie focused waaayyy to much on the love story while leaving out some of the most important parts of the book...

For example the only mentioning that Snape was the Half-Blood Prince was done so as an aside (and Harry didn't make that crucial connection with him that he did in the book, this made Snape's final betrayal less epic), also they hid the Prince's potion book and since Harry doesn't return to Hogwarts until the end of the seventh book, how is he going to get it back to use it during the next two films? They also blew up the Weasley's house which is used as a safe haven in the next book, how can it be safe if now Bellatrix and Fenrir both know where it is? And don't forget they left out the final major fight between Harry and the Death Eaters... So yeah, they turned what could have been an awesome action film into a teen romance drama with some unintuitive sexual innuendo...

So that's what I think... End rant!

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the second half of the last movie they best not leave out the scene where Harry and Dumbledore are dead and naked and chatting xD
Mehehe I don't want to see it but it explains a lot of the story so to leave it out is the directors peril.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Social0 said:
Only read the first 3 books but watched all the films so far and I really liked the half blood prince.

Good humor, great acting, a lot of awesome scenery and although it didn't really offer a great pay off ending, that's just how it builds you up for the next film.

The darker these films get, the better.

People should stop wanting them to put everything from the books in these films. It's not neccesary, I'm very happy the way it is, at least it means I can still read the remaining books and find out about lots of other stuff!

Well then, you should read the rest of the books right now so you would find out how much they ruined it.

QUOTE(Charmandersrule @ Jul 23 2009, 08:53 PM) I liked the movie alot but now that you mention it they left alot out. I wanted to see a little more school than potions class where he cheated and kissed up to the teacher. Where's more school-ish stuff? I havent read the book in a while but i know the left alot out.

Your right, the
disapparating lessons, Snape as a Defense against the dark art teacher, and some other awesome classes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1