Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Nov 1 - Roundup

Nintendo is getting right to the meat of things with its upcoming Super Smash Bros, as they've scheduled a 40-minute Direct focused on new information about the game. The remaining roster additions will be revealed here, as well as other game mode details. So let's see what we're in for.

Immediately, Street Fighter's Ken is shown as an Echo Fighter, and Pokemon's Incineroar are joining the fight. Incineroar's attacks focus on a lot of wrestling type moves. This brings the roster up to 74, with no further characters for the base game.

Before unlocking any characters in the game, players will start with seven to choose from, and will end up with 74 once they're finished recruiting every addition.

Just like with the previous Smash Bros. game, amiibo figures are being made for every fighter, with Young Link, Ken, Daisy, Ice Climbers, and more showing off what they'll look like.

The Spirits Mode was also shown, which entails certain differently powdered characters from Nintendo history giving fighters extra abilities, sort of like Super Smash Bros. Brawl's stickers, taken to a new level. An example of fighting against these is Fire Emblem's Owain being shown as a Spirit, which gives increased power to melee weapons, but also makes the enemy taunt a lot, like the character's personality. Or, with Mega Man's Guts Man, who will power up the enemy to not flinch easily, and use more grabs and throws than usual.

Additionally, these "spirits" will also be used to power up your added amiibo fighters.

This mode takes the place of previous Smash games offering tons of trophies from the represented Nintendo franchises.

The online mode will try to prioritize finding opponents that are nearby, and Nintendo recommends buying an Ethernet adapter for the Switch to get more stable connections.

You'll be able to specify certain rulesets for rooms online for matches. The Nintendo Online phone app will allow for voice chat, and a new app called Smash World will launch sometime after the game, which will focus on players sharing fun gameplay moments.

Spring Man from Arms, Tiki from Fire Emblem, Vince from Art Academy, Shadow the Hedgehog from Sonic, Akira from Virtual Fighter, and Street Fighter's Guile are all shown as assist trophies. This time, you can knock assist trophies off the map, giving you a chance to avoid getting hit by their attacks.

The Mii Fighter gets some brand new outfits to use, too, with a Splatoon set, an Arms set, a Chibi Robo costume, a Toy-Con set, and a Ray MkIII one all shown.

DLC has been confirmed for the game that will be out post launch. None of these will be Echo Fighters. Each piece of DLC will come with a song, character, and stage for $5.99. A season pass will be available called a Fighters Pass, which will offer all five of the scheduled DLC characters once they become available. All the characters won't be known yet, but the pass is $24.99.

The first of the DLC roster additions is the Piranha Plant, who will be free shortly after launch. The other five will follow by next year.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so one mechanic and online secondary mode and afew songs makes you dislike the game?

lol its like saying i idnt like zelda game because of one dungeon, ssbb was much more than one mechanic, some remixed songs and online, heck i can see online be about the same crap, nintendo still does not use dedicated servers even on paid subscription, also online was free back then :P

The game wasn't balanced that well, Metaknight was OP, Subspace Emissary was just OK, but it's just my opinion, I didn't like Brawl or Melee that much. If people can't deal with my opinions and views, that's not my problem. Only thing I liked about Brawl was modding the characters. Anyway.

It was slowed down to appease the casuals, didn't like that. Melee was too fast and it's overrated.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some free DLC without a time limit, like Splatoon, would have been nice.

That said, after this DLC, I hope he gets a long rest and then work on other series. *Cough* Kid Icarus *Cough*

Reactions: SagaP

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The game wasn't balanced that well, Metaknight was OP, Subspace Emissary was just OK, but it's just my opinion, I didn't like Brawl or Melee that much. If people can't deal with my opinions and views, that's not my problem. Only thing I liked about Brawl was modding the characters. Anyway.
so didnt like ssbm or ssbb what did you like? the original smash i guess? lol

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Sure its cool that they added the OLD characters, but if I really wanted them so bad i'd just play the older games. Just because there are alot of old characters doesnt mean its okay that we only got 9 characters and 4 of them are just clones

So what did YOU wanted? Whats missing so you can be satisfied? I dont understand

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So what did YOU wanted? Whats missing so you can be satisfied? I dont understand
i really just wanted a subspace emissary type of story mode, with side scrolling stages and so on, it was pretty damn fun, better than doing regular matches with power ups and items on a board and calling it adventure mode.

Reactions: DuoForce

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New content? If they would've added another wave of dlc to the wii u game this would literally be the same. Most characters are just model swaps with slight slight move changes. Most of the changes made in "ultimate" are cosmetic. Calling it "ultimate" is pretty misleading since its just a deluxe version of smash 4.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New content? If you would've added another wave of dlc to the wii u game this would literally be the same. Most characters are literally just model swaps with slight slight move changes. Most of the changes made in "ultimate" are cosmetic. Calling it "ultimate" is pretty misleading since its just a deluxe version of smash 4.

So don't buy it then. Problem solved. Sick of the whole "but it's just a port" BS, yeah yeah, we get it.

Reactions: zezzo

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Uh, hell no? I like Smash 4 and Ultimate.
lol so you only started to like smash on the 4 one? lol why would you even follow a game series if you dislike the original and 2 of its sequels?

also you cant like a game that hasn't been released yet, watching stuff and playing it its totally different.

Reactions: Justinde75

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol so you only started to like smash on the 4 one? lol why would you even follow a game series if you dislike the original and 2 of its sequels?

also you cant like a game that hasn't been released yet, watching stuff and playing it its totally different.

Whatever you say. So fucking what if I only liked Smash 4? Deal with it.

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they could have kept at least some of the fighters a secret until the game’s launch, that way they could just be gradually discovered by people over time. It seems like game trailers just reveal everything these days, especially Smash Infinite and Devil May Cry 5.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
New content? If they would've added another wave of dlc to the wii u game this would literally be the same. Most characters are just model swaps with slight slight move changes. Most of the changes made in "ultimate" are cosmetic. Calling it "ultimate" is pretty misleading since its just a deluxe version of smash 4.

New content like what? You dont say anything in particular.... You are getting new content; adventure mode, spirits, new characters, music, stages, assist trophies, etc etc

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you only like one game that has alot less content than the old ones why do you tell everybody how wrong they are?

Whatever you say. I stated my reasons for not like Melee or Brawl, how much more detail do I have to explain as to why I'm not a fan?

I don't know who's saltier, the people disappointed in the Direct, or those calling me out? Just back off already and leave me be.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New content like what? You dont say anything in particular.... You are getting new content; adventure mode, spirits, new characters, music, stages, assist trophies, etc etc
Only 5 new characters. I dont see assist trophies and the spirit thing as "content"
A wave of dlc for smash4 would do the exact same as this. They are just trying to sell the same game again

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 5 new characters. I dont see assist trophies and the spirit thing as "content"
A wave of dlc for smash4 would do the exact same as this. They are just trying to sell the same game again

And you're not forced to get any of it, are you? I don't see Sakurai pointing a gun.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whatever you say. I stated my reasons for not like Melee or Brawl, how much more detail do I have to explain as to why I'm not a fan?

I don't know who's saltier, the people disappointed in the Direct, or those calling me out? Just back off already and leave me be.
You are telling others that they are wrong but you cant handle when somebody else calls your opinion wrong? :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny