Super Mario Party won't be playable in handheld mode

If you were hoping to play Super Mario Party on your Nintendo Switch while on the go, or with a Switch Pro Controller, then you might have to put those plans on hold. The game just got its official website, and it specifies that players won't be able to experience the game in handheld mode at all--only TV or tabletop. This is due to the fact that the minigames require motion controls from the Joy-Cons. This also rules out using the Joy-Con grip, as well. Super Mario Party will launch on October 5th.

IMG_1590.jpg

:arrow: Source

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hasn't been a good Mario Party since Mario Party 4, this just continues to confirm that for me. Thanks Nintendo, now I don't even need to pirate the game to know it's gonna be bad!
I agree with you for the most part but Mario Party DS is great.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I wasn't even planning on playing this game to begin with, so it doesn't matter to me

Yet you click this thread & added a reply. Strange world we live in where we respond or look at things of no interest.

ON-Topic:- i don't mind much i play this kinda stuff with the family and friends, so all good here.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Huge opportunity missed. The primary selling point of the Switch is its portability, it was advertised specifically as a party machine that you can bust out anywhere to play with your friends. Mario Party seemed like a no-brainer portable mode game, I can't fathom why the feature would be disabled.

EDIT: Disregard the post, it works in tabletop which is perfectly sensible for this game.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time ive actually heard of tabletop mode. makes sense though mario party single player on the go would be difficult (motion controls and stuff) and mostly pointless in portable mode. but table top and tv mode make sense for a mostly multiplayer game

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Makes perfect sense tbh. You'd destroy your poor switch trying to do some minigames with the joycons attached.

Mario Party isn't exactly what i'd call a "portable" game. I did enjoy Mario Party DS, but playing on an actual TV with friends is way funner.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3ds just got a nice handheld mode game. I think it wont matter too much for the switch. Would be nice if we got another top 100 or all mario partt mini games dlc or second game though.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yet you click this thread & added a reply. Strange world we live in where we respond or look at things of no interest.
Yeah, and? I can choose to both not to want a game that has let me down several years in a row and vocalize it. The most recent Mario Party games were awful and I have extremely low hope for this game as well.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Yeah, and? I can choose to both not to want a game that has let me down several years in a row and vocalize it. The most recent Mario Party games were awful and I have extremely low hope for this game as well.

I guess it's the way of life these days to "vocalize" everything and anything, which is kinda why we have Facebook invented & everyone else having a 'need' for it, as everyone wants to "vocalize" everything to strangers as if it will matter or that they care/would do something about it for them. Who cares if you don't like something? build a bridge and move the fuck on.

Reactions: VitaType
D

Deleted User

If it works in tabletop mode, I see no problem with this. Besides, I can't really think of a good reason why anyone would bother playing Mario Party by themselves anyways.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Of course it won't be on handheld mode, all party games use motion controlls since the Wii.
And why the hell would someone want to play it solo? There is no fun on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjFtJPehxRU