Hacking Spoofing a Wii U from 5.5.1 > 5.5.2 and Disabling Updates

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does spoofing trick your Wii U into thinking it's on the latest update when it's really on 5.5.1 still? Is that how it works?

...I'm kind of nervous about making permanent modifications after the 3ds banwave. I want to do this ASAP, but part of me wants to be patient for a bit to see if someone can find another internet exploit. My Wii U's servers are blocked, and I've been playing my Playstation 3 and 4 anyways, so it's not like it's going to randomly update anytime soon.

...Unless it's possible for Nintendo to make the DNS severs that block it obsolete. Is that possible, or would they have to release another update?

Last edited by RedRose30,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it always leads to a folder with the ID and "temp" in the name:
That's normal for jnusdownload. The program was originally designed to give you the decrypted files, so it downloaded the encrypted files to the "temporary" tmp_titleID folder, then decrypted those files to the destination (code/content/meta).

Some time after we started using WUPInstaller, the -dlEncrypted option was added to allow the program to stop after it had downloaded the encrypted files. The encrypted files are the ones you want, so it's correct to find them in the tmp_titleID directory.

Reactions: godreborn

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal for jnusdownload. The program was originally designed to give you the decrypted files, so it downloaded the encrypted files to the "temporary" tmp_titleID folder, then decrypted those files to the destination (code/content/meta).

Some time after we started using WUPInstaller, the -dlEncrypted option was added to allow the program to stop after it had downloaded the encrypted files. The encrypted files are the ones you want, so it's correct to find them in the tmp_titleID directory.

Do read at the other posts though, people who did just that are not able to install them with WUP installer Y Mod, resulting in an error. So yeah, something's messed up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u've gotta remember that we were using an antiquated version of wup when spoofing on 5.3.2 was possible. u were not given a percentage complete or any verification that an install had gone through. it was recommended u wait 2 minutes or so before disconnecting even though that length wasn't entirely necessary. if the install error'd, I don't believe u'd be notified either, so something may be wrong with wup installer. the new versions may not be equipped to install system titles. that's just a guess based on what's been happening.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u've gotta remember that we were using an antiquated version of wup when spoofing on 5.3.2 was possible. u were not given a percentage complete or any verification that an install had gone through. it was recommended u wait 2 minutes or so before disconnecting even though that length wasn't entirely necessary. if the install error'd, I don't believe u'd be notified either, so something may be wrong with wup installer. the new versions may not be equipped to install system titles. that's just a guess based on what's been happening.

WUP Installer Y Mod as the de facto way to do it with the Brazilian method, which is that iAqua recommended, but something is amiss here, and clearly no one is able to install. So yeah, not cool.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I think would look like after downloading just the version ticket that everyone will need for spoofing.
34hdgyw.jpg

This was done using the good old NUSGrabber software released at the very beginning when downloading updates for games. Although I have not tried to install it yet, as I am currently busy with other things.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's how it looks. But the installation doesn't work.

Yes, everyone who has tried this has had no success. Hate to say it, and no offense to the guide, but it just doesn't install. At all.

@iAqua, installing the spoof doesn't work, I repeat, installing it does not work. Numerous users have reported Wup Y mod not allowing it to install. May be boned.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

lets see who is using what version of wup. ( i mean like wupinstaller default or wup y mod or wup installer channel) it could be possible that you have to use the orignal wupinstaller for this I'm currently trying that now as we speak I'm using channel version.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, everyone who has tried this has had no success. Hate to say it, and no offense to the guide, but it just doesn't install. At all.

@iAqua, installing the spoof doesn't work, I repeat, installing it does not work. Numerous users have reported Wup Y mod not allowing it to install. May be boned.
It's downloading a title, it's not a fault of the guide at all, grab a unwhitelisted version of wupinstaller and try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...