Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I have 2 SD cards with a similar setup. Hidden/RAW partition for the EMUMMC etc. Exact same folder structure just one is 256GB and the other 400GB.

I was able to move the 400GB one to the new 1TB SD through Hekate and it's working I can see the games, everything looks good, etc. But I also want to move my 256GB games to the 1TB card as well.
I thought it was simply just copying and pasting the EMUMMC contents in RAW1 and it would show up but it's only showing the 400GB card games.

Is there a way to get them to show? Or am I out of luck and due to how the EMUMMC.ini is set up it's not possible?

The 2 cards are still intact so I can always boot into them with no issues.

Thanks for any help.
The area where the games are stored is encrypted and layed out uniquely for each card. You will not be able to add one to the other without impacting the first copy. The best you can do is dump the games using NXDumptool and then reinstall the resulting game backups on the other card. Game saves can be exported/imported via JKSV.

Reactions: Firewarrior

Firewarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The area where the games are stored is encrypted and layed out uniquely for each card. You will not be able to add one to the other without impacting the first copy. The best you can do is dump the games using NXDumptool and then reinstall the resulting game backups on the other card. Game saves can be exported/imported via JKSV.
Thanks. Luckily I choose to replicate the bigger SD card instead of my main smaller one.

DeVie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi. I recently had to fix a boot.dat problem (am a complete noob). I have a chip-modded v2 switch.
After finally being able to load into CFW I've tried installing 2 games. doesn't work. I get an error and then an empty game box appears. can't open it, says it needs updating.

Can't remove it either. What do I do? how do fix this :(

2x2t9b4.jpg

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you followed something like this guide:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

You will have your Sysnand and Emunand that act like two different machines that can’t see each other at all.

Here’s how to keep your Emunand Offline (as far as Ninty is concerned) while still being able to access the Internet:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Once secured…

…you would want to install your emulators on your Emunand. Since it’s Offline it’s very tough to ban it. :-)

Either of these guides will get you started with Retroarch (you can skip the art about hacking your Switch)

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/install-libnx/

https://www.cfwaifu.com/retroarch-switch/

If you run into edge cases w’ RetroArch there are standalone emulators that fill most of the gaps.

I got atmosphere working but didn't bother with hekate. Do I need that? I just did the thing with atmosphere.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got atmosphere working but didn't bother with hekate. Do I need that? I just did the thing with atmosphere.
You don’t absolutely need it, but it helps to have a bootloader to,do some of the booting tricks such creating Emunand and backups and such. If you just run Atmosphere by itself your risk factor is still very low. It’s when you add anything on top of it that leads to cheating or piracy that you get in trouble. I highly recommend you walk through the guide and then make a decision on the type of install you need.
Post automatically merged:

Hi. I recently had to fix a boot.dat problem (am a complete noob). I have a chip-modded v2 switch.
After finally being able to load into CFW I've tried installing 2 games. doesn't work. I get an error and then an empty game box appears. can't open it, says it needs updating.

Can't remove it either. What do I do? how do fix this :(

2x2t9b4.jpg
You can delete it by going to Settings -> Manage Software and then delete the game.

Boot.dat, huh? Are you still running SXOS? You’re likely to start running into a lot of titles that won’t install/boot as there have not been any updates since 11.0.0 and we’re now on 15.0.1.

If you need help take look at this:https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: DeVie

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don’t absolutely need it, but it helps to have a bootloader to,do some of the booting tricks such creating Emunand and backups and such. If you just run Atmosphere by itself your risk factor is still very low. It’s when you add anything on top of it that leads to cheating or piracy that you get in trouble. I highly recommend you walk through the guide and then make a decision on the type of install you need.

You can delete it by going to Settings -> Manage Software and then delete the game.

Boot.dat, huh? Are you still running SXOS? You’re likely to start running into a lot of titles that won’t install/boot as there have not been any updates since 11.0.0 and we’re now on 15.0.1.

If you need help take look at this:https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I tried following this: https://rentry.org/SwitchPayloadLaunch but Hetake isn't booting. I'm confused. This guide says to just hit the power button but some reddit post I read said to restart the console. I already have atmosphere installed and I put the files it mentioned onto the root of the SD card and I renamed that one file to payload.bin. What am I doing wrong?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried following this: https://rentry.org/SwitchPayloadLaunch but Hetake isn't booting. I'm confused. This guide says to just hit the power button but some reddit post I read said to restart the console. I already have atmosphere installed and I put the files it mentioned onto the root of the SD card and I renamed that one file to payload.bin. What am I doing wrong?

Let’s take a step back. Are you using RCM or a Mod Chip?

yeetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know i'm having a lot of problems and this one is pretty bad. I put the console to sleep and now it won't turn on no matter what I do.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know i'm having a lot of problems and this one is pretty bad. I put the console to sleep and now it won't turn on no matter what I do.
Press and hold power for 15 seconds. Then tap power one time and then plug in your charger.

