Square Enix to fix Chrono Cross remaster's framerate issues over a year after release

asddsadsadas.png

When Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers was released in April of last year, it was lambasted by many, due to major framerate issues that saw the game perform worse on PlayStation 4 than it did in the original PlayStation 1 version. The remaster also suffered input lag across all versions, on PC, Switch, Xbox One, and PS4. However, nearly a year after its release, Square Enix will be issuing a bugfix patch that aims to fix all these problems. They've announced that a patch for Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers will be out by the end of this month.

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder about the extent of the framerate fixes.

Part of the FPS issues are intrinsic of the original game. In the Playstation 1 the performance dipped regularly. You can make the frame rate rise over 30fps, up to 60fps, by overclocking the emulated CPU... but that creates timing issues, like with the menus.

Another part of the problem are Square-enix improvements (new 3DS models, filtered backgrounds...) that tanked the performance.

I wish the company fixed both issues and give us a 60fps remaster worth of the year we live on... But I expect much less from them, like fixing only the issue they created.

I'm waiting for someone, SE or fans, to give this game the same treatment modders did for Final Fantasy IX (Moguri's Mod). Who knows for how long I'll have to wait.

Reactions: osaka35

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suppose many already stopped bothering about this remaster in the meantime and just switched back to the original. Convincing them to play this after it gets fixed won't be easy...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. 'm looking forward to playing it again. When does the update drop?
Post automatically merged:

It doesn't even seem like it's been out a year.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: k7ra

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, was there an update to the emulator they used? or maybe they updated some of the settings of the emulator? oh, or wouldn't it be cool if they changed the settings of the emulator for each specific console? nah, sounds like a bit too much effort for squeenix though.

it's fine. I've been emulating this game for a long time, but it's nice to have on consoles too. won't say no to updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok