[SPOILERS] Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Movie

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
They left so much out. When I went to see the movie about half way through the movie someone at the theater fell asleep and was snoring really loud. It was all the teen drama, it made the movie a bit boring. I was disappointed that the epic battle at the end was remove. Having the death eater enter and trash the place and then leave without someone really stopping them. and having snape say I'm the half-blood prince without any explanation to why he is.
I'm currently reading the 7th book. Its taking me forever to read it. Been reading it since the book came out and i'm only a bit over halfway done. So much stuff like school, video games and anime preventing me from reading the rest.

Paulieo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
paulschembri.com.au
XP
Country
Australia
I had never read the books before so my girlfriend lent me all of hers. I finished all 7 of them in about 1 week and a bit. I must say the movies now suck. I still enjoy watching them, but I really prefer the books.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
I am looking forward to the movie but that is mainly because I am a huge fan of the books.
If you guys want to see a horrible book to movie transition, check out Eragon. Horrible movie in all regards.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That whole movie just felt like it was influenced heavy by the success of twilight.
(Add more teenie-stuff here, some made up shit* there and et voila!)

I should've downloaded it, instead of going to the cinema. I've seen many Films over the past two years, and this was probably the most disappointing, while I could've watched other good (or not so good) films like yes man! in cinema. >_>"

HP7 "Spoiler"
dry.gif
following...
* -
We'll, what about holding the battle of hogwarts... in the st. pauls cathedral? Or letting Harry die, instead of Voldemort?

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Bring back Mike Newell!
Seriously,where are the Dursleys,Gaunts,Bill and Fleur,Scrimgeour,Fudge and the Muggle Prime Minister?They removed all this to add some teen drama?

In the book,Harry learns that it was Snape who told Voldy about the prophecy.This is cut out from the movie.Also the fight between DA and Death Eaters is absent.Plus,the scene where Harry confronts Snape is just not right.No man could forgive being called a coward and a traitor for nothing.The special effects were amazing though.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was alright but it sucked compared to the book to think I actually went to see at 10:15 and it ended at 1 am would've rather seen transformers 2
dry.gif

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its probably my favorite movie thus far. Probably because it is more adult and dark like the books. However, the more and more I think about it, the more and more they leave out.

The movies do great for people that have never read the books. I went with a buddy and his wife and they loved the movie. I said it was good, but nowhere near as good as the movie and explained a few things.

They were all "woah, that does sound better." Like the epic fight at the end. That was probably what I was counting on the most. Then there is Harry beating himself up for "letting dumbledore die". Where in the book, he was frozen by dumbledore while he was hidden under his cloak and HAD to watch and do nothing. This further supports my theory that the movies are made for the people that dont want to read the books, and of course, $$$. It was a success on both fronts.

In close, probably my favorite movie out of the 6 so far. The first movie however, is the closest to the book IMO. Thats why the series started so great as movies as well IMO.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Mysterio said:
Bring back Mike Newell!
Seriously,where are the Dursleys,Gaunts,Bill and Fleur,Scrimgeour,Fudge and the Muggle Prime Minister?They removed all this to add some teen drama?

In the book,Harry learns that it was Snape who told Voldy about the prophecy.This is cut out from the movie.Also the fight between DA and Death Eaters is absent.Plus,the scene where Harry confronts Snape is just not right.No man could forgive being called a coward and a traitor for nothing.The special effects were amazing though.
I was kinda pissed that Newell quit after the early films, he did a great job, the 4th and 5th were ok, but they didn't stack up nearly as well as the first 3 films and the fact is that they should have made the 4th and 5th books 3 hour movies like they should have with Half Blood Prince. It was a filler book anyway and explains a lot of Voldemorts rise to power, what is required to destroy him and all that stuff. People are gonna throw a big WTF fest when the last movie comes out and the fact that it's a two part movie is even worse because they better release within a 6 month period and not half ass them.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
And I hate the fact Chirstopher isn't directing since 1 and 2 were always the best movies. And the old Dumbledore from movies 1 and 2 were the best, but the new one doesn't sound old at all. The old one was calm, reassuring, wise, and very accurate. The new one was, something.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
KingdomBlade said:
And I hate the fact Chirstopher isn't directing since 1 and 2 were always the best movies. And the old Dumbledore from movies 1 and 2 were the best, but the new one doesn't sound old at all. The old one was calm, reassuring, wise, and very accurate. The new one was, something.
Yeah, I'm saying the same thing since the third movie.....First Dumbledore was great, I really imagine him like that, this second one is "too much" he's over-acting it a bit..
I really don't get the feeling of magnificence watching him.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Worst movie I've seen this year. Wasn't expecting much, truth be told.
A friend dragged me into it.

Fucking Harry Potter, dumbest fucking shit EVER.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
KingdomBlade said:
Yeah, I'm saying the same thing since the third movie.....First Dumbledore was great, I really imagine him like that, this second one is "too much" he's over-acting it a bit..
I really don't get the feeling of magnificence watching him.
But you cant really blame the actor that played the first Dumbledore as he did die.

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've found that all the HP movies sucked, compared to the books. I didn't really expect much from this one, only to watch it cuz i've seen the rest of it =P

At least the movies aren't getting worse.... the resident evil movies are just disgustingly bad now. I'm not expecting much with the new 'afterlife' movie either...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...