Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arctic said:
Advi said:
Arctic said:
This topic isn't going to get anywhere good.

Nobody has done anything wrong yet, but I think I should remind everyone of this rule.
rules said:
Please show respect for all members at GBAtemp; new or old. Disparaging remarks towards others about race, gender, origin, handicap, age, sexual orientation, personal politics and religion will NOT be tolerated and will most likely be removed by staff. The poster will then be warned, suspended or banned (see the Warnings section below for more information on warnings).
you say it like anybody on gbatemp is actually racist, this isn't stormfront

and let me just say that i don't see much racism towards muslims anymore as with in 2001 *cough cough*
does anybody personally see much racist activity where they live?
Well, I don't think we have any really racist people here, but sometimes when people get upset with something they say things they don't mean and should say.
wink.gif

Also, this topic hit five pages in half an hour. Seems like a lot of people care.
smile.gif
i thought as much bcuz its a sensitive issue and one of which i strongly care about

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
In my views, terrorists are not muslims. Killing of innocent people is forbidden. They just use the Qu'ran as an excuse to kill innocent people. They aren't justified in anyway. Yet, when somebody's muslim, many braindead idiots stereotype them as supporting the terrorists or being one themselves. I'm muslim, yet I am completely against any kind of terrorism which involves the murder of innocent people, or murder at all for that matter.
thank you arslan

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tehnoobshow said:
there is such much propaganda and ignorance its unbelievable that people can be so idiotic

I agree. You also have to remember that we're at war with an Islamic nation. Therefore the government (and other members of the Coalition Forces) has to portray them as evil in order to justify continuing the war. If the people didn't feel threatened then there'd be no justification for the war. It's basically the reason they went for the WMD spin in Iraq instead of using the genocide and torture than Saddam was committing. Most of Western society really didn't care so wouldn't have backed sending the troops in for it, dying from an attack generally provokes the survival instinct though.

Another problem I think is the use of the term "Islamic Terrorism", it generally makes people believe that the acts of terrorism are being done in the name of Islam and for the promotion of Islam. There have been very few cases of actual Islamic terrorism, most attacks have been because of war (Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine etc) rather than the promotion of Islam itself. Acts like 9/11 and 7/7 should simply be referred to as a terrorist attack rather than an act of Islamic terrorism.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blood Fetish said:
Define "innocent".
I'll assume your talking to me. Well that's hard to define. I would say somebody who's simply a bystander and has nothing do with how the country runs. But then again, I don't think murders ever right, although I do believe in blood for blood.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
What I have found is that Middle eastern people of all origins are (In the US at least) are either very nice, or they are very rude and abrupt. It seems there is no middle ground. I wonder if is a cultural or regional thing that contributes to this...

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
What people don't understand that concepts like Holy war were actually reasonable when these religions were founded.

jihad was never practiced during the islamic conquest

which again ppl take an idea that "islam was spread by the sword" as i hear it often

the spread of islam was systematic

was done through converts and it wasn't that non-believers were killed on the spot, they just had to pay taxes or got exiled.

later on in the reign of the many caliphs, i personally believe that the many concepts of islam got distorted and abused - the fact that muslims started killing each other is a big "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm" for me ; which is one of the many things that you should not do in the faith.

wont go into details, took all this stuff in some course last semester; i really glad i did just saying its general lack of knowledge that ppl have that fuel this whole mess.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
tehnoobshow said:
there is such much propaganda and ignorance its unbelievable that people can be so idiotic

I agree. You also have to remember that we're at war with an Islamic nation. Therefore the government (and other members of the Coalition Forces) has to portray them as evil in order to justify continuing the war. If the people didn't feel threatened then there'd be no justification for the war. It's basically the reason they went for the WMD spin in Iraq instead of using the genocide and torture than Saddam was committing. Most of Western society really didn't care so wouldn't have backed sending the troops in for it, dying from an attack generally provokes the survival instinct though.

Another problem I think is the use of the term "Islamic Terrorism", it generally makes people believe that the acts of terrorism are being done in the name of Islam and for the promotion of Islam. There have been very few cases of actual Islamic terrorism, most attacks have been because of war (Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine etc) rather than the promotion of Islam itself. Acts like 9/11 and 7/7 should simply be referred to as a terrorist attack rather than an act of Islamic terrorism.
thats very true and i get pissed when people say islamic terrorism

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tehnoobshow said:
thats very true and i get pissed when people say islamic terrorism

I wouldn't go that far. I get angry when the term is mis-used, but there have been occasions in modern history where terrorist acts have been committed in the name of Islam itself. Look up the history of the film "Mohammed:The Messenger of God" for a good example.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blood Fetish said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
I don't think murders ever right, although I do believe in blood for blood.
That seems like a contradiction to me.
To simplify, if someone murders a fellow a human being without good reason (And I mean GOOD reason) then he deserves to die. Otherwise, humans should never murder each other.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Blood Fetish said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
I don't think murders ever right, although I do believe in blood for blood.
To simplify, if someone murders a fellow a human being without good reason (And I mean GOOD reason) then he deserves to die. Otherwise, humans should never murder each other.
"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
with all due respect, it is this principle in and of itself is why assholes hate muslims, retaliation out of fear
bigots will take any excuse they can to belittle those other than themselves

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
And you believe that killing someone because they killed someone else is a "GOOD" reason?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Blood Fetish said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
And you believe that killing someone because they killed someone else is a "GOOD" reason?

It is in Texas! Yeehaw!

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Advi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Blood Fetish said:

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
with all due respect, it is this principle in and of itself is why assholes hate muslims, retaliation out of fear
bigots will take any excuse they can to belittle those other than themselves

Ah ha! I said blood for blood, not eye for eye.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Blood Fetish @ Oct 8 2010, 08:59 PM) QUOTE(BobTheJoeBob @ Oct 8 2010, 10:58 PM)
Uhhh, yeah. I do also believe if the closest relative of the victim, genuinely forgives the Murderer, then the murderer shouldn't be killed. (still put in jail) And you shouldn't take the blood for blood law into your own hands.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:

Do you believe in the whole Sharia justice and penal system as laid down in the Qu'ran?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P