Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arctic said:
tehnoobshow said:
Arctic said:
This topic isn't going to get anywhere good.

Nobody has done anything wrong yet, but I think I should remind everyone of this rule.
rules said:
Please show respect for all members at GBAtemp; new or old. Disparaging remarks towards others about race, gender, origin, handicap, age, sexual orientation, personal politics and religion will NOT be tolerated and will most likely be removed by staff. The poster will then be warned, suspended or banned (see the Warnings section below for more information on warnings).

wow your making it out like all of us are racist douche bags....
angry.gif
Well, I've seen how some of these topics turn out... Hopefully everyone will keep cool in here.
yay.gif
well im sure everything will be ok as long as we have rule abiding peeps like you to help us in our hour of need
smileipb2.png

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just ignore it, don't allow it to piss you off, or at least don't express this anger. Obviously they mention these things with the intention of stirring you up, so if they can't do this they won't see a reason to continue doing it.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
tehnoobshow said:
um by stereotypes im referring to those who immediately point the finger at muslims and suggest that we are all terrorists

we live in a messed up world

so you can't blame some ppl for their stupidity

ppl are ppl - you can't change that

i get called a terrorist i just pass on, like i couldn't care less, not gna make a difference is it ?
i was once talking with some guys about sexuality in my campus's cafeteria
and some stupid bitch once decided to come up behind me and "help me get over my fear of girls" when i said i was homosexual
hahaha

that's just the problem, some people are stupid and narrow minded

i hope nobody on the temp gets any physical abuse for their conviction... :/

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people in western cultures do not truly realise how many Muslims there are in the world. Living in a western society you see a Muslim as being part of a minority group. It is hard to hard to shake this perception even when you start to correctly think of the numbers in play. When terror attacks are linked to Muslims by the media, and given the incorrect perception of Muslims as a minority group, every Muslim suddenly becomes a potential terrorist.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
tehnoobshow said:
um by stereotypes im referring to those who immediately point the finger at muslims and suggest that we are all terrorists

Well that one is both simple and complicated. The simple answer is alot of that boils down to ignorance, paranoia, propaganda and for some just plain racism. The complicated answer is a mixture of what's written in the Qu'ran, what's written in the Sunnah/Hadith, the concept of the Islamic Ummah and many other things. Although the complicated answer holds true for very few people, and usually it's just a case of the simple answer.
there is such much propaganda and ignorance its unbelievable that people can be so idiotic

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I'll admit, I really don't know much about Muslims or Islam in general, but I'm smart enough to know that the "Mujahideen" are a radical group and do not speak or act for all of Islam.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
Many people in western cultures do not truly realise how many Muslims there are in the world. Living in a western society you see a Muslim as being part of a minority group. It is hard to hard to shake this perception even when you start to correctly think of the numbers in play. When terror attacks are linked to Muslims by the media, and given the incorrect perception of Muslims as a minority group, every Muslim suddenly becomes a potential terrorist.
its like everyone is so judgemental

Posts merged

QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Oct 8 2010, 09:30 PM) I'll admit, I really don't know much about Muslims or Islam in general, but I'm smart enough to know that the "Mujahideen" are a radical group and do not speak or act for all of Islam.
yeh pretty much a bunch of radicalists

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Advi said:
Arctic said:

Nobody has done anything wrong yet, but I think I should remind everyone of this rule.
rules said:
Please show respect for all members at GBAtemp; new or old. Disparaging remarks towards others about race, gender, origin, handicap, age, sexual orientation, personal politics and religion will NOT be tolerated and will most likely be removed by staff. The poster will then be warned, suspended or banned (see the Warnings section below for more information on warnings).
you say it like anybody on gbatemp is actually racist, this isn't stormfront

and let me just say that i don't see much racism towards muslims anymore as with in 2001 *cough cough*
does anybody personally see much racist activity where they live?

Yes to an absurd extreme. My wife and I were walking out of best buy and a 4 year old girl called an Indian a Rag one day and Muslims in my area are always getting beat up and they call it "Have you kicked a Paki today?" on top of that my good friends house (they are Indian but Hindu) got burnt to the ground by the local KKK because he protested his son getting beat up at school by the local klan leader's kid for talking in his native language. I live in a big city in the Northern part of the US so its not the South and not a small town thing.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elmoreas said:
Advi said:
Arctic said:

rules said:

and let me just say that i don't see much racism towards muslims anymore as with in 2001 *cough cough*

Yes to an absurd extreme. My wife and I were walking out of best buy and a 4 year old girl called an Indian a Rag one day and Muslims in my area are always getting beat up and they call it "Have you kicked a Paki today?" on top of that my good friends house (they are Indian but Hindu) got burnt to the ground by the local KKK because he protested his son getting beat up at school by the local klan leader's kid for talking in his native language. I live in a big city in the Northern part of the US so its not the South and not a small town thing.
whoa that is quite the extreme
i never thought sumin like that wud happen........thats deep

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think one of the bigger reasons why Islam is being portrayed negatively is because Christians see them as competition. You hear them going on about how the Muslims want to convert the world to their religion and force it onto everyone through law. This is, of course, the exact goal of Christianity as well.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im from germany, and we dont have that much problems with muslims being terrorists or not.

we have a far bigger problem with integration. that is, they dont want to learn the language, they dont want to integrate, they dont want to accept the fact that hitting your children (yes, even spanking) is basically a crime here, they basically dont want to live with us german non-muslims and they dont even want to accept that they moved here, to us, and should, because of that, at least abide our rules.

Ive met my share of muslims and even though it sounds like a bad cliché, there's a serious problem here with muslims just ignoring some basic rules when they come to live in another country where the majority are not muslims.

they go around insulting people for being white, for being christian, for actually going out of their way to help them with things they apparently cant deal with themselves, like learing a god damn language (you can say, they basically only learn the parts necessary to insult other people around here)
and god, there are so many of them that just wont quit. they keep coming back, insulting people more, and the second you actually retaliate, the moment you say fuck your mom right back or i dont care about mohamed, they start to wail on you. in groups of course.
they want you to insult them so they can dish out the pain. they love that. the young ones at least. though thats basic gang behaviour, younger muslims here adapted to that rather quickly.

its a shame really. i know not all muslims are like that, but many of them in the area i live in are. and the problem usually starts the moment 2 muslim families live near each other (or like, a cousins family moves to the same area) because at that moment, they suddenly feel watched. and when they feel watched, god, they start to act like the absolute cliché of anti-muslim propaganda, with the whole koran, the whole alah stuff and all the hate on other religions. Like, the moment another muslim family that might know anyone back in the country they came from, they suddenly cant talk nicely to any of the friends they made here anymore. its sad, really.
cant speak no normal sentence with them anymore the second another part of the family arrives.

and while a lot of them are so much against everything our country has to offer for well behaved and well integrated citizens, they really do love the social welfare thing and at times, it feels hard to believe that they moved here for any other reasons.

the way those people behave just cant do anything but get you mad.
again, only speaking for those i know around here. but the thing is, just because there are muslims that totally fit in, that accept that not everyone follows the word of muhamed or whatever they believe in, that dont go around harassing others in huge group, just because those nice muslims exist, doesnt make it ok for the others to be there and messing around like complete fools.
if people would start to see the difference between muslims that behave correctly, and muslims that dont (or any other group of people that has the same basic setup of well integrated people and idiotic idiots) things would go a lot smoother. because you could send away one group without getting the whole bunch rilled up

im not proud of it, but in the last years, my opinion about people from other countrys got rather... harsh? atm im all like this: Either they behave, or they should leave again. Actually, be made to leave.
But then, noone cares about behaviour, cause its a minority and if you throw out the guy who assaults a teenager because he send his daughter a perfectly fine love letter, you dont throw out the guy who assaults a harmless poor teenager in love, you throw out the whole minority. and we cant have that here.
bad enough that we still havent gotten over the whole hitler thing.

gosh, i could go on ranting about misbehaving people so much. sorry to say that your religious brothers and sisters (its mainly the brothers though... really, the sisters kinda suffer...) over here really aren't making you look good. and they dont even need terrorism for that.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The extremist also use fear as a weapon. Peoples fear flames prejudices and fuels hatred. People will strike back because of that fear and, as you are well aware, the object being targeted, the general Muslim community, couldn't be further from being incorrect.

Just look at the shit storm created by the mosque in New York. The Muslim community in New York lost just as many people in the attacks as anyone else yet the hatred from the trade centres is still being targeted directly at them.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elmoreas said:
Advi said:
Arctic said:

rules said:

By any chance, do you live in the Pacific NW, if so you got the group wrong, I think you mean the neo nazis. I read some paper around the area years ago and they tend to do that sometimes around Oregon and Washington.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
I'll admit, I really don't know much about Muslims or Islam in general, but I'm smart enough to know that the "Mujahideen" are a radical group and do not speak or act for all of Islam.

you wont even imagine how disgusted i even am at my religion when i see such things

its not even funny how ppl can misinterpret things

and yes that is correct; no such thing is advocated by muslims; as in go fight, kill non believers and go to heaven.

which is the concept of jihad; which is also miss understood

i will admit that i've yet to understand that concept myself properly either; whatever it is, i can assure you that all these groups you see on TV just piss us off more than you think: its not as if we like to see some planes or some soldiers getting blown up any kind of accomplishment

heck i feel ashamed when i see such things

islam is a religion of peace ; which is something that ppl dnt see often unfortunately; not that it doesn't happen but for some reason the bad side of things is always shown

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blood Fetish said:
I think one of the bigger reasons why Islam is being portrayed negatively is because Christians see them as competition. You hear them going on about how the Muslims want to convert the world to their religion and force it onto everyone through law. This is, of course, the exact goal of Christianity as well.
thats one theory

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
TwinRetro said:

you wont even imagine how disgusted i even am at my religion when i see such things

its not even funny how ppl can misinterpret things

and yes that is correct; no such thing is advocated for muslims

there is the concept of jihad; which is also mis understood

i will admit that i've yet to understand that concept myself properly either; whatever it is, i can assure you that all these groups you see on TV just piss us off more than we do: its not as if we see some planes or some soldiers getting blowed up and kind of accomplishment

heck i fell ashamed when i see such things

islam is a religion of peace ; which is something that ppl dnt see often unfortunately; not that it doesn't happen but for some reason the bad side of things is always shown
its actually quite shameful and i fell really ashamed about those kinda of things

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my views, terrorists are not muslims. Killing of innocent people is forbidden. They just use the Qu'ran as an excuse to kill innocent people. They aren't justified in anyway. Yet, when somebody's muslim, many braindead idiots stereotype them as supporting the terrorists or being one themselves. I'm muslim, yet I am completely against any kind of terrorism which involves the murder of innocent people, or murder at all for that matter.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No I live East of the Mississippi, and trust me it was the klan the caught and prosecuted the guy and he is in jail for arson and attempted murder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1