Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

The13thVessel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Awesome! This would absolutely explain your symptoms so I’m feeling pretty good about it. GL!
Okay, now it appears a black screens that says

"A fatal error ocurred when running Fusee.
Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3!"

Oh my god I did it, I needed to reinstall everything but I did it, thanks for the help

Last edited by The13thVessel,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now it appears a black screens that says

"A fatal error ocurred when running Fusee.
Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3!"

Oh my god I did it, I needed to reinstall everything but I did it, thanks for the help
Glad you’re sorted. Enjoy!

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Is this a reliable guide to follow for installing CFW on my 1st gen Switch?

Thanks
This is the guide I always recommend all users its not only the first guide ever released but has been regularly updated as the scene progressed. Also, you don't "install" CFW; CFW are just some files on your SD card that you load. No part of the exploit is permanently installed to your system.

albedo4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let’s try this:

temporarily move /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot. Then delete and reinstall the game and try to play it again.

(this ensures there are no sysmodules or cheats or what have you impacting the game’s boot process)

Update on my question:
Couldn't find the /atmosphere/contents/ folder, searched for it using my pc and the file browsers on tinfoil & HBmenu.
Not sure if you meant ALL the contents on the atmosphere folder, so before trying that I went for BigOnYa's advice and installed the games using NSPs instead of NSZs and that did the trick (using awoo and redownloaded the files instead of converting them just to minimize variables).

Thanks for your advice!
Oh, and I went and checked and apparently yes, Awoo DOES support NZS files, but in this one case it was causing problems

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on my question:
Couldn't find the /atmosphere/contents/ folder, searched for it using my pc and the file browsers on tinfoil & HBmenu.
Not sure if you meant ALL the contents on the atmosphere folder, so before trying that I went for BigOnYa's advice and installed the games using NSPs instead of NSZs and that did the trick (using awoo and redownloaded the files instead of converting them just to minimize variables).

Thanks for your advice!
Oh, and I went and checked and apparently yes, Awoo DOES support NZS files, but in this one case it was causing problems

No worries. If it doesn’t exist it’s not the problem.

Glad @BigOnYa ’s fix solved the problem!

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used to play all games using flight mode to use less battery. Recently I connected to new wifi and didn't configure dns, since then I cannot play mk11 like that as it asks for internet connection. Is there a way to fix things?
So just disable Airplane Mode. If you're worried about connecting to Nintendo, just delete the Wi-Fi settings.

Javanya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
No, I recommend using a different title installer entirely or else you risk this happening all over again which is why I linked you TinWoo Installer earlier. Also, its not a jailbreak. You only jailbreak Sony consoles and iPhones. We are hacking the Nintendo Switch, not jailbreaking it, and the hack was never installed in the first place either. You need to perform the hack every time you turn the console off.
Als
So just disable Airplane Mode. If you're worried about connecting to Nintendo, just delete the Wi-Fi settings.
The thing is that game doesn't launch anymore without stable internet connection, but I could play it before without internet. Is not there a way to play it without internet?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch itself is not using latest version
Well, you could always try updating to the latest version to see if that helps.
Post automatically merged:

I have had a few games fail to install but I have noticed that the storage on my switch still shows some memory was used up. Where can I go to clean up the files left behind after a failed install?
You can always remove any content via Data Management under System Settings.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you could always try updating to the latest version to see if that helps.
Post automatically merged:

You can always remove any content via Data Management under System Settings.
Where would it be under? Install files are not going to be in the system settings. I either downloaded a corrupt file or a network failure, but I see that space is taken up. How would I go about clearing out those garbage files?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would it be under? Install files are not going to be in the system settings. I either downloaded a corrupt file or a network failure, but I see that space is taken up. How would I go about clearing out those garbage files?
If it shows up as a blank or spinning icon, it should show up in Data Management. It might not even have a name but it could display how much space is being taken up. Otherwise, you can press the + button on the icon in the Home Menu to uninstall it from there.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just modded my switch and I'm wondering how safe is it to install emulators? do people get banned easily for running roms and emulators? And what is a good guide to installing emulators on a modded switch?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just modded my switch and I'm wondering how safe is it to install emulators? do people get banned easily for running roms and emulators? And what is a good guide to installing emulators on a modded switch?

if you followed something like this guide:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

You will have your Sysnand and Emunand that act like two different machines that can’t see each other at all.

General Rule:

Keep your Sysnand 100% clean and go Online
Keep your Emunand 100% offline in case it’s Dirty

Here’s how to keep your Emunand Offline (as far as Ninty is concerned) while still being able to access the Internet:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Once secured…

…you would want to install your emulators on your Emunand. Since it’s Offline it’s very tough to ban it. :-)

Either of these guides will get you started with Retroarch (you can skip the art about hacking your Switch)

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/install-libnx/

https://www.cfwaifu.com/retroarch-switch/

If you run into edge cases w’ RetroArch there are standalone emulators that fill most of the gaps.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have a V1 Switch and intend on playing online with sysNAND and offline homebrew using CFW. How do I switch between and what role does AutoRCM play in this? I’ve read something about battery the battery draining fully being an issue too but don’t fully understand it.

I haven’t done any hacking yet, I’m just gathering all the info I need first.

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a V1 Switch and intend on playing online with sysNAND and offline homebrew using CFW. How do I switch between and what role does AutoRCM play in this? I’ve read something about battery the battery draining fully being an issue too but don’t fully understand it.

I haven’t done any hacking yet, I’m just gathering all the info I need first.

Thanks
If you're using Hekate to boot Atmosphere, when you use the Restart function while in CFW, it will launch the same payload you used to launch CFW which will be Hekate in this case. From there, you can use Hekate to boot sysMMC via Stock. If you don't use Hekate or Stock mode, you can always turn off the console to boot sysMMC. In either scenario, you will have to push a payload via USB while in RCM in order to access Atmosphere again.

AutoRCM is a valuable tool that every Switch user should be utilizing. As the name implies, it AUTOmatically boots the console into RCM removing the need for a jig. Even the most well-made jig can damage your console so AutoRCM is a boon in comparison. AutoRCM never drained a single console's battery; it was inconsiderate Switch owners who didn't properly turn off their console and rather take responsibility for being irresponsible, they blamed AutoRCM giving it a bad rep for no good reason. You can fully read up on all of the pros and cons of AutoRCM in this thread.

Firewarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys, I have 2 SD cards with a similar setup. Hidden/RAW partition for the EMUMMC etc. Exact same folder structure just one is 256GB and the other 400GB.

I was able to move the 400GB one to the new 1TB SD through Hekate and it's working I can see the games, everything looks good, etc. But I also want to move my 256GB games to the 1TB card as well.
I thought it was simply just copying and pasting the EMUMMC contents in RAW1 and it would show up but it's only showing the 400GB card games.

Is there a way to get them to show? Or am I out of luck and due to how the EMUMMC.ini is set up it's not possible? I'll have to delete the RAW1 contents again since I copied over 170GB of games I can't even see.

The 2 cards are still intact so I can always boot into them with no issues.

Thanks for any help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out