Is this a V1? And if so, do you have AutoRCM turned on?

yeetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the hard reset a couple times and yes this is a v1. AutoRcm is also on

I got it to work I just needed to reset it a few more times

Last edited by yeetus,
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

Synthials

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Stupid Noob Question : I have a unpatched Switch where i play with my official Account where i have a lot of games i bought. I now want to buy a Switch Oled and transfer my Account to the new Switch after that i want to try hack my old Switch put cfw on it. Is there a danger my real Account is still getting banned after i transfer it to the new Switch ? Or do i need to something to prevent it ? Like completely wipe my Account from the old Switch somehow ?

I already put cfw on my Vita , 3ds , PS3 and WIIU. How difficult is the Switch in Comparison ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid Noob Question : I have a unpatched Switch where i play with my official Account where i have a lot of games i bought. I now want to buy a Switch Oled and transfer my Account to the new Switch after that i want to try hack my old Switch put cfw on it. Is there a danger my real Account is still getting banned after i transfer it to the new Switch ? Or do i need to something to prevent it ? Like completely wipe my Account from the old Switch somehow ?

I already put cfw on my Vita , 3ds , PS3 and WIIU. How difficult is the Switch in Comparison ?
Account bans rarely, if ever, happen due to hacking. They are more likely to occur if you were to conduct fraudulent activity like credit card fraud. There have been multiple instances where people have used a Nintendo Account from a console that was already banned on an unbanned one with no repercussions.

As for how difficult it is to setup CFW on the Switch, that is a subjective question so you will get mixed results. Some people will say its easier than the consoles you listed while others will tell you that its harder so it depends who you ask. Objectively speaking, the most unique action towards hacking a Nintendo Switch involves putting it into RCM. Doing that involves physically inserting a conductive object into the right Joy-Con rail. You can use certain metal items lying around in your house or you can purchase a pre-manufactured jig designed to induce RCM. Either way, this is the most user-dependent step of putting CFW on the console. The other steps such as sending a payload via RCM or downloading the files to place on the SD card are trivial.

Reactions: Synthials

Synthials

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Account bans rarely, if ever, happen due to hacking. They are more likely to occur if you were to conduct fraudulent activity like credit card fraud. There have been multiple instances where people have used a Nintendo Account from a console that was already banned on an unbanned one with no repercussions.

As for how difficult it is to setup CFW on the Switch, that is a subjective question so you will get mixed results. Some people will say its easier than the consoles you listed while others will tell you that its harder so it depends who you ask. Objectively speaking, the most unique action towards hacking a Nintendo Switch involves putting it into RCM. Doing that involves physically inserting a conductive object into the right Joy-Con rail. You can use certain metal items lying around in your house or you can purchase a pre-manufactured jig designed to induce RCM. Either way, this is the most user-dependent step of putting CFW on the console. The other steps such as sending a payload via RCM or downloading the files to place on the SD card are trivial.

Thanks for the answer. I will definitely take my real Account to my new Switch and create a new Account on the old one. Just don't want to risk it. I Ordered a RCM Jig just to be sure. Well can't wait to start after i transfered my Account love hacking old console and to see what everything is possible with homebrew :D

Reactions: Draxzelex

FD88

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, which is actually the best chip for a brand new OLED? I’ve seen 4.2, 4.2+, 5, 5+ on Ali and I’m lost. Also upgradable and flashable with a huge price difference. For what is the small green PCB that comes with some versions?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, which is actually the best chip for a brand new OLED? I’ve seen 4.2, 4.2+, 5, 5+ on Ali and I’m lost. Also upgradable and flashable with a huge price difference. For what is the small green PCB that comes with some versions?

V4 work well if you can find that.

FD88

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
V4 is not working with Toshiba emmc and USB port burn risk. Is V5 not best for OLED? For what is the small green PCB?

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi. I wanted know how to delete a game off of homebrew without being on homebrew; I can go on hektate but I can't boot into atmosphere at all without being stuck on the Nintendo logo screen.

I am believing it's one of the games I installed right before this happened, because as soon I installed the game in cfw mode the game just basically made my switch not want to load it nor my other game either..it was super weird so I decided to restart my switch to only yeah having to force shut down my switch to reboot it, because it wouldn't load into cfw at all it just gave me a black screen.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I wanted know how to delete a game off of homebrew without being on homebrew; I can go on hektate but I can't boot into atmosphere at all without being stuck on the Nintendo logo screen.

I am believing it's one of the games I installed right before this happened, because as soon I installed the game in cfw mode the game just basically made my switch not want to load it nor my other game either..it was super weird so I decided to restart my switch to only yeah having to force shut down my switch to reboot it, because it wouldn't load into cfw at all it just gave me a black screen.
Just go into Data Management from System Settings. Nintendo already implemented ways to delete game and save data without CFW.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь