Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand. Is the problem that you cannot get the save transfer to work or that the console is stuck with the error code 2002-1002?
I'm stuck in the middle of a save transfer, whenever either console powers on, it powers on directly into the save transfer, then once they detect each other as part of the transfer, i get the error and they shut off, can try and grab some pictures in a bit

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck in the middle of a save transfer, whenever either console powers on, it powers on directly into the save transfer, then once they detect each other as part of the transfer, i get the error and they shut off, can try and grab some pictures in a bit
Its probably not going to work for multiple reasons. For one thing, the accounts have to be the same on both consoles and seeing how the save originally only booted on a secondary account, it doesn't sound like they have the same account. Also, they both have to be on the latest firmware. But probably the biggest issue is that you need a user that is linked to the same account on both consoles.
So you're saying you already met all of these pre-requisites? These are the same ones Nintendo lists on their official website.

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you're saying you already met all of these pre-requisites? These are the same ones Nintendo lists on their official website.
Yes, all the pre-requisites have been met, the only thing i can think of that would be different to a normal save transfer between 2 completely umodded consoles is the user the save originated from, and the only thing that's different (so far as i'm aware) from the mostly successful save transfer i performed twice before is the file name

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah bugger, I missed that bit.

When I got the yellow screen yesterday I'd got to stage 5 here;
View attachment 358833

So today I've downloaded the files you helpfully highlighted, unzipped them and copied them onto the SD card selecting 'merge' when asked. However I'm still getting a yellow screen when launching from hekate into CFW -sysmmc, CFW - emummc or stock - sysmmc.
I think I've got carried away and cocked up. Could you help me figure out where please?

Can you boot into regular stock mode at this point?

If you are using a modchip, try holding both (Vol +) and (Vol -) after you power on to bypass everything.

If you are on a V1, disable AutoRCM and boot normal.

Trying to find bottom here…so we know where to start fixing.

Reactions: Lazlo_Woodbine

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all the pre-requisites have been met, the only thing i can think of that would be different to a normal save transfer between 2 completely umodded consoles is the user the save originated from, and the only thing that's different (so far as i'm aware) from the mostly successful save transfer i performed twice before is the file name
Then that is probably preventing the transfer. From the console's perspective, you are trying to use the Save Transfer Tool to transfer the save from your emuMMC to another console which do not share a Nintendo Account since you stated that your main account is not on your emuMMC. Moving the save file from emuMMC to sysMMC didn't link it with a new Nintendo Account because it wasn't properly transferred via official means. If you want to have any hope of transferring it, you're going to have to remake your emuMMC with your Nintendo Account then go through the entire process of moving it from emuMMC to sysMMC in order to finally transfer it to your second console.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah that's a shame.

I'm not sure why I use Linux sometimes. I didn't think I was a masochist but here we are...
LOL. I think I would be even more of a masochist if I kept using Windows as a main OS. I do encounter some problems with some programs or functionalities on Linux, but i like the challenge of finding a solution. I'm glad that it worked for you, though.

Reactions: Lazlo_Woodbine

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then that is probably preventing the transfer. From the console's perspective, you are trying to use the Save Transfer Tool to transfer the save from your emuMMC to another console which do not share a Nintendo Account since you stated that your main account is not on your emuMMC. Moving the save file from emuMMC to sysMMC didn't link it with a new Nintendo Account because it wasn't properly transferred via official means. If you want to have any hope of transferring it, you're going to have to remake your emuMMC with your Nintendo Account then go through the entire process of moving it from emuMMC to sysMMC in order to finally transfer it to your second console.
After factory resetting i made a completely fresh save with my main nintendo account, i tried using that both without changing the name and changing the name to match the current one after restoring the nand backup, it also didn't work, if i try to set up my emuMMC again based of my sysnand, that will also be stuck in the save transfer, is there a way i can use a nand backup as the basis for an emuMMC?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After factory resetting i made a completely fresh save with my main nintendo account, i tried using that both without changing the name and changing the name to match the current one after restoring the nand backup, it also didn't work, if i try to set up my emuMMC again based of my sysnand, that will also be stuck in the save transfer, is there a way i can use a nand backup as the basis for an emuMMC?
Unfortunately, there is no such option. Are you sure the Nintendo Account you're transferring from is the same Nintendo Account on the target console? Because it sounds like you are juggling multiple Nintendo Accounts.

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, there is no such option. Are you sure the Nintendo Account you're transferring from is the same Nintendo Account on the target console? Because it sounds like you are juggling multiple Nintendo Accounts.
I have account 2 on my emuMMC, account 2 on my sysnand and account 1 on my sysnand, account 1 being my main one, the save originated from account 2 on my emuMMC but only worked on account 1 on sysnand, currently i'm in a transfer for account 1 on both switches

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have account 2 on my emuMMC, account 2 on my sysnand and account 1 on my sysnand, account 1 being my main one, the save originated from account 2 on my emuMMC but only worked on account 1 on sysnand, currently i'm in a transfer for account 1 on both switches
You have 2 different accounts linked to your hacked console in sysMMC?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then its still like I said. When the save data was migrated from emuMMC to sysMMC, even though its now associated with account 1, it wasn't done via official methods so its probably associated with account 2 which is preventing the transfer. You need an emuMMC with account 1 in order to fully move the save data to your new console that is linked with account 1.

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then its still like I said. When the save data was migrated from emuMMC to sysMMC, even though its now associated with account 1, it wasn't done via official methods so its probably associated with account 2 which is preventing the transfer. You need an emuMMC with account 1 in order to fully move the save data to your new console that is linked with account 1.
Hmm, ok, fair enough, there is an option with Hekate to migrate emummc or something similar so gonna try that, hopefully i'm not misinterpreting what it does

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you boot into regular stock mode at this point?

If you are using a modchip, try holding both (Vol +) and (Vol -) after you power on to bypass everything.

If you are on a V1, disable AutoRCM and boot normal.

Trying to find bottom here…so we know where to start fixing.
Yes it will boot into normal mode from full power off.

No modchip, it's a V1.

AutoRCM has always been off.

Aside from the CFW not being sigpatched it was launching into Atmosphere from Hekate fine until I used the All In One Switch Updater as described in my post you quoted.

Thank you for your patience.

dt90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That’s a bit high for the fan to only be at 50%. You still aren’t in the danger zone but still. Are you overclocking?

You can change the fan profile like so:

I would suspect something was done wrong here…

I wouldn’t mess around with software patching until the hardware was solid…
before making the software modification, via emunand (with procedures verified and well explained by various tutorials), i played quite a few hours with dragonball kakarot, but it never got that hot. With bayonetta 3 on atmosphere instead,being a very recent game, the switch heated up a lot, probably because the hardware is squeezed more.

by the way, thank you very much! I solved thanks to that file!
now the fan also reaches 85% of use, and in fact the temperatures do not go beyond 60 degrees, much better

I'll put the thermal paste back, putting a thicker one in the layer between the heat pipe and the metal plate

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have a NAND backup from before the save transfer?
Restored the nand partitions and the boot 0/1 files from the latest firmware and am now getting a blue screen on boot, i'm guessing because the latest firmware isn't present on the backup, is there any way i can update it without booting it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn