'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed' launches on the Nintendo Switch today

star wards FA.JPG

The Nintendo Wii edition of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed launches on the Nintendo Switch today with Joy-Con support for motion controls.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a riveting untold story set in the time between Star Wars™ Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars™ Episode IV: A New Hope. Join the dark side and dive into a thrilling saga with devastating lightsaber combos, fierce multiplayer Duels, and support for Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ motion controls.

Key features of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed include:
  • Play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice and destroy all who stand in your way on your quest to serve Lord Vader.
  • Unleash epic Force powers and lightsaber combos with optional Nintendo Switch Joy-Con motion controls.
  • Battle your friends in local multiplayer Duel Mode to determine the galaxy’s most powerful Jedi, with 27 characters to choose from!
  • Travel the Star Wars galaxy and defeat powerful Jedi Masters across a variety of iconic locations, including Cloud City, the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk, the floral planet Felucia, and the junk world of Raxus Prime.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is available today on the Nintendo Switch eShop for $19.99; and a physical Standard, Premium and Master editions are planned in partnership with Aspyr, Lucasfilm Games and Limited Run Games. Both the Premium and Master editions include exclusive collectible items and are available to pre-order now on the Limited Run Games online store.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found this game quite fun on the Wii, as a kid; one of the few games that wasn't utterly unplayable due to borked motion controls.
I just hope this is playable with a Pro Controller, now.
For real, does anyone know if this is playable WITHOUT motion controls ?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imported from PS3. If Nintendo Switch was released at the same time as PS3 instead and against PS3 then it would be very popular. SKIP!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This was my favorite Wii game and I'm glad they used this version for the Switch. They could have used higher textures but they want quick money so I'm not really surprised.
I hope this runs nice on yuzu on the Steam Deck. If so, I can enjoy literally every available version on it once I get it. :D

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So this is the weak / crap version of the game compared to what it was on the ps3/360... No thanks not wasting cash on this 🙈
That is really the awful version with uneven design, crappy force physics, broken 60FPS on PC and clunky controls.

Krome's is the version you want to play all the way. It has the best force gameplay of any Star Wars game so far and it is a joy to play. It has "worse" graphics, but far better design.

And of course it has motion controls, which is what you want, in order to translate those to the Joycons. Which is probably the only selling point of the game in 2022.

Reactions: weatMod

ethar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Krome is the name of the studio that made the PS2/Wii/PSP version of the game, which is a completely different game than the PS3/X360/PC version.
Ahhh... these times... I remember when I tried play in Wolverine Origins on PS2 and that was completly diffrent game from PS3 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc...