Hardware Switch hard mod NAND dump, with Low Voltage eMMC Adapter.

FXDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hey, I'm looking to recover save data from a fully dead switch (I have all the keys etc. from the console). Am I understanding correctly that I should be able to use the SD card reader I currently have + the Low Voltage eMMC adapter to do a full NAND dump but the only issue is I won't be able to dump BOOT0 or BOOT1? That would be completely fine for me as I just need the USER partition.

Got a living dex on Pokemon Sword that I was pretty sad to lose (really shitty that they don't let you do cloud saves for Pokemon but I understand their reasoning even though I'm sure they could come up with some way to make sure it couldn't be abused to dupe pokemon) but if I can get the USER partition from the NAND that would be perfect.
Try mmcblkNX device.
https://github.com/ignasurba/mmcblkNX

Reactions: Agilato and fadx

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with pleasure:creep:
Thanks again for the recommendation. I had already bought the Low Voltage eMMC adapter but I ended up buying the mmcblkNX too when you mentioned it. The Low Voltage eMMC adapter came yesterday and it wasn't too hard to set up, took 15 mins or so to solder it all up and it dumped the NAND at around 5/6MB/s.

It's funny because the mmcblkNX arrived today and it's so much easier and better, I wish I hadn't done it all yesterday it took so much longer. Literally just plug it in and install the driver then it dumps at 20MB/s.

Well at least I've finally got my saves back though and they're now backed up to google drive :grog:

Ttm3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the recommendation. I had already bought the Low Voltage eMMC adapter but I ended up buying the mmcblkNX too when you mentioned it. The Low Voltage eMMC adapter came yesterday and it wasn't too hard to set up, took 15 mins or so to solder it all up and it dumped the NAND at around 5/6MB/s.

It's funny because the mmcblkNX arrived today and it's so much easier and better, I wish I hadn't done it all yesterday it took so much longer. Literally just plug it in and install the driver then it dumps at 20MB/s.

Well at least I've finally got my saves back though and they're now backed up to google drive :grog:

Were you running Linux? How did you acquire the driver? My system doesn't even recognize the device as being plugged in. I've tried it in Windows & Ubuntu

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

I'm guessing you had zero trouble using the exploitee board, but can you give me some pointers. I'm testing the process with a good Switch eMMC module that I can read just fine with the mmcblkNX adapter, but no luck with the exploitee. I've tried both a working Switch eMMC module and a SD card and neither work with the exploitee. What SD card adapter did you use, I have the recommended Transcend TS-RDF5K?

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing you had zero trouble using the exploitee board, but can you give me some pointers. I'm testing the process with a good Switch eMMC module that I can read just fine with the mmcblkNX adapter, but no luck with the exploitee. I've tried both a working Switch eMMC module and a SD card and neither work with the exploitee. What SD card adapter did you use, I have the recommended Transcend TS-RDF5K?
Yeah I had no problems using either board. I'm using an SD Card reader I got that was recommended for 3DS Nand dumps a long time ago here: https://amazon.co.uk/Anker®-Reader-RS-MMC-Support-Warranty/dp/B00LFIXC8I/

I would check your solder points with a multi meter maybe, from what I remember I just dumped it the exact same way as I did with the mmcblkNX adapter.

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Aliexpress.???? Is there others tool to read nintendo switch mmc chip i have tenssy... And ps3 sescon reader pll... And pic raspberry... Or just only this reader????

marcosscriven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I had no problems using either board. I'm using an SD Card reader I got that was recommended for 3DS Nand dumps a long time ago here: https://amazon.co.uk/Anker®-Reader-RS-MMC-Support-Warranty/dp/B00LFIXC8I/

I would check your solder points with a multi meter maybe, from what I remember I just dumped it the exact same way as I did with the mmcblkNX adapter.
Wow - are you saying that Anker reader can read boot0/boot1? That's super hard to find in a generic adapter, and very handy if so. Did you use it with Windows/Linux/macOS?

Reactions: Danook28

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow - are you saying that Anker reader can read boot0/boot1? That's super hard to find in a generic adapter, and very handy if so. Did you use it with Windows/Linux/macOS?
Hey, I'm looking to recover save data from a fully dead switch (I have all the keys etc. from the console). Am I understanding correctly that I should be able to use the SD card reader I currently have + the Low Voltage eMMC adapter to do a full NAND dump but the only issue is I won't be able to dump BOOT0 or BOOT1? That would be completely fine for me as I just need the USER partition.

Got a living dex on Pokemon Sword that I was pretty sad to lose (really shitty that they don't let you do cloud saves for Pokemon but I understand their reasoning even though I'm sure they could come up with some way to make sure it couldn't be abused to dupe pokemon) but if I can get the USER partition from the NAND that would be perfect.
No, they acknowledged not being able to dump BOOT0 and BOOT1, they only needed to recover saves from the USER partition.

Reactions: Danook28

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY