Homebrew Streetpass Mii Plaza Puzzle Swap Save Editor

ComputerConnor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Will make an editor for it incorporated into the main editor within this day.

Edit: Done. Added Warrior's Way editor on Version 1.0.

They won't still won't show up as the spotpass data for the corresponding puzzle panel is missing.

Sadly, no. To access the file needed, you need to have Arm9 access (That's what I know, at least. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
How do you do the offsets?

DwarfWarden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a conundrum: I made sure to get all updates and messages for Puzzle Swap. I used JKSM and then unlocked every puzzle piece. I go into Puzzle Swap and see it lists I have all the pieces (1652/1652). I can view all puzzles in their completed forms.

So I turn on my other 3DS, which is 100% legitimate untampered. I figure I can get those pink puzzle pieces on my legit 3DS using this method, but unfortunately when I go to pick some pieces it says "No new pieces". So I can only *view* the pieces on my CFW 3DS but somewhere in the files I guess it doesn't actually contain the data for the pieces? How can I get this CFW 3DS to send out those pink puzzle pieces to people who need them?

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a conundrum: I made sure to get all updates and messages for Puzzle Swap. I used JKSM and then unlocked every puzzle piece. I go into Puzzle Swap and see it lists I have all the pieces (1652/1652). I can view all puzzles in their completed forms.

So I turn on my other 3DS, which is 100% legitimate untampered. I figure I can get those pink puzzle pieces on my legit 3DS using this method, but unfortunately when I go to pick some pieces it says "No new pieces". So I can only *view* the pieces on my CFW 3DS but somewhere in the files I guess it doesn't actually contain the data for the pieces? How can I get this CFW 3DS to send out those pink puzzle pieces to people who need them?
Stay far from mii plaza with cfw, much more to send stuff. Best way to get banned

DwarfWarden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay far from mii plaza with cfw, much more to send stuff. Best way to get banned
.....isn't this exact program designed exclusively for CFW???

It's not like I'm downloading/uploading/playing online with this, I'm just streetpassing my other 3DS.

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
.....isn't this exact program designed exclusively for CFW???

It's not like I'm downloading/uploading/playing online with this, I'm just streetpassing my other 3DS.
It obiouvsly is. The goal is to open mii plaza, apply the cheat for yourself and gtfo. No interaction. Streetpass relies on sharing. Share with a cfw opens you to a ban, that"s why when a game ask if you want to activate spotpass/streetpass the answer must be always NO. Online will work regardless, why risk?
  1. Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
  2. Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
  3. Exit the System Settings
  4. Go to your Friend List (the orange Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
    • If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend List setting is either already disabled or your console cannot connect to Nintendo’s servers (due to a ban or connection issues)
  5. Go to the Friend List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
  6. Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
  7. Exit your Friend List

DwarfWarden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EQQ said:
It obiouvsly is. The goal is to open mii plaza, apply the cheat for yourself and gtfo. No interaction. Streetpass relies on sharing. Share with a cfw opens you to a ban, that"s why when a game ask if you want to activate spotpass/streetpass the answer must be always NO. Online will work regardless, why risk?

I cut out all those steps from the quote to reduce post size but I've already done them, did them immediately after I put CFW on the thing. I just question whether or not Nintendo actually bans literally every system that has ever accidentally streetpassed with a CFW system, to me that like IP banning an entire college from an inline game because one guy hacked on one account. And from what I've read even the hackers don't know exactly what Nintendo scans for. Still, if streetpassing is has been proven to do that I'll turn it off. Looks like I'll need another method of getting those pink tiles on my regular 3DS.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bull

Obtaining a piece (by any method imaginable) only tells Mii Plaza "I own the 17th piece, counted left to right then top to bottom, of the puzzle with serial number 27C3", and this is the very same information that is sent out via streetpass: if the receiving console doesn't already have the actual picture for puzzle 27C3 (region locked, limited time distribution, or simply it has spotpass disabled / its spotpass extdata was deleted or corrupted) it will just ignore it (if the pick-a-piece selector appeared due to having a mix of available and unavailable puzzles, those with missing data would appear as "???")

