Hacking Still no Super Mario RPG Wad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the working NTSC channel off joh's, i replaced the manual with blank one and used modified 000004.app to take out the button for it, and took it down to 49 blocks, thats not bad!

also i dont know if theres a way to do this, but anyway to get rid of the blue popup i see on my wii when i open the channel that says "this channel runs in 60hz mode 480i or 480p"? on NTSC ive never seen that on any channel before lol.

P.S Thanks to all who helped and got this working! one of my fav games for a classic
biggrin.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
What "hard" hack version of SMRPG are you talking about, skawo96?

And to RadioShadow, please swing by #0RANGECHiCKEN on EFNET sometime, if you could. We'd like to talk to you.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
bobitos said:

And to RadioShadow, please swing by #0RANGECHiCKEN on EFNET sometime, if you could. We'd like to talk to you.
There is a hack of Mario RPG that doubles every enemy stat.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Would it be possible to inject "hard" hack version of SMRPG?

It can but it has to be the same Game ID for now which will overwrite the original. But I'm looking at a solution to make it store as a separate channel.

Skater4599 said:
got the working NTSC channel off joh's, i replaced the manual with blank one and used modified 000004.app to take out the button for it, and took it down to 49 blocks, thats not bad!

also i dont know if theres a way to do this, but anyway to get rid of the blue popup i see on my wii when i open the channel that says "this channel runs in 60hz mode 480i or 480p"? on NTSC ive never seen that on any channel before lol.

P.S Thanks to all who helped and got this working! one of my fav games for a classic
biggrin.gif

The reason it's there is because Europe living in a world of shitty PAL, all the VC games that are downloaded are in their original 50HZ option (BOO). Except, for the special imports like Super Mario RPG run in their original 60HZ so to remind PAL users their TV must have PAL 60 in their TV (which a lot do nowadays) in order to run the VC Game, that special box appears.

In order to remove that, you're best bet is to make a custom 00000000.app. I can easily make one but the title would have to be called 'Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars' below the picture (until HowdyD releases a tool to allow longer names).

QUOTE(bobitos @ Aug 23 2008, 07:43 AM)

http://smrpgsecrets.tripod.com/hacks.html

The Hard Hack I think he is referring to is the one where the enemies have double health and attack.

I'm at work today and busy this afternoon but I'll 'swing' round #0RANGECHiCKEN on EFNET this Sunday in the afternoon GMT.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to remap the buttons for this game? It's pretty awkward to hold the Y button on the GameCube controller and trying to time your jumps with it. (not to mention the buttons aren't as intuitive anymore in battle)

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Anorhc said:
Is there any way to remap the buttons for this game? It's pretty awkward to hold the Y button on the GameCube controller and trying to time your jumps with it. (not to mention the buttons aren't as intuitive anymore in battle)
Buy Classic Controller if you want to play SNES VC games/useSnes9X

And yes, I mean that hack.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha. There is no way I'm forking over money for another peripheral. I'm poor enough as it is with 4 controllers with nunchuck attachments. I'll put up with it, thanks.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
I didnt test it with the italian translation, but probably yes.

However... i tried with "Kirby Super Star" and DB hyper D and didnt work...

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sr_corsario said:

Try the European Version of Super Star Kirby's Fun Pack and see if that work it's possible.

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TrapperKeeperX said:
sr_corsario said:

Try the European Version of Super Star Kirby's Fun Pack and see if that work it's possible.

No it's not possible to inject Kirby Super Star! It doesn't work!

I tried it before a minute and tested it, but after the "Classic Controller is required"-Screens it hangs up!
frown.gif

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I didn't read through 30+ pages, but is there a working NTSC WAD out there (US release, original screen as startup, normal chime, etc)? I'd gladly buy this game from teh VC but for some reason Nintendo doesn't want to put it up...

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
nintendough said:
Sorry I didn't read through 30+ pages, but is there a working NTSC WAD out there (US release, original screen as startup, normal chime, etc)? I'd gladly buy this game from teh VC but for some reason Nintendo doesn't want to put it up...
Yes. Read.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, there is a NTSC U (english), PAL (english), and NTSC J (japanese) release. It's done. I haven't played that much, but I just go past Tadpole Swamp or whatever it's called.

DO NOT TRY TO VIEW THE OPERATIONS GUIDE (e-manual). IT WILL CRASH YOUR GAME AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CURRENT SAVE.

By current save, I mean, all saves since the last boot up will be lost. If you REALLY want to try it, save the game by jumping on a save box, exit the game, copy your save game over to your SD card, then go back into game, and try to look at the e-manual. It'll crash... black screen. You have to hold the power button in to reset the Wii.

End of topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...