Supercard DSTWO+ confirmed

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I absolutely don't doubt you! lol I was a stupid kid, but my friend who got the Cyclo was a stupid kid!... I mean like, technology stupid, not regular stupid like I was

He probably had no idea how to update it which is why it never worked. I do remember it looking pretty.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And I absolutely don't doubt you! lol I was a stupid kid, but my friend who got the Cyclo was a stupid kid!... I mean like, technology stupid, not regular stupid like I was

He probably had no idea how to update it which is why it never worked. I do remember it looking pretty.
The Cyclo was the lamborghini of flashcards in the pre-dsi era.
It was far superior to the r4 and others until support was dropped. They tried to make a comeback with iEvo in the DSi era but couldn't keep up with the superior dstwo and support was dropped again.
Most people just bought acekards though because they were best money/quality wise.

That's the short story of it.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo was the lamborghini of flashcards in the pre-dsi era.
It was far superior to the r4 and others until support was dropped. They tried to make a comeback with iEvo in the DSi era but couldn't keep up with the superior dstwo and support was dropped again.
Most people just bought acekards though because they were best money/quality wise.

That's the short story of it.
It's a real shame he was the one with the card then. He apparently had no idea what he was doing :lol:

thelastlokean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are so many people making so many extreme claims regarding the DSTWO+? I've heard it said will only work on 3DS for the old firmware, 4.5... or people saying it couldn't possibly be true some of the things retailers have listed about it supporting all firmwares...

I think its safe to assume it is going to have a switch, that will change between two modes, one being for the 3DS and one being for the DS...

Why would they emulate the gateway and not immediately support up to 9.2 (what gateway currently supports up to?), further why would they even emulate the gateway? If I was making the design choices I would rather have a device that switches between being a DSTWO and a SKY3DS... It seems the supercard people try very hard to stay compatible with the most up to date firmware, from my understandings it will not be practical / easy for Nintendo to block the SKY3DS, especially if you use your own header/templates...

The DSTWO already has a beta version of Dingux emulator... If that was optimized and the DSTWO+ CPU was also upgraded, PSx and N64 emulation, along with everything a Dingoo can do could become reality... IMO they would be wise to use a CPU and layout that already has lots developed for it, then they could easily port tons of stuff over.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah haha some of the vendors are going ape shit with the claims they are making. I was in total disbelief of it existing at all until we got this official* word, but now I wait patiently to see what it really is, with my hopes set low as to not be disappointed.

That being said, I trust the SC team... they are solid and dedicated to their products. I hope it's some kind of dream come true, but we can only wait and see, right?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only works on 4.5 for 3ds games which kinda make it a waste of time. They should stop making flashcarts until they figured out how to make it work on the latest firmware or downgrade it.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only works on 4.5 for 3ds games which kinda make it a waste of time. They should stop making flashcarts until they figured out how to make it work on the latest firmware or downgrade it.
Yeah but now we can downgrade any console up to 9.2 back to 4.5 without a GW so what is the problem?
Except probably for n3DS users of course ,if it is a GW clone then it will support emunand
Of course N3DS support will be nice especially since I plan on selling my old 3DS XL once GW finally releases support for my AU N3DS

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are so many people making so many extreme claims regarding the DSTWO+? I've heard it said will only work on 3DS for the old firmware, 4.5... or people saying it couldn't possibly be true some of the things retailers have listed about it supporting all firmwares...

I think its safe to assume it is going to have a switch, that will change between two modes, one being for the 3DS and one being for the DS...

Why would they emulate the gateway and not immediately support up to 9.2 (what gateway currently supports up to?), further why would they even emulate the gateway? If I was making the design choices I would rather have a device that switches between being a DSTWO and a SKY3DS... It seems the supercard people try very hard to stay compatible with the most up to date firmware, from my understandings it will not be practical / easy for Nintendo to block the SKY3DS, especially if you use your own header/templates...

