Hacking Switch for SX OS

xzouze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Do i need an unpatched switch if i use SX OS or it is needed only for atmospehere?

Thanks!

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no! If you have a unpatched switch you can run sx os or atmosphere, but if you have a patched one you only can run sx os (you need to buy the mod chip)

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
or flash spacecraft nx and run Atmosphere but without any knowledge i wouldnt
You don't need that, you can launch hekate+atmosphere from sxos boot menu, or use sx gear boot.dat+ini and launch atmosphere or variants directly. Also, be careful when flashing spacecraft-nx...

Last edited by Inaki,

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! you need an unpatched switch to use sxos or Atmosphere (and a way to activate rcm, which is easy ),
I wish people would stop perpetuating this lie. It just makes threads confusing more than anything.

You can run SXOS or atmosphere on any switch. Patched Switches require a modchip install. SXOS has two main features atmos doesn't, namely hdd loading and xci loading. Otherwise they're the same. SXOS is 10x simpler to use than atmos, but atmos will most likely be supported for longer and is free.

Reactions: Inaki and OuahOuah

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wish people would stop perpetuating this lie. It just makes threads confusing more than anything.

You can run SXOS or atmosphere on any switch. Patched Switches require a modchip install. SXOS has two main features atmos doesn't, namely hdd loading and xci loading. Otherwise they're the same. SXOS is 10x simpler to use than atmos, but atmos will most likely be supported for longer and is free.

thats not fully correct....AMS has HDD Loading but no XCI loading...you can install NSP of ur HDD if you use Tinfoil or simmilar

Reactions: Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats not fully correct....AMS has HDD Loading but no XCI loading...you can install NSP of ur HDD if you use Tinfoil or simmilar
Ah. I must've missed those updates. I've only loosely followed atmos up until recently. From what it sounds like, SXOS is still the more "seamless" hdd option, but thanks for the correction!

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
atmosphere is updated quicker and doesnt cost anything, other than that they both work about the same. It is easier to setup sxos, but once setup I dont find atmos any harder to use. It took me about 20 minutes to install atmos the first time after switching from sxos, but then a fedw hours reinstalling my software that didnt work anymore.

Last edited by kevin corms,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do not need an unpactched switch to run sxos.

if you want to use the dongle then yes

if you have a patched switch you can get a mod chip for mariko or lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy