Homebrew Question stargate nx

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's pretty dumb. I wonder if they will make that happen... PDF says it could come to other CFW, and when I used the contact form they were pretty coy about it; they didn't reject the idea outright. I would say "here's hoping" - but I think everyone here is hoping they go down in flames lol

I have the full reviewer license and the shit is working nice for me (though now I want ARK...), is anyone really testing the trial?

i got access to it, but again SXOS license is whats holding me back from testing and sniffing....

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the discussion in this thread, please let us not derail. StargateNX is a highly illegal tool so please remember not to post any links to that service and do not make its promotion. We believe it would be useless to completely ban the word from our forums because people will hear about it some other way.
While I agree with this decision, it feels different to how we usually deal with piracy places, like Emuparadise for example. (They don't do ROMs anymore, so I don't see why I can't say the name, please censor bar me if it's still off-limits) If anyone had said the word 'Emuparadise', they'd have been shut down. I like this version, that you can't link to it but still mention it, but it'd be cool if we could have consistency on the issue of things we can't do/say.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a hunch but StargateNX most likely gets a pass due to it being paid-for unlike 99% of warez sites.
That makes it worse. Spreading warez, as ethically debatable as it may be, is still donating your experience and time to your community. These people are profiting off of the work of others, like that seedy fucker down the street who sells burned DVDs of new movies. They should be held up as even worse examples of what we're trying to avoid.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
While I agree with this decision, it feels different to how we usually deal with piracy places, like Emuparadise for example. (They don't do ROMs anymore, so I don't see why I can't say the name, please censor bar me if it's still off-limits) If anyone had said the word 'Emuparadise', they'd have been shut down. I like this version, that you can't link to it but still mention it, but it'd be cool if we could have consistency on the issue of things we can't do/say.
I know, this is something that we have recently clarified with the mod staff:
- links to these sites are strictly forbidden
- mentioning these sites with the intent to promote them (like "hey go get your roms at <rom site name here>") is forbidden too
- but mentions these sites in an appropriate context, such as the one in this thread for example, are not forbidden.

The bottom line is: we dont want to condone or encourage piracy, but we also don't want to uselessly censor all discussion and debate.

The line is thin so don't get mad at mods if they overmoderate. If you think you have been unfairly punished please report to a supervisor and you'll be listened to.

This is just a hunch but StargateNX most likely gets a pass due to it being paid-for unlike 99% of warez sites.
False (see message above) thanks for not spreading incorrect information :)

The reality of things is we have a large staff team of volunteers who do their best to keep the forums clean. We try to clarify the rules as much as possible but some such as this one are still subject to arbitrary interpretation. It's possible that the interpretation of one particular mod doesn't match with that of another. These things happen which is why the staff watches out for each other, we regulate each other to make sure we all stay on the same tune.

Last edited by Costello,

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The initial tinfoil dz(sx installer) featured a link to cdn access where you could download all 2tb of games that existed at the time.
Some devs do have access to unlocked cdn that is kept private for reasons.
But i do doubt this restricted cdn access is being used for fartgate

Last edited by Don Jon,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: It appears they might be proxying to the servers

upload_2019-2-8_18-32-53.png

I will be keeping a close eye on this with though to bring as much information out as I can

Last edited by Adran_Marit,
Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Update: It appears they might be proxying to the servers

View attachment 157328

I will be keeping a close eye on this with though to bring as much information out as I can
Proxying to the servers? That feels a bit unsafe. Would be crap if something might slip by and your Switch gets banned.
People, don't use this service!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Proxying to the servers? That feels a bit unsafe. Would be crap if something might slip by and your Switch gets banned.
People, don't use this service!

that's what it looks like, people who are using SXOS should have stealth mode enabled, me and the tester are trying to get the connection going to see if we can sniff out any more details

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
that's what it looks like, people who are using SXOS should have stealth mode enabled, me and the tester are trying to get the connection going to see if we can sniff out any more details
I just can't... yeah keep dumping the info. I would be intrested to see what data is being sent/recived.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44