The DSTWO already has a beta version of Dingux emulator... If that was optimized and the DSTWO+ CPU was also upgraded, PSx and N64 emulation, along with everything a Dingoo can do could become reality... IMO they would be wise to use a CPU and layout that already has lots developed for it, then they could easily port tons of stuff over.
Wow, so much bull shit in one post.
You are talking about people making extreme claims and then do it yourself.
As far as I know nobody knows anything about the specifications of the DSTWO+, if that is actually it's name since this name was made up by some hoaxer.
And you're already talking about upgraded CPUs heck even PSX and N64 emulation, which is totally ridiculous to even think of at this point.
And then the "safe to assume it will have a switch" part? Where do you come up with this stuff?

thelastlokean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so much bull shit in one post.
You are talking about people making extreme claims and then do it yourself.
As far as I know nobody knows anything about the specifications of the DSTWO+, if that is actually it's name since this name was made up by some hoaxer.
And you're already talking about upgraded CPUs heck even PSX and N64 emulation, which is totally ridiculous to even think of at this point.
And then the "safe to assume it will have a switch" part? Where do you come up with this stuff?

I made absolutely zero claims, learn to read. The 'safe to assume it will have a switch' comes from my understanding of how the 3DS works... It will either have a hard switch or some fancy new software method to boot between being a 3DS game, in 3DS mode or a DS game in DS mode... This is the nature of the 3DS when loading a game from the cartridge slot... If it is launched in 3DS mode, and you want to play a DS game... You will either have to switch the console to DS mode or emulate a DS, and that isn't very practical... With my limited knowledge of the registry and how the 3DS works... You will not be able to switch from DS mode and 3DS mode without going into the menu screen. If there is no hard switch on a this device that can supposedly play both... How would it know which you were trying to achieve?

I simply stated what I would do if I was involved in the design process (I am clearly not involved, if I was I wouldn't be posting here.), the only reason I talked about PSX or N64 emulation because in my opinion, it is the next logical step for developers to stride for... Actually PSX emulation has happened on a DSTWO already, just not at appreciable speeds...

The only reason I mentioned about upgrading a CPU for the DSTWO+, because it seems like an obvious choice as CPUs have come a long way since the original DSTWO was produced... But also to point out how the development team could come to the conclusion that DS-MODE homebrew is plenty if the DSTWO's CPU is carrying most of the weight anyways... Say using an identical CPU as a Dingoo and releasing a Dingux port, then they could justify going in more of a SKY3DS setup rather than the Gateway setup for 3DS rom compatibility... Such a final product would meet the things that have been advertised by some vendors about the DSTWO+ even though some have claimed that it is the impossible lies of scammers... Rather than assume such, I reasoned out a way that such claims could actually be realized.

No where did I say any of it was reality... Actually read my post that you quoted... I was simply openly exploring options from my perspective, as so many before have done on this issue... The only difference was I did not then tout any of my speculations as fact, but rather and quite plainly state them as nothing more than speculation that they are.

Meanwhile, you still get people posting things like this, note how they are stating something that is clearly unknown as fact...

Now go read the language and terminology used in my post, I was very clearly and blatantly speculating....

Conclusion: If I was supercard, which I am not, I would simply combine a DSTWO (maybe with upgraded CPU) and a clone of SKY3DS into a single chip, with a switch that toggles between the two modes... This is also the only way I see it being realistic that the extreme claims being made by some website would be possible...

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@lokean
You do realize that all your conjecture is based on specifications published by a hoaxer?
For that sole reason I don't understand why you are going so far speculating.

And PSX emulation on DSTWO is practically non-existent and will probably never happen unless everything you HOPE for comes true.
There isn't even good PSX emulation on the GCW Zero (the best Dingux device out there) yet.
N64 most likely will never happen since it is never going to happen on the GCW Zero either.

Just tune down the ridiculous expectations for a device that isn't out on the market yet.
You're just creating a lot of hype and expectations based on literally nothing.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Recalling that the Supercard team couldn't even update their own SNES emulator I doubt they could provide anything what Gateway doesn't already provide (except maybe a flashcart that doesn't brick your 3DS). I predict their flashcart will be exploit based like Gateway and supports 4.X - 9.2 only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