tl,dr turn off spotpass in the mii plaza settings of the receiving console, turn it back on, leave it in standby for a while so that it downloads the (currently available for your region) puzzles

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I cut out all those steps from the quote to reduce post size but I've already done them, did them immediately after I put CFW on the thing. I just question whether or not Nintendo actually bans literally every system that has ever accidentally streetpassed with a CFW system, to me that like IP banning an entire college from an inline game because one guy hacked on one account. And from what I've read even the hackers don't know exactly what Nintendo scans for. Still, if streetpassing is has been proven to do that I'll turn it off. Looks like I'll need another method of getting those pink tiles on my regular 3DS.
No, nintendo doesn't ban innocents who streetpassed a cfw, only the cfw console once streetpass and the online interaction begins, it's not related to ip. What we don't know is how to stop the console from sending certain informations and to not end up banned. That's why the steps on 3ds.guide about the ban wave
There have been reports of a wave of bans being handed out to CFW users by Nintendo. To protect yourself, please do the following steps before starting this guide:

1. Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
  2. Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
  3. Exit the System Settings
  4. Go to your Friend List (the orange Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
    • If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend List setting is either already disabled or your console cannot connect to Nintendo’s servers (due to a ban or connection issues)
  5. Go to the Friend List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
  6. Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
  7. Exit your Friend List
are obligatory and never use spotpass on any game plus choose no when a game at start ask if "you want to send to nintendo informations...etc" , reminding you you can change that choice later. Which is, guess, spotpass on/off.
And delete/never create a nnid, it logs everything=instaban once an homebrew/non nintendo released or not owned content is used, translated cias included
Again i would remind the goal of this thread which is personal gain not sharing infos/streetpass
Is it now.

Last edited by EQQ,

rebeltaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.RobotsAndComputers.com
XP
Country
United States
I have run update on Mii Plaza (5.0) and I am running JKSM 6/30/2016

When I go to System Titles, I only have:

???
E
vity Log
* * E
bo Settings

with a lot of blank lines in between each entry. Can someone help tell me what I am doing wrong?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have run update on Mii Plaza (5.0) and I am running JKSM 6/30/2016

When I go to System Titles, I only have:

???
E
vity Log
* * E
bo Settings

with a lot of blank lines in between each entry. Can someone help tell me what I am doing wrong?
Probably JKSV being confused by a title with weird characters and/or a corrupted database (delete the 2 files in JKSV's base folder)?
In any case this is a problem with JKSV, not this editor

Iispoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What if we apply this hack and not have a CFW? Would we still get banned?

StopLight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE: Culdcept Revolt and Metroid Prime Federation Force puzzles
This tool will probably never never updated. So for the last 2 puzzles, you have to use the original Hex editor method on the meet.dat file. You must install CFW in order to do this because there is no other way to get access to the system file.

You have to change the 00 values manually.
These are the offsets and what you should set them to to unlock the full puzzles:
- Culdcept Revolt
463D0 - FF
463D1 - FE

- Metroid Prime Federation Force
46414 - FF
46415 - FE

-----------In case you were wondering how it works------------
You don't have to complete the puzzle by setting the values to FF or FE. You can select any specific pieces you want. Each set of 8 pieces is 1 bit in an 8-bit block that is converted to hexadecimal, and that value is entered into the offset. Read the rows from top to bottom and left to right. The 40 piece puzzles use 5 slots, 1 row per slot. For the 15 and 24 piece puzzles, the blocks of 8-bits wrap to the next row, so 15 uses 2 slots and 24 uses 3 slots. The 15 piece puzzles use 2 8-bit blocks, but the second block only has 7 pieces, so the last bit will always be 0.

An empty row is 00000000 = 00
A full row is 11111111 = FF
Half a row is 00001111 = 0F or 11110000 = F0 or 00111100 = 3C or 01101001 = 69 or 10100101 = A5 etc...
Set the 5 piece on and the rest off 00001000 = 08
In the 15 piece puzzles, a complete last row is 11111110 = FE

Even if you set the correct offsets for the European or Japanese puzzles, they will not unlock on a NA system.

cilo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After completing all the steps, I put my sd card back in my 3ds, opened the mii plaza, and it was the same as before I edited the save. How do I fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up