Hacking Spoofing a Wii U from 5.5.1 > 5.5.2 and Disabling Updates

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know that doing this is permanent. Is there any downside to that?

there wasn't on 5.3.2. u could even update to the real 5.5.1 from there if u wanted, so I doubt that there's any downside to doing this. however, you're right, it's a one-way street, spoofing that is.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there wasn't on 5.3.2. u could even update to the real 5.5.1 from there if u wanted, so I doubt that there's any downside to doing this. however, you're right, it's a one-way street, spoofing that is.
I'm just nervous about doing anything that's permanent

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just nervous about doing anything that's permanent

haxchi and cbhc have built in spoofers to all 9's, but they might be red flags to Nintendo. don't worry, it's not so bad. originally, with wup installer, u were not given any indication that an install had finished or if it was working, so u had to wait so many seconds/minutes when spoofing to make sure that it was done. that's scary stuff, but it's pretty painless now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@I pwned U! could you fetch me some of the installables, I would but i'm not on my computer right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just update with cbhc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you're supposed to use the command line to download...

I did run commandline, but it opened up the Java app itself instead of just downloading it. *sigh* Dammit. I'll record a video to show what's going on.

haha so if mine updates i should be safe ? sorry for the caps before :P

If you've had Haxchi and/or CBHC installed, yes, just don't count on using a web exploit XD

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah im falling at this lol. It says WUP files are in the folder but all it is the bin file.

Same here, the files aren't decrypting as they should, it seems. This is seriously giving a headache. I'm tempted to look at that one site just to get it lol.

All I'm getting is

0005001010041100 - Code
0005001010041100 - Content
0005001010041100 - Content/version.bin

But none of the 0xxxxxxx, etc app files. Not good.

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, the files aren't decrypting as they should, it seems. This is seriously giving a headache. I'm tempted to look at that one site just to get it lol.

All I'm getting is

0005001010041100 - Code
0005001010041100 - Content
0005001010041100 - Content/version.bin

But none of the 0xxxxxxx, etc app files. Not good.
Getting a the same thing. X__X i'll just come back in the morning. Thanks for the help so far everyone.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a the same thing. X__X i'll just come back in the morning. Thanks for the help so far everyone.

NUS using command line just isn't getting what is needed, maybe Nintendo is wising up to the act and are cracking down on people accessing the server, I hope not. I'll wait till later, I may just say "to hell with it"
and update the console to 5.5.2. I already have permanent homebrew, so I wouldn't lose out.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted to download the app files, but when putting them into either WUP Installer Mod Y or GX2, it errors out and tells me "Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed." That title doesn't seem right to me, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by Rocket0634,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the correct cmd line: java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010041100 -dlEncrypted that's for usa. don't forget to add the common key to the config file (remove the brackets as well or it will error). I have my files sorted, but I haven't installed them yet.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@iAqua wouldnt it be easier to download internet browser v544 and change that version to a number higher than 560, install, and update normally? Also, is it really a one way street like some people claim?

I am basing this entirely on the 3ds. Back on 9.2 where cakehax was mainstream, you could do the above spoof so that when you update normally, the internet browser would be skipped, as it would see a version installed higher than what it's giving out. It also wasn't a one way street as you can always overwrite it back to whatever version you want (higher or lower) via FBI.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
@iAqua wouldnt it be easier to download internet browser v544 and change that version to a number higher than 560, install, and update normally? Also, is it really a one way street like some people claim?

I am basing this entirely on the 3ds. Back on 9.2 where cakehax was mainstream, you could do the above spoof so that when you update normally, the internet browser would be skipped, as it would see a version installed higher than what it's giving out. It also wasn't a one way street as you can always overwrite it back to whatever version you want (higher or lower) via FBI.
I didn't think of that, but yes it's possible. But I really don't feel like guiding people on how to edit system titles.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I didn't think of that, but yes it's possible. But I really don't feel like guiding people on how to edit system titles.
While I get that, you never know what 5.5.1 might be sending (info-wise) to nintendo for any potential ban waves. It just seems easier and safer to be on the latest fw, having access to everything, while keeping browser exploit.

And for the second part of the question? Is it a one way street?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the correct cmd line: java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010041100 -dlEncrypted that's for usa. don't forget to add the common key to the config file (remove the brackets as well or it will error). I have my files sorted, but I haven't installed them yet.

Thank you so much, that worked like a charm ^_^ So this is safe to install with WUP installer? No brick risk? :P

Edit: Is there a reason it says "temp" in the tmp_0005001010041100 folder?

Reactions: Trylk248

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol