Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I thought I was doing this right.

Updated atmosphere and hekate, far as I understood it via the AIO updater. Updated the sys-patch and sigpatches. Waited this long to see if there were any issues propping up regarding the 17.0.0 firmware, but didn't see any.

Downloaded, and use Daybreak to update it (emucfw). At first, it was just atmosphere giving me an error screen and prompting me to reboot or reload to hekate. Noticed the error code it displayed on this screen and since it kept repeating, I followed This result to power cycle the thing. And... now it won't turn on. Even if I plug in the rcmloader, I get nothing.

... What the heck do I do?

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This sounds like a bad card to me, but I have never seen this behavior in the wild. If I was troubleshooting, a different card would be my first step.
It was erpt report folder getting floded with errors because of linkalho and folder had more than 16000 files which caused huge slowdown when I unlinked account with linkalho It was not generating error anymore

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was erpt report folder getting floded with errors because of linkalho and folder had more than 16000 files which caused huge slowdown when I unlinked account with linkalho It was not generating error anymore
Awesome. Storing that info away for troubleshooting later

Reactions: Dzoni

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I thought I was doing this right.

Updated atmosphere and hekate, far as I understood it via the AIO updater. Updated the sys-patch and sigpatches. Waited this long to see if there were any issues propping up regarding the 17.0.0 firmware, but didn't see any.

Downloaded, and use Daybreak to update it (emucfw). At first, it was just atmosphere giving me an error screen and prompting me to reboot or reload to hekate. Noticed the error code it displayed on this screen and since it kept repeating, I followed This result to power cycle the thing. And... now it won't turn on. Even if I plug in the rcmloader, I get nothing.

... What the heck do I do?
You used the very buggy and problematic AIO Updater, that's what. I don't know who or what told you to use that bad tool but it is most likely the root cause of your issues. I would first recommend deleting it. Then I would recommend deleting everything from your SD card except the Nintendo folder just to remove any traces of what the AIO Updater may have installed. Then download a fresh set of files from the official Atmosphere GitHub. Now to turn the console back on, when you say you power cycled it, did you perform a normal shutdown or a manual shutdown? If its the former, then you will have to perform a manual shutdown by holding the power button for 15 seconds. If you already performed one, try performing another one then turning the console back on.

Reactions: Blythe93

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You used the very buggy and problematic AIO Updater, that's what. I don't know who or what told you to use that bad tool but it is most likely the root cause of your issues. I would first recommend deleting it. Then I would recommend deleting everything from your SD card except the Nintendo folder just to remove any traces of what the AIO Updater may have installed. Then download a fresh set of files from the official Atmosphere GitHub. Now to turn the console back on, when you say you power cycled it, did you perform a normal shutdown or a manual shutdown? If its the former, then you will have to perform a manual shutdown by holding the power button for 15 seconds. If you already performed one, try performing another one then turning the console back on.
Why is AIO updater so hated now? what the heck happened, did the author kick someone's puppy or something? :ph34r:

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hats pack gets a lot of hate from some people, but its pretty solid and you can delete whatever you want from the switch dir before using to make it more lightweight. I find it practical when debugging to pull down the hats pack and diff the card files against hats as a first pass to see what is different. Makes it pretty easy to narrow down what could be wrong since hats is generally a known good baseline to comoare against.
Post automatically merged:

Why is AIO updater so hated now? what the heck happened, did the author kick someone's puppy or something? :ph34r:
I dont think its hated but you cant really take its options at face value. Sometimes the source on one of the downloads breaks. Sometimes it still references older versions of files. Use it for the things it works for like pulling down the latest firmware files. Dont use it for things that are less reliable. And always make sure you are using the latest version of the app before you do anything critical. When in doubt go manual.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its used by the wrong people. AIO Updater is best reserved for people who want something to streamline the process of updating but know how to fallback on updating manually. The issue is that its become popular with people who are lazy when it comes to updating and don't know how to troubleshoot when something goes wrong. This leads to issues about AIO Updater popping up everywhere which is a tech support's worst nightmare. And this is why no self-respecting tech support would ever recommend using AIO Updater.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its used by the wrong people. AIO Updater is best reserved for people who want something to streamline the process of updating but know how to fallback on updating manually. The issue is that its become popular with people who are lazy when it comes to updating and don't know how to troubleshoot when something goes wrong. This leads to issues about AIO Updater popping up everywhere which is a tech support's worst nightmare. And this is why no self-respecting tech support would ever recommend using AIO Updater.
Eh. I would recommend it for very specific things. Wanna change your joycon colors? Download the latest firmware? Fairly foolproof. But to your point I would never tell someone already struggeling to use aio. I have seen a few comments saying "aio all the things!" And while its a good piece of software, its not a perfect solution and leads to worse problems for people who assume it is.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I'm new to the switch mod scene, what do I need to do to mod my switch? What firmware is required for it & if my firmware is updated & not in the requirement, is there a way to downgrade it? Please guide me thanks

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's the right place to ask for something about Yuzu emulator.

I got the BCAT events for Animal Crossing, but it seems it isn't a normal NSP or XCI. But a bunch of files.
How do I apply/install those files?

Thanks.

Last edited by thekarter104,

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I'm thinking of hacking my original model Switch soon. I'm curious about what capabilities I'll have with that... could I play PS2 games on that thing? Can it handle PSP and PS Vita? I assume it does GC well enough, but does it go farther for Nintendo consoles? Wii and Wii U might be impossible.

Outside of that range of consoles... what do you use your hacked Switch for? Just out of curiosity.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm thinking of hacking my original model Switch soon. I'm curious about what capabilities I'll have with that... could I play PS2 games on that thing? Can it handle PSP and PS Vita? I assume it does GC well enough, but does it go farther for Nintendo consoles? Wii and Wii U might be impossible.

Outside of that range of consoles... what do you use your hacked Switch for? Just out of curiosity.
PS1 and PSP - yes (also yes - NES,SNES,N64,Sega,Atari,GB,Mame,etc)
GC - some but few play well
PS2 and Wii - no
I only use my Switch to game on, that's it, but there is homebrew that does eveything now days.

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS1 and PSP - yes (also yes - NES,SNES,N64,Sega,Atari,GB,Mame,etc)
GC - some but few play well
PS2 and Wii - no
I only use my Switch to game on, that's it, but there is homebrew that does eveything now days.
How about PS Vita? Thanks so much for the reply

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried that. Took the SD card out, erased the folders, extracted Atmosphere to the SD card's root to match the directories.

Yet after I plug in my sd card, then my RCMloader, it won't power on. Still.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried that. Took the SD card out, erased the folders, extracted Atmosphere to the SD card's root to match the directories.

Yet after I plug in my sd card, then my RCMloader, it won't power on. Still.
Sounds like booting to RCM mode. Did you update the files on the RCMLoader itself... Hekate.bin or Fusee.bin

Or use TegraRcm with a pc usb to Switch and push the .bin file

Last edited by BigOnYa,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like booting to RCM mode. Did you update the files on the RCMLoader itself... Hekate.bin or Fusee.bin

Or use TegraRcm with a pc usb to Switch and push the .bin file
Awkwardly, what fixed it for me...
download hekate, move the hekate_ctcaer_6.0.7.bin to the atmosphere folder on the RCMloader, rename to payload.bin so it matches the launch dot bat file, plug it in, and it immediately started booting. And the switch lives again!

EDIT Nevermind, I do get it to boot, but it still gives me an "atmosphere encountered an error". Checking again, it's the same error. It won't let me go any further. Pressing the pwoer button at this screen, it reboots, but just goes back to it again and again. Pressing the volume button now, it doesn't boot the Hekate portion; just tries to boot atmosphere again, now.

And it's showing the same 2123-0011 error.

Last edited by codezer0,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies